Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Planar Protector

Don't forget the strokes and heart attacks! Thats how you know you're winning.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbaby Jesus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play on a recliner with monster energy drinks and buckets of kfc. The grease running down my neck and chest makes me feel alive.
I read this and felt like a deer hit by a BMW. The fantasy experience is ruined [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-28-2015, 04:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
denial of pixels attack (git DDoP'd)
.... I love you lol
Old 04-29-2015, 08:02 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithlessKR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right I did, the difference is that Velious on the horizon and that having a stable 60+ players who can log on for raids is not only desirable but necessary. If you're in a guild that is only going to start trying to get the numbers to do velious mobs after velious launches then you've already lost.

That being said I can remember several occasions in my time with Azrael where we would combine forces to battle Nihilum's 50-60 with 50-60 of our own, and those were the best times to play (aside from a few of the aon battles).
First guild to kill fourth warder did it with 35. First guild to kill AoW did it with 49. This was on substantially weaker hardware, networks, etc. You play with about half the ping and 100x the memory capacity they did. If you really need twice as many people it's kind of sad. Lets not mention you have every mobs strategy spelled out for you, detailed buff and debuff information, in-depth knowledge and guides for every class...the list really goes on.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Lets not mention several velious fights are actually harder with more people....mana drain anyone?
Last edited by Tickle-me-tiggle; 04-29-2015 at 08:06 AM..
Old 04-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickle-me-tiggle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First guild to kill fourth warder did it with 35. First guild to kill AoW did it with 49. This was on substantially weaker hardware, networks, etc. You play with about half the ping and 100x the memory capacity they did. If you really need twice as many people it's kind of sad. Lets not mention you have every mobs strategy spelled out for you, detailed buff and debuff information, in-depth knowledge and guides for every class...the list really goes on.
I'd like to see the prof of first guild killing AoW with 49, because that's just an outright lie. AoW has such high ac and regen that with 49 people even wearing bis kunark gear, your clerics are probably going to go oom before that mob even hits 70%. On the Zek servers I don't think AoW was even killed before Luclin was released, it just wasn't feasible. Same thing with Tunare and Vulak.

As for the mana drains being bad for zergs??? Lol please....every single one of the mana drain aoe's is easily line of sighted.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Orc

Hey i dont understand the concept you put in work/time you get results i was wondering if i can have stuff? I want what other people have i just dont want to committ. What do you think?
Old 04-29-2015, 10:50 AM
Orc

I voted for obama
Old 04-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithlessKR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to see the prof of first guild killing AoW with 49, because that's just an outright lie. AoW has such high ac and regen that with 49 people even wearing bis kunark gear, your clerics are probably going to go oom before that mob even hits 70%. On the Zek servers I don't think AoW was even killed before Luclin was released, it just wasn't feasible. Same thing with Tunare and Vulak.

As for the mana drains being bad for zergs??? Lol please....every single one of the mana drain aoe's is easily line of sighted.

The FoH information is gone, I don't know exactly why but a lot of the original site is gone. I remember the main page update with crystal clarity however. My guild was third server-wide to kill AoW when most servers didn't until after SoL was out. They had been trying with 60+ people for weeks and finally on an off night gave it a shot and altered the CH rot from 3 sec to 2 sec and brought out of guild healers. There were 49 total people present, 12 of which were clerics. They also altered the groups, it was a strict 4 cleric 2 bard setup in 3 groups. The first tank up never died. It was a pretty big deal back when it happened as people had tried zerging it with 200+ and failed. Also it was all we talked about for weeks and possibly even months after.

There is no 'prof' anymore, the site was deleted. I think at the very best they have later FoH information (eq2 and such) archived.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

rerolled.org is their new site, I'm sure some one is around from the original time, you're free to ask them yourself.
Closed Thread