Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Large Rat

Default So, question about server behavior

What would the forum lurkers suggest to a young Shaman such as myself in this situation.

I started camping the East side of the goblin fort in Warslik's Woods for Grachnist at 9:30 pm last night. It was open, so I set up shop and had only 1 Grachnist kill on my sleeve before about 45 mins later, a level 50+ Cleric walks in and starts AE'ing the entire fort ... both sides of the river.

He claims he "didn't see me anywhere" when he "checked the compound", and just continues doing his thing until (I presume) he got what he came for. So I start clearing my rotation back and a group of more 60's rush in to start killing.

They were gone within 30 mins, and a 54 Monk shows up and is talking to me. I start clearing the adds around the tents, as Grachnist has spawned inside one, and before I finish off the roamers and his tent-mate, the Monk has pulled Grachnist off to the other side of the ruins to claim him.

WTF is a 35 Shaman like myself supposed to do? I legitimately claimed one of the only cash camps I can handle myself, and it doesn't seem to matter to these entitled higher levels.

I won't give names or Guilds of the players who acted this way (one a very prominent raiding Guild on the server), since that's in poor taste, but out of the 3 hours I was there only ONE level 60 Rogue actually ASKED me if I was camping Grachnist, and asked if his alt could loot the head for a quest. (Eldon, I believe, from <Inglorious Bastards>).

Advice on how to deal with these types of bottomfeeders? And also a thank you to Eldon and IB for actually being a class act. Your competition guilds could learn a thing or two.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Camps have fairly interesting rules, one of the big ones is you need to maintain a presense in the camp with force capable of killing the mob(s) and the mobs can't be up for very long. Technically, if I walked in on you, with Grachnist up and you're buffing, then medding to full mana before engaging, I can engage him just on merit of him being up without being engaged timely; while an asshole move on my part, if I see you getting ready to go for the kill, it is allowed and make sense depending on the situation.

My other piece of advice: While I am a fan and member of IB, an all around nice guy (and modest too!), you may be ill served to judge an entire guild harshly on the actions of a few -- every guild has perceived poopheads in it, and 90% of the time it is a result of a misunderstanding.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

No one decided to do a camp check? For real?
Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Kobold

Sadly you just have to get used to it. Happens at every cash camp while you are leveling up on your first toon.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Greed...
Old 08-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wycked Goodbrew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would the forum lurkers suggest to a young Shaman such as myself in this situation.

I started camping the East side of the goblin fort in Warslik's Woods for Grachnist at 9:30 pm last night. It was open, so I set up shop and had only 1 Grachnist kill on my sleeve before about 45 mins later, a level 50+ Cleric walks in and starts AE'ing the entire fort ... both sides of the river.

He claims he "didn't see me anywhere" when he "checked the compound", and just continues doing his thing until (I presume) he got what he came for. So I start clearing my rotation back and a group of more 60's rush in to start killing.

They were gone within 30 mins, and a 54 Monk shows up and is talking to me. I start clearing the adds around the tents, as Grachnist has spawned inside one, and before I finish off the roamers and his tent-mate, the Monk has pulled Grachnist off to the other side of the ruins to claim him.

WTF is a 35 Shaman like myself supposed to do? I legitimately claimed one of the only cash camps I can handle myself, and it doesn't seem to matter to these entitled higher levels.

I won't give names or Guilds of the players who acted this way (one a very prominent raiding Guild on the server), since that's in poor taste, but out of the 3 hours I was there only ONE level 60 Rogue actually ASKED me if I was camping Grachnist, and asked if his alt could loot the head for a quest. (Eldon, I believe, from <Inglorious Bastards>).

Advice on how to deal with these types of bottomfeeders? And also a thank you to Eldon and IB for actually being a class act. Your competition guilds could learn a thing or two.

The admins are too busy hashing out the raiding situation, and constantly being petitioned for stupid shit from probably the same people that just ran in and stole your mob man.

You didn't do anything wrong, they should have called a camp check. Even if they saw corpses around the camp, they should have at least done a /who all and known there were people there in the zone.

Was just an asshole move on them, period.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

Responding to a camp check does not a camp make. There is no requirement to respond to a CC, nor is there is a requirement to respect one.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Responding to a camp check does not a camp make. There is no requirement to respond to a CC, nor is there is a requirement to respect one.
It was probably this asshole that stole your mob, and his mentality is the exact reason the server end game is shit.

Thanks for being a dick
Old 08-28-2014, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattle Squirrell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was probably this asshole that stole your mob, and his mentality is the exact reason the server end game is shit.

Thanks for being a dick
I'm trying to be helpful here. Please make a shit thread in RnF about me instead of bringing this in here where someone has an honest question and I'm giving honest answers.

The reason for the rule regarding CCs is people can be afk sitting on the spawn point of a mob and still be a legal camp without responding to the CC, or sometimes the CC call gets missed by the camp holder. OR, someone at ZL can see that no one called the camp, and call it because they think they can get there in time to get the camp.
Last edited by lecompte; 08-28-2014 at 11:07 AM..
Old 08-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Camps have fairly interesting rules, one of the big ones is you need to maintain a presense in the camp with force capable of killing the mob(s) and the mobs can't be up for very long. Technically, if I walked in on you, with Grachnist up and you're buffing, then medding to full mana before engaging, I can engage him just on merit of him being up without being engaged timely; while an asshole move on my part, if I see you getting ready to go for the kill, it is allowed and make sense depending on the situation.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattle Squirrell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for being a dick
My experience with Lecompte has shown the contrary. These are simply server facts that he wanted to make a new player aware of to limit future frustration. You have to be actively killing the mob/ph to claim it (i.e., it is engaged almost immediately upon spawning) and a camp check is a courtesy, not a requirement.
Closed Thread