Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Would there be more pvp, players or incentive to play with a leaderboard?
1. no 23 40.35%
2. yes 34 59.65%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

i won SZ and i would have averaged only 180 kills in that August.

Sorry Naez.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:43 PM
Banned

In my opinion, anyone who thinks a leaderboard would not increase population is trying to make a decision with no experience.

It is my belief that anyone who experienced a leaderboard such as SZ's already knows the correct answer.

If anyone voted no to the above poll, check and see if they have any experience with a well thought out, professionaly done EQ pvp leaderboard server for a length of time.

If they don't, then their opinion is factually not qualified and if put in a position to make decisions will obviously have to make an uninformed decision about a topic with no experience.

If you aren't old enough to understand what will happen if people are put in a position like the above paragraph. Let's just say doesn't turn out well.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Banned

But that's just my opinion.

I might be biased because i really enjoy leaderboards. And i therefore i think everyone else does too.

Here is a list where me, my brother and a rl friend make up the top 5. Another rl friend is in the top 15. We all think a leaderboard for a pk server is not only really fun but essential.

I have a hard time understanding why anyone would think different. If you vote no, please explain why.

Top 20 Overall - Evil

1. Iackey 109,513 pts
2. Despairr 77,359 pts
3. Xebekn 60,324 pts
4. Moru 56,537 pts
5. Cheeze 56,341 pts
6. Dequefreir 45,404 pts
7. Kraav 44,974 pts
8. Catlynne 42,606 pts
9. Darvunx 33,394 pts
10. Niteblastt 31,258 pts
11. Graveblade 28,698 pts
12. Burnfactor 28,240 pts
13. Webbis 23,988 pts
14. Myrkuls 21,228 pts
15. Drayson 18,975 pts
16. Rann 18,565 pts
17. Tryal 18,320 pts
18. Zafer 17,742 pts
19. Majingoku 15,252 pts
20. Zikbus 14,984 pts
Old 05-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This from the author of the webpage of logs of SZ kills:

Wonder if someone is farming points in August?
Fastinyohrox had the most kills with 422.
Pompousmick had the most deaths with 422.

=/
It was like right when the leader board got put in, and they nerfed being able to farm alts like the next month. Lol @ how bad Sony devs were to not think of that.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

think there would definitly be more pvp going on with leaderboards.. but that it wouldnt be good for population in the long run because ppl would get slewn too often when trying to level, backstabbed, try and farm alts/friends for pvp points, etc.

it would be fun to have a leaderboard but if you slay newbs all the time, ppl will see the yellow/hear the word anyway. just think leaderboard puts too much pressure on ppl, especially if they see themselves at the bottom of the list and just get killed all day in solb they wont want to log in. on vztz if you saw newbs leveling you'd generally leave them alone.. but if there were a leaderboard there'd be a reason to go over there and kill them anyway. and this would be what everyone did all day when they were bored
Old 05-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

shit i cant edit post in here.

so, yea what i said above sounds blue but at the end of the day i rather the server be populated and a little bluer. and like i said, ppl find ways to manipulate the system and farm points anyway
Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

I don't think it would affect the server population at all. PlanetSide had a leaderboard for a while until Sony jewed out and pulled the plug on it. I think it added to the sense of community, personally.

It's a neat little gadget, nothing more. A few people would earn their spot on the board, and a few would cheesedick their way to the top via bind camping / killing a friend over and over. All in all it means nothing.

If it's in, it's in. If not, I don't care. It's by no means essential.

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 05-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Banned

Macken, you might have "won" SZ, but your question is flawed as fuck. L2takeafuckingpracticalstatsapplicationclass.

Create more PvP? Yes, for some. Others dont need rewards to go kill folks. If you need a carrot on a stick to go kill people, then... meh. Whatever.

Incentive for pvp? Meh, again, for some people. Most people from VZ/TZ dont need leaderboards to pvp, most of my friends dont need them. And they are not needed to know who the better players are. But some, again, need that reward to fulfill the whole intent of the server. Personally, I dont need a leaderboard to kill people.

Would be a neat gadget tho, nothing more.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This from the author of the webpage of logs of SZ kills:

Wonder if someone is farming points in August?
Fastinyohrox had the most kills with 422.
Pompousmick had the most deaths with 422.

=/
That's the one downfall of a leaderboard. This stuff will go on a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to naez Send a message via AIM to naez Send a message via MSN to naez Send a message via Yahoo to naez

Not if you put a 24 hour limit and an IP check. There's like 90% of what you can do. Plus it will be obvious w/ YT.
Closed Thread