Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 12-23-2020, 11:00 PM
Banned

Haha ranger using trueshot with a bow of destroyer 10/17 + earth shaker(70 delay) sounds super fun.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can exceed level damage caps on sub 20 or sub 30 characters it would be pretty powerful.
The damage bonus is still level capped.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Sustained 82 Damage Per Second on Trakanon. Seems like good output for an Troll Warrior.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twainz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sustained 82 Damage Per Second on Trakanon. Seems like good output for an Troll Warrior.
You should hit up Dpswarrior for some tips. He used to top the Apex charts with standard warrior melee. 82dps on Trakanon is honestly really bad.

For context, my last three Trakanon parses with a budget rogue were 152, 141, and 164dps. 82 is notably less than my dps without backstab even. Short duration + low ac = high dps.

I realize you're just being scummy and trying to push your agenda, but your lack of min/max offends me.
Old 12-24-2020, 05:49 PM
Banned

bump this needs to be fixed please nilbog brother
Old 12-25-2020, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baugi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The damage bonus is still level capped.
Thank you for that.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Weighted Axe + Bow probably means you're going THREE slots with NO STATS. Just MR debuff and most of your problems will be solved.

Primary - weighted axe (no stats)
Secondary - empty (no stats)
Ranged - Most peoples bows (no stats)

Arrows are finite. In a large pvp battle, you'll run out of arrows in a couple of minutes. The problem all these <Apex> people are complaining about solves itself in a couple of minutes. Think about that.

This has made the barrier to entry into endgame pvp much easier, allowing new player to participate without requiring multiple years of uncontested ToV gear farming and a legacy character to compete.

Changing this heavily favors <Apex> and nobody else. (the people who've made multiple threads on it) They mostly just log in for raids, and have never accepted or pushed for rules changes that don't directly benefit themselves.

A great example of this is how they pulled out of RED UN. They like when others get punished but when they start screwing up training peoples raids, they refuse to cooperate or take responsibility. The toxic people you hear about on Blue. It's <Apex>
Old 12-26-2020, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

First I’ve seen defense of broken mechanic. Stack the arrows deep on bodies if you run 6 bags of arrows they last a while

6x10x20 that’s 1200 arrows that’s 120,000 damage dealt with no misses. Not bad
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First I’ve seen defense of broken mechanic. Stack the arrows deep on bodies if you run 6 bags of arrows they last a while

6x10x20 that’s 1200 arrows that’s 120,000 damage dealt with no misses. Not bad
I suppose if you don't run a bag full of resist gear to swap on, bank all your keys, run no cure potions, calimony potions, golem wands, pumice, gate pots, reagents for spells, weapons, clickies, gear for various occasions, and no quiver. There's really not that much room for most people.

You're talking 6 bags no pumice status. Get real.
Old 12-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

2 bags is 40,000 damage not accounting for misses. You can do this all day long with no mana and your guildies can carry extra stacks of arrows or even fletching supplies for you. I think the mechanic sounds like great fun. I wish it didn't favor big races only because this dumb game favors them at every possible turn from Slam to Throwing boulders and now broken bow and arrow mechanic.

There is no possible argument to leave this in the game since it is fully unclassic and not intended, but I do think it sounds awesome.

QUESTION: For Weak ass Paladins and SK's with this broken mechanic are they putting down as much arrow damage as Warriors and Rogues using same techniques? I don't know how archery works here, does the 75 skill cap impact misses? Like a warrior misses less than a paladin or does it effect damage, therefore warriors and rogues have no advantage in bow and arrow right now?
Lost but not forgotten.