Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

Default Sharing is Caring: Dragon Sharing Thought...

*disclaimer*
This might be stupid, already asked, not possible, whatever.

Historically the ideas I have always seen for sharing raid targets has either been server rotation or remove variance.

TMO gets flack for getting all the targets and are accused at farming mobs they allegedly do not need.

TMO counters with statements such as new members needing things or other comments with the subtext of wanting to block other guilds (FE etc) from 'catching' up.

Well how about a more simple less extreme version of rotation/sharing called "TMO Cares" where once a week TMO makes a random target 'Available' for others for a given time period.

AKA
Thread Title: "This week's TMO Cares: Cazic Thule"
Thread Content: "Cazic is set to respawn on Tuesday +- 48 hrs. TMO will wait (30 mins? 1 hr?) to engage upon spawn on CT this week. "

If other guilds want to track they can, if nobody bothers tracking it is not TMO's job to let them know he spawns. They just see him pop, start a timer and move on him after that timer elapses.

I think the patch days show that other guilds have the ability to mobilize on short notice, the major difference is that TMO can mobilize quicker, buff quicker, engage quicker. Something like this would let the other guilds have a guaranteed shot at a target (once a week?) and if they want to put their money where their mouth is they are more than welcome to rotate among themselves like they always say they want to.

Hell, you guys could even claim loot rights for shit like trak teeth for all I care (if it is a concern?) since I doubt any of the other (non ib/fe?) guilds have plans to actually get a force into VP any time pre velious.
Last edited by xCry0x; 07-16-2013 at 11:55 AM..
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

TMO had the endangered dragon program and a bunch of trolls spit on their face
Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe send a PM to TMO officers to get them in here? And fortify your defenses, the trolls are rallying for the assault.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

Too many people got mad at the thought of being handed something.

Personally, I'm going to start a guild here and get mad when a guild that has been top seat for years on a Kunark timeline gets more raid kills than me. I'll also be sure to chronicle every victory in RNF and incite them to focusing their efforts on monitoring and beating us.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too many people got mad at the thought of being handed something.

Personally, I'm going to start a guild here and get mad when a guild that has been top seat for years on a Kunark timeline gets more raid kills than me. I'll also be sure to chronicle every victory in RNF and incite them to focusing their efforts on monitoring and beating us.
Lol
Old 07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all honesty I only could see this working in a world where there is TMO #1, and then a void of #2.

I do not know if IB/FE (whatever they are doing) is competing for FTE but in the absence of a FE competing force it seems the other guilds are all in the same boat (divinity, taken, full circle, BDA, rapture, a-team, etc) of not wanting to camp raid forces but at the same time being able to mobilize and move given a reasonable window.

If IB/FE is competing for FTE, then yea this wont work because there is no real way to handle who (tmo or fe/ib) gets the mob should the other guilds fail to engage soon enough.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Sarnak

I don't feel TMO, or any guild for that matter, is the problem. People come and go from this server. As a TMO member retires, a possibly crucial position opens in the guild. This position may be filled by someone with much lesser gear than those at the top. TMO gears them to be prepared to end-game raid.

The server has been a bit stagnant. Even the most elite TMO players I imagine are feeling worn-out. People come and go. TMO is an end-game raid guild that requires end-game raid geared players.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Sarnak

Last time TMO did this, everyone hated on them/trolled them for it, and BDA got almost all of them. Both of these things made TMO not want to do it anymore, and they stopped. I for one had fun killing them and at least appreciated the attempt
Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

I wasn't here last time this happened so I don't know any of the details as to why it backfired so bad so I am not going to sit and make assumptions, it just seems like now could be an opportunity to put something like this in place again.