Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
But that being said, here's the real problem: what are you doing hunting Grachnist in the first place? As a Shaman you really don't need gear yet (other than the random drops you pick up while XPing).
Wow. Here it is, people. The real problem. It's someone trying to advance their character at an appropriate-level camp.

What a ridiculous statement.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Follow up question based on your 2cp. Why would a level 60 from a well established raid guild need to act like a jerk over the spawn then? If it should be considered a waste of time for a 35 shaman to try to make money off the spawn, then it shouldn't even be considered at all by a level 60 who raids regularly. Right?
Well, the level 60's can clear the whole camp, so it's a better camp for them. Also, some classes can't solo dungeons like Shaman can, so they're stuck with crappier outdoor spawns.

But generally speaking there probably are better ways those people could be earning plat, and certainly there are better ways than bothering some poor level 35.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Follow up question based on your 2cp. Why would a level 60 from a well established raid guild need to act like a jerk over the spawn then? If it should be considered a waste of time for a 35 shaman to try to make money off the spawn, then it shouldn't even be considered at all by a level 60 who raids regularly. Right?
haha cus that level 60 sux.. if youre level 60 and your fighting over 2k-4k scraps.. you're casual scum.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormlight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow. Here it is, people. The real problem. It's someone trying to advance their character at an appropriate-level camp.

What a ridiculous statement.
I didn't mean it like "those people are assholes but this guy's the real problem". I just meant that the "real problem", in a sense, was the fixation lower levels tend to have on getting plat (I had it too, not judging). The truth is, for many classes (certainly shaman) it's almost always better for lower levels to work on XP rather than suffering the misery of plat camps like this. I'm NOT saying the OP shouldn't have been there, I'm just saying they could have avoided the whole situation entirely, leveled up at any of the millions of places a Shaman can go, and then in a few levels gotten plat easier elsewhere. That's all.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't mean it like "those people are assholes but this guy's the real problem". I just meant that the "real problem", in a sense, was the fixation lower levels tend to have on getting plat (I had it too, not judging). The truth is, for many classes (certainly shaman) it's almost always better for lower levels to work on XP rather than suffering the misery of plat camps like this. I'm NOT saying the OP shouldn't have been there, I'm just saying they could have avoided the whole situation entirely, leveled up at any of the millions of places a Shaman can go, and then in a few levels gotten plat easier elsewhere. That's all.
maybe he likes to adventure.

some people play this game for adventure guys. come on let them have an adventure.

were all just playin D&D here in our latent nerdy boddies while our SO's sleep in the other room and we can turn off the lights and become INDIANA JONES!

pnp, respek, love & happiness .
Old 08-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe he likes to adventure.

some people play this game for adventure guys. come on let them have an adventure.
Totally. As I said, OP had every right to be there, and the people who came along were assholes. We're on the same page there.

But that's talking about right and wrong. What I'm saying is, in a practical sense, if OP's goal is to get more powerful and not just to explore (although honestly you can explore better at higher levels also) then he's going to get more bang for his buck at an XP camp.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Topic is kinda drifting from OP but I don't sit around on my 60s farming plat unless I also need exp. I level new toons WITH AN EYE TOWARDS EARNING MONEY -- that is how I fund my toons. I play my characters to meet people who are skilled, or have the potential to be skilled (I love teaching people how to play well) and of a like mind as myself. Yes I have a fungi, yes I tip well for ports, yes I expect my fair share of goblin ears/CB belts/FS weapons/whatever. Raiding does not make PP for an individual, it actually costs quite a bit.

Not only that.. But I could use 3 or 4 of those goblin earrings.

If I find the goblin on track, and I run up and don't see someone working to engage him, I'm not going to shout asking if anyone is looking for him -- the answer is always yes even if someone is half the zone away. I'm going to kill him. One perspective will be "Well this one guy was killing all the PHs trying to get him" mine is, I walked up, there was no one around, no one sent me a tell about it on engage, my merb.

All about perspective.

I farmed pegi cloaks for myself and, when someone knew I was farming him, they would sometimes tell me where it was. Beleive it or not, it is usually the low levels who snipe it and that is fine -- kinda an asshole move, but meh. These level 60 bards who are farming them for cash, they would bring it TO ME so I could kill it. That is how we build respect. I go far out of my way to help those kind of people and the level 30 who kills it and gets a cloak, that's rough for me but no hard feelings.
Last edited by lecompte; 08-28-2014 at 03:48 PM..
Old 08-28-2014, 04:07 PM
Kobold

This server can be summed up as
"put in more work to be better than me, or get out of my way"

The word work can be loosely translated to , play moar video games
Old 08-28-2014, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server can be summed up as
"put in more work to be better than me, or get out of my way"

The word work can be loosely translated to , play moar video games
Welcome to DnD. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Kobold

When the server is saturated in level 60's.......

or level 20's in level 60 gear lol.

You're gunna have a bad time.
Closed Thread