Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 09-24-2015, 01:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't shot a bow at a player on R99.

but on live I played a ranger and bow damage was weak, good for pelting guys with arrows when they were snared and you were low HP and just being a jerk.

Anyone have an actual bow damage log from the old days? Bows sucked... always terrible DPS.
My hits as a lvl 57 ranger using a bow of the underfoot on a 60 war hitting for 180-200s. 300 with Trueshot. Very classic and definitely doesn't need tuning.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:11 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My hits as a lvl 57 ranger using a bow of the underfoot on a 60 war hitting for 180-200s. 300 with Trueshot. Very classic and definitely doesn't need tuning.
Do you have logs or screens of this? I didn't think so. Bow shots with a Windstriker (45 DMG) on any of the monks or warriors in Empire do not even come close to that range of damage. Also keep in mind that this is with max Dexterity and the target standing in place not moving. Efwan i don't know what trash can warrior you are shooting but either way i would like to see any type of logs you have, which of course you don't have.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Kobold

For the moment I would just like all of my arrows that have unobstructed line of sight to hit their targets they can deal with damage later. I am currently losing out on 50-100% damage due to bugs with water line of sight or people being able to strafe run to evade arrows catching them.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:58 AM
Fire Giant

Crits of 700 dmg with Trueshot which lasts what 3 minutes? Umm yeah I think bow dmg is fine.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crits of 700 dmg with Trueshot which lasts what 3 minutes? Umm yeah I think bow dmg is fine.
know what your talking about before you post please.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
know what your talking about before you post please.
Want the screenshot of empire rangers admitting this? Please let the adults post, anon poster
Old 09-29-2015, 04:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Want the screenshot of empire rangers admitting this? Please let the adults post, anon poster
I am the empire ranger that admitted critting for 675. Crits are extremely rare and trueshot lasts 2 min. 25% of the arrows vanish, 25% of the arrows miss, 25% of the arrows hit for less then 100 (with trueshot), and 25% do good damage.

Disc cooldown is 1hr 12min

This thread isnt about trueshot so you can go post in someone else's thread acting like you know what you are talking about.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
If it wasn't before, it is very clear now that you have no idea what you are talking about. You should probably stick to General Discussion or RnF instead of coming here and shitting up the bugs forum.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

Lol yikes 700 dmg crits not enough in pvp for rangers. Got it.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Please keep rants and flames out of my legit bug post.

Back on topic:

There are several known issues with arrows not hitting or missing targets (never connecting) involving either water or movement speed/strafing that can easily be replicated if needed