Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which changes would you like to see?
Xasten-style Bag Limit 69 25.84%
Sloan-style Delays 119 44.57%
No Poopsocking 117 43.82%
Petition for repops 93 34.83%
Petition for variance reduction 95 35.58%
Bush knocked down the towers/Loraen is my hero/I always check the 'retard' option on polls 37 13.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissdu64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's the 'no rules' rule?
rofl typical TMO
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Overall, the passed two days have been great. But to give TMO credit (and a warning), we'll see how all this pans out over the course of the next two months.
You know and I know SOME Guild is going to step up and take TMO's place. There was ALWAYS some top guild on every server on live. The hard core players will be hard core.

Half of the old TMO guys will be called XYZ Guild and go for the throat again like a pitbull.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:29 PM
Kobold

sloan delays + reduce variance
Old 12-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Kobold

de·cen·cy
noun
1. behavior that conforms to accepted standards of morality or respectability.
"she had the decency to come and confess"

What is the behavior on this server that is the acceptable standard? Once we find out what that is then i reckon we shall have an answer whether or not we will have any possible enjoyable raid scene.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Server enforced sharing is nothing like live would hate it to the point of I would not play anymore. Besides no GM wants to be able to code something that everyone will think is fair.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Too much whining and crying, time for a server split. All you carebears can go into carebear-land and then you'll probably whine when you get out-carebear'd. You get out what you put in. Try harder or settle, its really your choice.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysprung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too much whining and crying, time for a server split. All you carebears can go into carebear-land and then you'll probably whine when you get out-carebear'd. You get out what you put in. Try harder or settle, its really your choice.
Well spoken. But you have to admit TMO has had crap sewed up for a LONG time. Too long.
Last edited by webrunner5; 12-23-2013 at 05:04 PM..
Old 12-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't select 'no poopsocking' because I believe that you're addressing something that has a 'boundary' and you'd just be pushing the boundary back. If you can't log toons out at spawn point, then people will just log toons out at whatever boundary you propose.

This could be negative to casuals in the sense that now you've got people training (maybe not intentionally) to get to where you are. Also, where is that boundary going to be? How far do you extend a 'poopsock' radius? Am I safe @ Juggs for Trak? I'd hate to be killing juggs and teleported out because i'm 'too close'.

IMO the only way to prevent poopsocking is for everyone to have a chance at the mob. Simultaneous repops + time-delayed engagement rules would be great. However, I don't think that making it only for the next spawn would do anything than allow the major spawns to be toggled on and off by the top two guilds.

I'd propose a decay function of time-delay - simple really like 2/n - where n is the number of spawns since last taken down by your group. Hardcode the values so it's not too fine grained but:

So, you kill Trak.

Next spawn: wait 2 hours
Next spawn: wait 1 hour
Next spawn: wait 45 minutes
Next spawn: wait 30 minutes
Next spawn: wait 15 minutes
Next spawn: No restriction

With this methodology there would be 5 guilds 'in-line' for the kill. The time restrictions are such that it would be extremely feasible for guilds to 'lose out' their spot (competition, hooray) because they wiped, or they were slow to mobilize. However, they'd still sit at a low delay and the guild that mobilized more quickly would be bumped back to 2 hours.

This also virtually guarantees that no guild can lock down all the targets. If you're at 2 hours, even 1 hour, your chances of the other 3 waiting guilds (who have proven to be able to get the target previously) and the other un-restircted guilds not downing the mob are pretty slim.

This would still apply pressure to be able to mobilize quickly and down the target in a clean manner, and enforces a kind of 'turn-based' system.

I'd be happy to help implement it as well. I have played on this server for several years now with no real intent on raiding because of how FUBAR'ed it is. Let's hope something good can come of this.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daysprung [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you mean people that enjoy tracksocking for 48+ hours so that they can get FTE on a 45 second fight can have their own server?

k.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:24 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well spoken. But you have to admit TMO has had crap sewed up for a LONG time. Too long.
I don't blame TMO though, content has been stagnant for 3 years, what else is going to happen unless people just quit?
Closed Thread