Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 02:16 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry bro already been confirmed by Macken himself.

It's hard to really understand what Null means.

If He is saying that a begin of cast los was added sept 2002, I would say that sounds about correct.

If he is saying that end of cast los was added sept 2002, then he is dead wrong.

About velious time on SZ, they experimented with end los for about 2 weeks or so and then canned it. Why? i don't know. I always assumed it was because they realized it was ridiculous. If you had spent any time playing an int caster, you would realize this already and know your memory is confused based just on the fact alone that it is crazy unbalancing.

But what i do know and remember well is casting through walls during the early days. I would sit in the goblin basement in HHK and type /pet target name. My animation would grab anyones target in the zone no matter how far. (worked in all zones) I acquired target and nuked once. Xebekn the necro would then cast one dot, wouldnt even use pet. Poor neuts didn't even know where it was coming from. People would cry out Xebekn! where are you? But couldn't come through kos mobs to find him. Couldn't find him upstairs. We did it all the time for months on end. (probably why they added begin cast los lol) Xebekn wracked up coins. You think im going to forget that?

When someone would find us, I would run up two flights and into a room. And nuke through the wall whoever i had on target last if they followed.
In Crystal caverns down in the city, thats how you fought. Get a target, go in a room and hope they stay in range.

The list goes on and on.

When did they add begin cast los? sept 2002 close to luclin/PoP sounds good to me. When did they add end of cast los permanantly? NEVER bro NEVER.
Even though i havn't played live in years, as far as i know, its still like that today. And until someone like Sniperfire who would know comes on and tells me different. Thats the way it is even right now bro.

The point is wehrmacht, as usual you are wrong AGAIN.

If it would make you feel better I would admit it doesn't even matter that you are wrong AGAIN. It doesn't matter that it was always like that on live (no end of cast los). All that matters is that it would be stupid to have end of cast los period. Whos gonna port you bro? We can't all be melee. Why must you insist on engineering us all that way?

Yes, I specifically remember this in Rallos Zek. We would be grouped in the HHK killing goblins and every now and then a PKer would come and do this. I still remember us in the group wondering where the PKer was at haha. good times.

I played just after EQ started (just before the patch where you couldnt fear/charm PCs anymore?) up until PoP on Rallos Zek.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

HK was a zone i exped and pvped in and i do recall being hit by spells through walls
Old 04-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Sarnak

Wasn't Macken that tool of a ranger on Rallos Zek? Lol if so.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Orc

Werhmacht nailing Macken like a slut on prom night.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't Macken that tool of a ranger on Rallos Zek? Lol if so.
Wehrmacht is the ranger but his range is short as you can see above.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Banned

thread so bad
Old 04-18-2011, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wehrmacht is the ranger but his range is short as you can see above.
So you're saying Wehrmacht played the ranger named Macken on RZ?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you're saying Wehrmacht played the ranger named Macken on RZ?
WOrst thread ever
Old 04-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

lol macken is boom