Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Would there be more pvp, players or incentive to play with a leaderboard?
1. no 23 40.35%
2. yes 34 59.65%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

And i thought we were going to talk basketball. Me being a BAR in RL i can grab a few.
Soulez Taken SK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm View Post
Not only best thread ever, but best poster ever. Going back and reading each one of this guy's 101 posts has been amazing. Its like someone gave a down syndrome child a handle of vodka and a keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
Where did my underwear go?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
think there would definitly be more pvp going on with leaderboards.. but that it wouldnt be good for population in the long run because ppl would get slewn too often when trying to level, backstabbed, try and farm alts/friends for pvp points, etc.

it would be fun to have a leaderboard but if you slay newbs all the time, ppl will see the yellow/hear the word anyway. just think leaderboard puts too much pressure on ppl, especially if they see themselves at the bottom of the list and just get killed all day in solb they wont want to log in. on vztz if you saw newbs leveling you'd generally leave them alone.. but if there were a leaderboard there'd be a reason to go over there and kill them anyway. and this would be what everyone did all day when they were bored
Newbs being people in your 7 level range? I think of newbs as people who are low level. You could not kill those "newbs" on vztz unless they were in a raid zone. I know you know that, I just don't want anyone else to get confused. There are ways to organize the leaderboard that would make you lose points for killing "newbs", just like it was on SZ. If you were level 60, killing a level 39 would make you lose points. Greens grief reds in this respect knowing that killing them only 1 time is a loss of points. A green bind rushing a red could destroy any points the red had. This was a tactic that many greens used to grief reds and gain zone control, yet i never hear anyone talking about that, only that reds grief greens.

Again, if you do not have extensive experience with a well thought out EQ pvp board, you might tell off on yourself and let everyone know that you havn't thought it out very much. I lived it. I know what it's like from experience, and it's rare for anyone to talk about SZ's leaderboard or server in any form of credibility. People assume, yet have no idea.

People who try and farm newbs lose points, people who find friends who don't care that they lose points for dieing, will always be found out just like fastinyoh on SZ and Prime on VZTZ.

I understand some people don't really like to pvp, they only want to play on a pvp server to say they played a tough server without any of the challenge. They only want to pvp when they are ready. PvP servers in general are not for these folks. They just just duel on a blue server if that's what they want.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Macken, you might have "won" SZ, but your question is flawed as fuck. L2takeafuckingpracticalstatsapplicationclass.

Create more PvP? Yes, for some. Others dont need rewards to go kill folks. If you need a carrot on a stick to go kill people, then... meh. Whatever.

Incentive for pvp? Meh, again, for some people. Most people from VZ/TZ dont need leaderboards to pvp, most of my friends dont need them. And they are not needed to know who the better players are. But some, again, need that reward to fulfill the whole intent of the server. Personally, I dont need a leaderboard to kill people.

Would be a neat gadget tho, nothing more.
I understand you didn't fair well on your live pvp server. I also understand that while you get some of the points of why a leaderboard is essential, you don't want one because it will be factual evidence that you are no where as good as you would otherwise claim. I further understand that you intend to keep making grandiose claims, and a leaderboard would refute any integrity or credibility that you are now trying to claim.

I'm sorry that you don't like the obvious implications of the poll and that it is irrefutable that a leaderboard adds to the server, rather than takes away from it. I'm sorry the poll was worded in a way that contradicts any of the blue comments you made.

Sorry bro. Sorry.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

leader board should track assists as vitality or infamy imo
Old 05-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

I played on Sullon Zek and Rallos Zek. I didn't PvP myself, not actively. Think on my ranger, my kill count for YEARS was just several. I went for long stretches never killing anyone but getting killed. Anyway, I think the leaderboards for EQ added to the atmosphere and made things more interesting.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Old 05-22-2011, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many rebounds can you get?
Depends on how many times I dump your sperm-whale of a mother. Eyyyy!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on Sullon Zek and Rallos Zek. I didn't PvP myself, not actively. Think on my ranger, my kill count for YEARS was just several. I went for long stretches never killing anyone but getting killed. Anyway, I think the leaderboards for EQ added to the atmosphere and made things more interesting.
Most of my game time was spent seeking PvP, and this was back in the days without any kind of leaderboard. I would have loved to see one during that time. RZ was pretty damn competitive, and this would have just added napalm to the blaze.

Any way PvP will have a faction point reward system or something similar? I would rather just having RZ rule set where we can loot one item and coin, but a point reward system might quiet any no loot griefers.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

I topped the leaderboards before the leaderboard wipe on 1.0 with Rizen my DE Warrior who ran around bow'ing, and bladestorm/sunder fury raping everything in sight. God warriors were so broke.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Banned

Macken, I do it for sport, son.

Not so that people can see how good or bad I am, but because its enjoyable. The reward is inherent in the act, just like how the punishment for a vice is inherent in the act.

Again, you need hand holding for PnP, now you want rewards for pvp. Play fucking WoW. Fuck, I'll sell you my account~
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Banned

Envious playing in the YBA (youth basketball league), trying to tell Derrick Rose in the NBA how to play B-Ball.

That's cute.
Closed Thread