Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

LOL confirmed by Null himself, there was a 2nd line of sight check until 1 month before Planes of Power opened. Of course Macken didn't play till Planes of Power so he had no idea how Kunark and Velious worked. Once again, Macken caught looking like an idiot:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Kobold

When LOY was launched, I played on SZ a bit as a druid. A bard was in Misty and some 20 to 30 neutrals were attacking him. I can't recall what level I was, but I was under 24 for sure, and snare landed more than once on him. He was still pretty much invincible and snare didn't last longer than a minute or two, but it landed. No clue what it was like in classic.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

I heard a rumor that Pumice > Snare and Root...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakaris View Post
My brother is an award winning body builder and I'm faster bigger and stronger than him.
The Dukes Vengeance
Old 04-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL confirmed by Null himself, there was a 2nd line of sight check until 1 month before Planes of Power opened. Of course Macken didn't play till Planes of Power so he had no idea how Kunark and Velious worked. Once again, Macken caught looking like an idiot:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry bro already been confirmed by Macken himself.

It's hard to really understand what Null means.

If He is saying that a begin of cast los was added sept 2002, I would say that sounds about correct.

If he is saying that end of cast los was added sept 2002, then he is dead wrong.

About velious time on SZ, they experimented with end los for about 2 weeks or so and then canned it. Why? i don't know. I always assumed it was because they realized it was ridiculous. If you had spent any time playing an int caster, you would realize this already and know your memory is confused based just on the fact alone that it is crazy unbalancing.

But what i do know and remember well is casting through walls during the early days. I would sit in the goblin basement in HHK and type /pet target name. My animation would grab anyones target in the zone no matter how far. (worked in all zones) I acquired target and nuked once. Xebekn the necro would then cast one dot, wouldnt even use pet. Poor neuts didn't even know where it was coming from. People would cry out Xebekn! where are you? But couldn't come through kos mobs to find him. Couldn't find him upstairs. We did it all the time for months on end. (probably why they added begin cast los lol) Xebekn wracked up coins. You think im going to forget that?

When someone would find us, I would run up two flights and into a room. And nuke through the wall whoever i had on target last if they followed.
In Crystal caverns down in the city, thats how you fought. Get a target, go in a room and hope they stay in range.

The list goes on and on.

When did they add begin cast los? sept 2002 close to luclin/PoP sounds good to me. When did they add end of cast los permanantly? NEVER bro NEVER.
Even though i havn't played live in years, as far as i know, its still like that today. And until someone like Sniperfire who would know comes on and tells me different. Thats the way it is even right now bro.

The point is wehrmacht, as usual you are wrong AGAIN.

If it would make you feel better I would admit it doesn't even matter that you are wrong AGAIN. It doesn't matter that it was always like that on live (no end of cast los). All that matters is that it would be stupid to have end of cast los period. Whos gonna port you bro? We can't all be melee. Why must you insist on engineering us all that way?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpuntine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard a rumor that Pumice > Snare and Root...
You could have sold that info to wehrmacht for 1000pp
Old 04-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

wehrmacht has it rite on this one
Old 04-16-2011, 10:22 PM
Banned

Yes I know, all that stuff that i said happened, I dreamed it.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In Crystal caverns down in the city, thats how you fought. Get a target, go in a room and hope they stay in range.
This is so stupid it hurts to even talk to him. What he's describing is zero line of sight check. Not 1, not 2, but ZERO. You're not supposed to be able to nuke people through walls without seeing them. Maybe your macroquest compile was going haywire or you played a gnome and they were bugged and could see through the floor or something. You're not describing anything that's actually supposed to happen if the LOS check was 1 or 2.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrmacht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What he's describing is zero line of sight check. Not 1, not 2, but ZERO. .
Goblin basement in HHK needed no los. Neither did the upstairs. Neither did places like Crystal Caverns city, areas in cities, through houses, through hills, especially near zonelines etc... sometimes it was hard to find your coin. I guess that's why some cry hacks. I'm sorry you weren't aware.

/pet target name or /pet attack name and it would target name ZONE WIDE.
If you were in South Karana at Spiroc City kneeling before one of Emperor Knuckle's thrones and i zoned in from NK at bridge and i pet /targeted you, I would then know if you were a hatchling, lightbringer or chick or maybe a lost lioness.

I don't know if it's still like this on live or not, but you used to could catch up to people and hit them with your weapon.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:12 AM
Banned

So you're advocating not 2 line of sight checks, not 1 line of sight checks, but ZERO line of sight checks. That sure sounds balanced. I'll go stand at the lamentation camp in sebillis and bolt people in the crypt with a mage or something, that will be some mad skills pvp.
Closed Thread