Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default This is not classic.....

So I just started not to long ago, and I am already figuring out this server is not classic AT ALL....

First: I can understand RMT, there has always been that, but allowing you to sell your accounts for plat is ok? Not to mention even selling them on the official site. if I remember right you weren't even allowed to share your account with a member of your own family on classic live. Let alone sell it for ingame currency.. This alone ruins the economy. Not to mention it also even invites RMT, new people can just buy plat. Come on this website, and purchase a raid lvl toon. How can GM's allow this?

Second: Camps.... in classic GM's would enforce camping rules, perma camping was not allowed at all, shoot "camping" was not even allowed except for a few special camps. When a certain camp was allowed like Fungi, epic camps etc. It was usally get your item, and leave the camp to the next person on the list.

Third: NBG: In classic, there was once a thing called need before greed. You know where if you need something you would get it before someone who can't even equip it, and wants it to resell. Granted, I am not 60 yet. So I don't know first hand how this plays out in high end camps, but from what I see on the forums its non exsistant.

Forth: Raiding.. In classic, there were rotations for raids which were GM enforced. None of this one guild conquer's all nonsense. This happened in classic, and verant quickly ended that. I don't see how GM's on this server do not enforce a rotation, it isn't hard.

Fifth: While I understand GM's cannot handle all these requests, but this is one of the reasons they had guides. This server has over 800 people. There should be no reason that there shouldnt be a few community guides to help enforce the rules, and overall make this a better experiance for new, and old players.

If this is going to be a mirror of classic EQ, that should also mean the same ruleset, am I right?
Old 07-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to TheLieka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLieka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck you both. You are not entitled to shit. You have no clue what you're talking about. The staff (people with actual marketable skill-sets) on this server offer their time and services (both of which are in demand elsewhere) to a project that they enjoy, and you have the nerve to bitch at them about anything? I typically don't take the troll bait, but who the fuck do you think you are?

Let's start here:
You do not have the right to bitch about the service or the staff or anything related to the project. You deserve nothing. That is the truth. Period.
This project is here and is staffed by skilled people that have chosen to do so without any financial compensation.
  • The staff provides something to the project.
  • The staff receives nothing from the project.
  • The staff asks for nothing from the project.
  • You provide nothing to the project.
  • You receive something from the project.
  • You ask for something from the project.
So, in summary:
You have earned nothing. You deserve nothing. You receive something.

There is no entitlement. You have no right to bitch about anything that happens here, no right at all.

If you do not like the idea of being at the staff's mercy, and feel that you DO deserve more than you are receiving, then you have options. In fact, if you find yourself feeling the slightest annoyance directed toward them, then I strongly suggest that you go forth and start your own fucking project. After you've done so, please report back here and let us know how many times some clueless dipshit criticized you or your work before you changed your mind about the whole endeavor. This staff has not done so yet, as you still have a place to complain about them.

So, what can you do to repay the staff for their free service to the project to which you provide nothing? Why, thank you for asking, because your part of this is fairly easy.
  1. You should report issues when you encounter them (without a shitty attitude),
  2. and thank the staff for their time and services.
Hell, if you are able and have the means, then you can even donate to the project, but under no circumstances is it ever acceptable for you to complain or bitch about the level of service that is being provided to you. Remember - you provide nothing, and you deserve nothing, so you have no rights to complain about the something that you receive.

TL;DR - Shut the fuck up, Donny. You're out of your element. Dude, the Chinaman is not the issue here.

<3,
Dax
I don't always quote, but when I do, I quote a badass.

<3

EQEmu
[Founder] Daxum (ServerOp) <Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek (VZTZ) Emu Server> - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
[Developer] TheLieka (Code Monkey) <EQEmulator.net>
Vallon Zek
[60 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf) <Torrent>, <Silent Souls>, <Vexare>, <Macabre>
Project 1999 (Blue)
[50 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf)
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

yo bro no one gets paid here.

you do not pay for this eq

edit for the post above me is better

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 07-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinlain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I just started not to long ago, and I am already figuring out this server is not classic AT ALL....

First: I can understand RMT, there has always been that, but allowing you to sell your accounts for plat is ok? Not to mention even selling them on the official site. if I remember right you weren't even allowed to share your account with a member of your own family on classic live. Let alone sell it for ingame currency.. This alone ruins the economy. Not to mention it also even invites RMT, new people can just buy plat. Come on this website, and purchase a raid lvl toon. How can GM's allow this?

Second: Camps.... in classic GM's would enforce camping rules, perma camping was not allowed at all, shoot "camping" was not even allowed except for a few special camps. When a certain camp was allowed like Fungi, epic camps etc. It was usally get your item, and leave the camp to the next person on the list.

Third: NBG: In classic, there was once a thing called need before greed. You know where if you need something you would get it before someone who can't even equip it, and wants it to resell. Granted, I am not 60 yet. So I don't know first hand how this plays out in high end camps, but from what I see on the forums its non exsistant.

Forth: Raiding.. In classic, there were rotations for raids which were GM enforced. None of this one guild conquer's all nonsense. This happened in classic, and verant quickly ended that. I don't see how GM's on this server do not enforce a rotation, it isn't hard.

Fifth: While I understand GM's cannot handle all these requests, but this is one of the reasons they had guides. This server has over 800 people. There should be no reason that there shouldnt be a few community guides to help enforce the rules, and overall make this a better experiance for new, and old players.

If this is going to be a mirror of classic EQ, that should also mean the same ruleset, am I right?
So i'm not trying to be as ass here but based on MY recollection of classic: All false. As far as NBG goes, guild groups or groups with friends are NBG and pubby groups are greedy.
Planar Protector

Can I have your stuff?
Fire Giant

He means a mirror of HIS classic EQ experience. None of your rules applied to all servers. Definitely not the ones I played on.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can I have your stuff?
Beat me to it
Sarnak

You're right, but -

1) They don't want to allow it, but can't figure out a way to block it yet.
2) They'd inforce most camps in classic, but they had GMs doing it. same with 3) and 4)... they just don't have the man power.
5) Sure they could start recruiting guides.... but they'd need to be heavily vetted... see a pattern here?

This server is as close to classic you can get with volunteers (who have lives) running the server.

lvl 37 Troll Shaman OF JUSTICE
Aviak

all i can agree on is the Account trading...

Camping was completely normal on live EQ, in fact, it was so bad on Live EQ people would camp and log in right on the timer, atleast P1999 implemented a "spawn window" to prevent that shit...

Majority of groups ALWAYS do NBG, and at worst, would just /ran 100 for an item.. You either picked awful groups, or you didn't speak up that you needed.

Raid cycles were attempted and they don't work too well. It wasn't even implemented on Live servers till 2003, so technically thats "not classic"

if you want my opinion, i think this is TOO similar to Classic.. sometimes i kinda wished they were a little lenient on luclin options if someone wanted, or Guild tags UNDER the names, but i digress. Either way man, no hard feelings, just saying what i believe.
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to TheLieka

Focus your angst productively; learn to code.

EQEmu
[Founder] Daxum (ServerOp) <Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek (VZTZ) Emu Server> - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
[Developer] TheLieka (Code Monkey) <EQEmulator.net>
Vallon Zek
[60 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf) <Torrent>, <Silent Souls>, <Vexare>, <Macabre>
Project 1999 (Blue)
[50 Enchanter] Stiles (Dark Elf)
Closed Thread