Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Kobold

The GM's ( only really going off Sirken's statements ) apparently have the mindset that if the rest of the server's guilds want to get bosses, then they need to do something about it.

This has become more and more out of reach for anyone that doesn't have anything better to do but play P99.

The raid scene now ( and please don't deny this ) is as follows:

Is log out your lvl 60 char at whatever boss you would like to kill, albeit Trak, Sev, VS, whatever. Leave a monk, or something FD near the spawn, and alternate poopsocking the living shit out of it with whoever has the time in guild.

Whenever XXbossmobX spawns, batphone and omfgbbq log in / kill monstar.

Now, the longer the variance, the longer someone has to sit there, completely braindead... waiting for the stupid boss to spawn. Everyone else has one of their characters locked for up to a week, sitting at some stupid ass dragon.

Overall I think the GM's views on what the server's average population is capable of committing to this game is very warped. I don't know why someone assumes that if we're not playing P99, we're simply twiddling our thumbs in another room , waiting for the batphone to ring. Ever heard of a Job/Family/Life ?

--
Rotation:
--

A rotation will NEVER happen under our current rule set and variance. There is simply no direct competition for anything.

You might get 2, possibly 3 guilds competing directly for a boss/dragon if even that. If you had 4-5 guilds all ready to go, and there was a good chance ANY of those 5 could grab FTE -- guilds might be more apt to working out some sort of rotation.

Of course we've all seen how shitty people can act towards one another when there's direct competition. Trains, bs rule lawyering, why did the GM rule this way one time and differently the next, and so on...

Nobody wants to police the guilds on this server, so variance is the best band aid for the job.

It's been two years, and a large majority of bosses on this server are killed by 1 guild.

--
Suggestion:
--

A great part of EQ , was the endgame. It's obvious there's a high population of people on the server who would like to, or are trying to experience the endgame. However, due to the huge time requirement, it's just not viable.

Referring to the pole ( when was your first EQ experience ) - a large majority of the server played EQ back in classic / Kunark. That puts most of us in our late 20's 30's, and older. I for example, do not have the time I did back when I was 17, skipping homework to play this game.

Kunark has been out for the better part of 2 years, and the majority of the server is still contesting ( or wishing they could contest ) Trak, Sev, Inny, CT, VS, ... hell, even Naggy/Vox are still being killed immediately by alt armies.

There's literally only TWO guilds that even attempt to kill dragons in VP, after 2 years.

My point behind all of this, is Kunark has been out forever. People are still clamoring to kill every boss in the game. Maybe there isn't enough to go around ?

Why, other then the "it's not classic" argument, would it be a bad idea to have MORE spawns? More chances for the rest of the server to kill what they want, and maybe the people who have been killing the bosses continually for the last 2 years will gear out their 7th alt and leave something for the rest of us.

It's not classic, no, but neither is a week long variance.

--
DDOS, Rare items, RMT:
--

We've been getting ddos'd for the last week, and rumor has it someone is trying to dupe items through the server lag. If that's true or not, it's obvious someone is seriously fucking unhappy. If they are trying to dupe 'rare' items, putting these items in more hands, would decrease their value, and possibly make them less valuable to dupe.

If RMT is a bad thing, and you'd actually like to see it fade away. Decrease the value of these things people are duping/selling. The economy is obviously not flooded if AoN's can still be sold for upwards of 500k, an item that literally does nothing but turn you into a fucking skeleton.

Who would buy platinum if they could actually play the game and acquire items ?? Crazy, I know.

--
tl:dr
--
raid scene is crap, it's been 2 years and everything is still monopolized
spawn more overlords so that people can enjoy the server, may even help with our rmt/ddos situation.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who would buy platinum if they could actually play the game and acquire items ?? Crazy, I know.
damn good point
Old 07-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
--
--

spawn more overlords
i also support aons for the people. lol.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The GM's ( only really going off Sirken's statements ) apparently have the mindset that if the rest of the server's guilds want to get bosses, then they need to do something about it.

This has become more and more out of reach for anyone that doesn't have anything better to do but play P99.

The raid scene now ( and please don't deny this ) is as follows:

Is log out your lvl 60 char at whatever boss you would like to kill, albeit Trak, Sev, VS, whatever. Leave a monk, or something FD near the spawn, and alternate poopsocking the living shit out of it with whoever has the time in guild.

Whenever XXbossmobX spawns, batphone and omfgbbq log in / kill monstar.

Now, the longer the variance, the longer someone has to sit there, completely braindead... waiting for the stupid boss to spawn. Everyone else has one of their characters locked for up to a week, sitting at some stupid ass dragon.

Overall I think the GM's views on what the server's average population is capable of committing to this game is very warped. I don't know why someone assumes that if we're not playing P99, we're simply twiddling our thumbs in another room , waiting for the batphone to ring. Ever heard of a Job/Family/Life ?

--
Rotation:
--

A rotation will NEVER happen under our current rule set and variance. There is simply no direct competition for anything.

You might get 2, possibly 3 guilds competing directly for a boss/dragon if even that. If you had 4-5 guilds all ready to go, and there was a good chance ANY of those 5 could grab FTE -- guilds might be more apt to working out some sort of rotation.

Of course we've all seen how shitty people can act towards one another when there's direct competition. Trains, bs rule lawyering, why did the GM rule this way one time and differently the next, and so on...

Nobody wants to police the guilds on this server, so variance is the best band aid for the job.

