Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which raid changes would you like to see?
Simultaneous Repops 137 64.93%
No trains in Veeshan's Peak 108 51.18%
Antipoopsocking code 100 47.39%
Server reset chance proportional to population 82 38.86%
Reset all named as well 49 23.22%
Change Nagafen/Vox banishment to L56+ 35 16.59%
Anti-leapfrogging policy in Fear 70 33.18%
Loraen knocked down the two towers 38 18.01%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Well, I think 95% of the stuff I proposed is extremely classic. The antipoopsocking code is not, and is tailored to the specific situation we have here at 1999 with twelve accounts per person.

In the end I think it's very difficult to predict what would actually happen. These are just some reasonable ideas to try; if something happens then give the players a few months to adjust and see what happens.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Not classic.
GM/Server management have repeatedly stated they will not "manage" raid content.
They are very interested in seeing the player base change the raid situation on thier own.
Agdros - 52 Warrior
Saulty - 52 Bard
Gewie - 32 Rogue (new)
TMO
Old 08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

some shortsighted suggestions. leap frogging happens in a lot of zones. zones like plane of hate for example. in fact it is a much bigger problem in almost every zone but pofear.

camping out at mobs isn't poopsocking but people will try to describe things that don't benefit them negatively all the time. with that said it wouldn't be bad if there was some way to stop it but i'm sure whatever solution you had in mind would be quickly circumvented. trackers will just cycle logins and eventually it'll turn into a 2 hour sock when the port trigger happens. even porting out the entire zone would mess with everyone doing stuff other than trakanon, though it would make for better fun.

nagafen and lady vox can already be stalled indefinitely by a single group of 52 players. not really sure why you would want to raise the level requirement

idol stalls happen because FTE is the master decider. tmo has lost mobs to single FE players because of the mistaken belief that them not having an actual raid nulled their engagement. until you come up with a better and ~equally objective way of awarding loot that won't change.

its my belief that velious will fix a lot of these problems just by the sheer increase in difficulty, aside from certain mobs eg Zlandicar.
Last edited by xarzzardorn; 08-07-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 03:22 PM
Sarnak

loraen I wish you were on the dev team here :P

I like Etsu's idea too about essentially eliminating windows altogether -- this would really make camping armies out on top of spawns near the end of their windows / in extended windows useless, meaning even guilds like TMO would have to limit their alt army camping to high priority mobs as opposed to whatever is currently in window. I actually think I've seen jeremy propose this or something very similar to it in the past.
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 08-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by agdros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic.
GM/Server management have repeatedly stated they will not "manage" raid content.
They are very interested in seeing the player base change the raid situation on thier own.
Neither is the current setup of variance/extended windows etc -- so that's kind of a silly argument. And frequent patch day repops WERE classic, so ditto.

No one is asking them to "manage" raid content more than they already are -- loraen didn't have a box up above saying "GM managed-rotation" -- the server staff already manage raid content via variance/extended windows, etc. These are some possible alternatives that would probably make the raiding scene more fun for everyone / less ridiculous overall. And they're mostly predicated on keeping GM enforcement to a minimum.
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer
Old 08-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Move TMO to the red server
Yes please.

Red99
Old 08-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Aviak

I agree that variance/extended windows is not classic.
I have no issue with simulated patch days, or random server reboots. That is definately classic.
Agdros - 52 Warrior
Saulty - 52 Bard
Gewie - 32 Rogue (new)
TMO
Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Wait, why aren't we considering transferring TMO to red as a serious option? Would do wonders for both servers, and give TMO the competition they say they crave.

I think we're really onto something here!

Red99
Old 08-07-2013, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Appreciate the constructive post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarzzardorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in fact leapfrogging is a much bigger problem in almost every zone but pofear.
Well as I have stated before I think EQ is just not designed to deal with two raid forces in the same zone. It's always going to about training stuff away and there isn't a lot that can be done about this other without substantial changes to game mechanics. However, I think the issue is particularly severe in the Plane of Fear because of the way Cazic summons the zone. I remember when I was in VD we had like 10 zone desyncs in a row when zerging him with 75 players and 100+ mobs being summoned and that Botnet trying to hunt him down when he was at 5% or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarzzardorn
even porting out the entire zone
this is basically what I am proposing. The server goes down, so everyone has to camp out, and when they log back in . . . things have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarzzardorn
its my belief that velious will fix a lot of these problems just by the sheer increase in difficulty, aside from certain mobs eg Zlandicar.
I just don't see EQ raiding as difficult when you can always zerg stuff. If you can't handle the Avatar of War with 24, bring 50. Or 100. Or 200. I'm sure the server will have some 500-1000 raiders when everyone comes back for Velious.

P.S. I finally figured out Propo Fol thanks to your avatar. It's a cute name!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 08-07-2013 at 03:58 PM..
Old 08-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Kobold

While some of these ideas seem to have some validity, I don't see a lot of them being viable for the server.

Simultaneous Repops: +1

Forbidding training in Veeshan's Peak: Training is stupid. anywhere.

Antipoopsocking code: Too complicated honestly.

Reset All Named: I don't really see a valid point here. Every rare spawn will eventually show up if you camp it for a little while. You would in essence be changing the definition of a rare spawn.

Antileapfrogging policy in Fear: I dunno if a +1minute code is viable. Honestly, if you've cleared most of the zone -- it should be yours unless you wipe ( or you're taking too long to engage the boss). There's just TOO MUCH GREED on this server.

Change Nagafen and Vox to banish L56+: Lvl 52 was a good cap for this because of the Lvl Nagafen and Vox themselves were. If you increased this to 56 -- even fewer people would be required to kill them, and that would enable faster kills.. which in turn would decrease the chances you had in getting a kill ( which I think is what you were going for )
Closed Thread