It's been two years, and a large majority of bosses on this server are killed by 1 guild.

--
Suggestion:
--

A great part of EQ , was the endgame. It's obvious there's a high population of people on the server who would like to, or are trying to experience the endgame. However, due to the huge time requirement, it's just not viable.

Referring to the pole ( when was your first EQ experience ) - a large majority of the server played EQ back in classic / Kunark. That puts most of us in our late 20's 30's, and older. I for example, do not have the time I did back when I was 17, skipping homework to play this game.

Kunark has been out for the better part of 2 years, and the majority of the server is still contesting ( or wishing they could contest ) Trak, Sev, Inny, CT, VS, ... hell, even Naggy/Vox are still being killed immediately by alt armies.

There's literally only TWO guilds that even attempt to kill dragons in VP, after 2 years.

My point behind all of this, is Kunark has been out forever. People are still clamoring to kill every boss in the game. Maybe there isn't enough to go around ?

Why, other then the "it's not classic" argument, would it be a bad idea to have MORE spawns? More chances for the rest of the server to kill what they want, and maybe the people who have been killing the bosses continually for the last 2 years will gear out their 7th alt and leave something for the rest of us.

It's not classic, no, but neither is a week long variance.

--
DDOS, Rare items, RMT:
--

We've been getting ddos'd for the last week, and rumor has it someone is trying to dupe items through the server lag. If that's true or not, it's obvious someone is seriously fucking unhappy. If they are trying to dupe 'rare' items, putting these items in more hands, would decrease their value, and possibly make them less valuable to dupe.

If RMT is a bad thing, and you'd actually like to see it fade away. Decrease the value of these things people are duping/selling. The economy is obviously not flooded if AoN's can still be sold for upwards of 500k, an item that literally does nothing but turn you into a fucking skeleton.

--
--
raid scene is crap, it's been 2 years and everything is still monopolized
spawn more overlords so that people can enjoy the server, may even help with our rmt/ddos situation.
Stop making so much sense and let GM's believe their server is classic and they do not need to reset it...Oh and TMO is a great guild /sarcasm
Old 07-30-2013, 09:42 PM
Banned

yap
Old 08-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Kobold

I'm still hoping for the maintenance day repop patch. Sure it's a cluster-F when a repop happens right now, cause it's so incredibly rare that most guilds are extremely unorganized about it. If it were happening on a weekly basis, that would change pretty damn fast.

I would prefer see it in materialize in true classic form where even the time is known (or a small window of time for when the servers came back up). It would be completely impossible to monopolize spawns on a repop if the whole sever knows when it's going to happen ahead of time. Suddenly everyone in your guild having eight level 60 accounts pre-buffed and logged at various spawn points isn't such a huge advantage.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Skeleton

Lightbulb

I'm only new, not in a big guild (heck I mostly solo and haven't even gotten out of level 20 diapers yet!) and while I did play back in 1999 (on firiona vie and sullon zek) I never got in with the major theorycrafters so I guess my opinion might not hold much weight here....

But I always thought of it this way.

Why not make the appearance of heavy hitting raid mobs be a challenge rather than a timed surety?

Now this is from someone who has mostly played on RP servers, so perhaps I'm a bit biased; but I've always thought it would be amazing if raid fights were the result of a series of co-operative events.

For example: To cause venril sathir to appear you would have to 'gather the shards of his phylactery' which could gained by extremely difficult quests in which you have to 1) kill regularly spawning 'uber mobs' that might take something like two groups of level 60 folks to kill 2) gather fragments through foraging (requires something like 20) then have them put together by a special forging process which requires a particular item that only blacksmiths can create and combine 3) cook 20 of a special recipe that had varied ingredients and which would only be sold (and cookable) by a master chef, then given to a quest NPC who would trade you the food items for the phylactery shard (which he had been using as an earring or something)..etc etc... Finally all the shards having to be brought together by a master jewelcrafter with a combine that they would have a 1% chance of actually failing. then giving the finished phylactery to a summoner NPC or something

You get where I'm going here. Something that would involve everyone, allow everyone an opportunity to fight the fella, make it DIFFICULT but not IMPOSSIBLE for small and casual guilds to fight someone like VS while still allowing HUGE guilds to fight the guy without FARMING him. Eliminates poopsocking because all of the parts dont have major respawn timers, and even the megamobs needed for individual parts wouldn't drop ANYTHING but a few copper and the piece. (which is lore etc)

Mind you: the guild could FAIL to defeat the enemy, in which case the rules of courtesy would apply about other guilds not sniping their summon, plus he'd be on a 24 hour despawn timer.

Other than having to code a few npcs and come up with a bit of lore, I don't see why this would be a bad thing? I know it's not 'pure classic' but 'pure classic' had huge problems, why not fix with verant/soe couldn't be arsed to fix in the first place?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not so much if you aren't sitting around on it's spawn point waiting for it.

Hiyyyoooo
but but but what if someone doesn't get pixels on one raid?
Old 08-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

They actually have a macro that when a mob spawns or an emote goes off it sends out a message in guild chat then connects online to send peoples cell phone a text about a mob. Kinda insane but it happened on Vulak Aerr for months and months and im sure Fippy had even more of it going on , basically any EQ server without instanced zones will be that way so eh just better to get used to it or move on and flame elsewhere.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not so much if you aren't sitting around on it's spawn point waiting for it.

Hiyyyoooo
Ayooo
Closed Thread