Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its suppose to have a 2 % chance of getting resisted @ 255 mr bro, thanks for your valuable input tho

Just go ask old man nirgon, your too young to know the truth
These are awful specific numbers with nothing to back them up.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:36 AM
Banned

agree w daldaen

my anecdotal contribution to SoL resists after the latest patch are that it lands 80 or 90%

it does get resists, dont know any of the mr#'s on opponents im casting it on

(sub level 60)
Last edited by Luniz; 04-24-2015 at 09:39 AM..
Old 04-24-2015, 12:39 PM
Banned

lol like I'd help you with anything

start digging for prof
Old 04-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol like I'd help you with anything

start digging for prof
care more about the box or grudges? srs question
Last edited by Wrench; 04-24-2015 at 01:52 PM..
Old 04-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

Default .

Grudges obviously, guy plays a wizard on the box and supposedly played a wizard for 9 years on rallos zek.

Somehow tho..... Shock of lightning the most important wizard spell evades his pitch perfect memory.

Almost had respect for this guy until he started trading pills for pixels and making shit up about classic everquest to suit his own guild.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

http://prexus.yuku.com/reply/364343/...s#reply-364343
Quote:
Melee was not allowed in the wizard BotB because the necro who won his BotB was equipped with a mithril quill from ToV, tons of tankish gear, and various HP/AC items. He pretty much destroyed everyone. There was minimal spell casting just pure assbeat. The quill was 19/20 with haste. So they decided that wizards would be spells only, I suppose it was meant to make it more entertaining. It was...until everyone figured out that shock of lightning was a lvl 12 spell with a knockback that was nigh unresistable.

http://prexus.yuku.com/reply/364344/...s#reply-364344
Quote:
ah i remember the quill!
i think it made it more interesting with the shock of lighting. it did little to no damage but it was a stun that actually landed.
OH i remember why i was in melee range now, there was another low resist stun spell that was pbAOE. i ran up to cast it to you and my melee went off.
you were the first one that lasted long enough to make me use the second stun.

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...l=1#post130906
Quote:
I tried the Tears aspect of PvP but it fails more than it succeeds. You HAVE to have them rooted (or have to be fighting an ignant sucka who chooses not to run after the first wave hits them).

You have to be willing to sacrifice the 5.0 secs casting time to try it.

And probably the worst aspect of Tears is that is checks MR, and as I said before, MR is pretty much everyone's priority on a PvP server. On the carebear servers it may be different.

I've had Tears of Druzzil work, yes, but of the number of times I've tried, versus teh number of succesful hits (meaning it did more than one wave of damage) it just didnt pay off.

Besides that, I can't think of a spell I'd like to replace in my lineup for it. Shock of Lightning MAYBE, but then I lose that interrupter for Gate etc.

I dunno, like I said I've seen Tears of Druzzil work, but for those that PvP on a daily basis, it just doesn't fit in. Maybe this is becuz a lot of my PvP is done solo, and require myself to be self sufficient, but thats just my opinion.

But, what doesn't work for me, may work for others. <shrugs> I steer clear of the whole Tears deal tho except for some smaller XP groups and the like.

Ace
Tallon Zek

http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthr...l=1#post130910
Quote:
finally a thread that really talks PvP... few things... shock of lightning doesnt always interrupt... but it is unresistable... so dont rely on it... i like hit SoL as they cast, click my staff to get gems up asap and throw and draught on... they are just starting to cast another spell just then. its good stuff... another thing i like to do especially for group mates in pvp is right click the hell out of my flux staff... not that im trying to spam them... but it outlines them for friendlies... also it reduces resists... IF u can land it... better for draughts. thats my 2 cents... thanks acilltatem. i might finally beat totmacher now!

http://thefuzzsz.tripod.com/pklife.htm
Quote:
the little gnome wizard, caught me underneith the tree city in faydark, and it took him 3 nukes to kill me. I had tried to outrun him, but he had jboots, I did not. Being the good sport he is, he challenged me to a duel afterwards, and I accepted. It was probably the closest fight I've ever been in. His magic resistance was well over 100, he was a very well funded individual, and I know it was all from pking. The first thing I cast was enthrall, and it stuck, luckily. Tishan and Strip enchantment were next. It did take his Shielding buff off, but it also took mez off, and because of this, he was able to get off a shock of lightning, interrupting my next spell. I think he got me 4 times before I could mez him again. It took about 1 1/2 bars of life, more than i had done to him. I blinded him once, and only once, the level 24 (can't remember name)damage spell was all i had, compared to his almost 300 damage spell. But i nuked him anyway. He had his spells hotkeyed, and nailed me with this spell. It hurt bad, taking me down to about 1 1/2 bars of life left. I mezzed him again, and loaded up color flux, my level 4 shift spell, seeing that it was faster than the level 20 shift. After I hit him with my nuke again, he attempted his big shot 1 more time, he got fluxed and i casted my nuke, this would have killed him, but he broke stun and shock of lightning'd me, interrupting my cast, then sent the finishing touch. I lost again.
Last edited by Grimjaw; 04-24-2015 at 02:39 PM..
Old 04-24-2015, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Goog gog Grimjaw ur a hero

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 04-26-2015, 03:42 PM
Banned

grimjaw is just posting the same information thats been rehashed 100 times, has nothing to do with OP's claims
Old 05-03-2015, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

Anyone who pvp'd on a caster in classic is well that there were 4 spells that were nigh unresistable(Landed like a lifetap) and were used heavily in pvp.

Wizard- Shock of Lightning

Mage- Shock of Blades

Enchanter- Chaotic Feedback

Necromancer- Poison Bolt

Until planes of power these spells were used to jam other player's casts with their knockback effect and landed regardless of the targets MR or Poison(in the case of Poison Bolt). This shouldnt need to be debated or require testing as it was common knowledge on classic and wasn't changed until Planes of Power.

They shouldn't even be resisted 10% of the time, seeing a resist on these spells was like seeing a unicorn or Sasquatch in the wild. If you saw it once you most likely never saw it again.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Banned

The deal is, pals, spells like lightning shock (39) were pretty damn easy to resist at even say 80-90 thresh hold... mostly really low partials and sometimes fully resisted.

Shock of lightning only had to land AT ALL to give the push back. So yes, landing the push back was very easy. Having 160+ MR and claiming it landed every time is very unlikely but I don't have prof because I didn't have tranix crown/rile/underfoot during this era or even jac rings. I was LUCKY to have a pair of platinum diamond rings and an SMR.

Claiming that shock of lightning was unresistable is ridiculous though. Aside from bards I don't know anyone who had over 200 magic resist during Kunark/early Velious and by that time we were all 60 and channeling was strong enough that shock of lightning got channeled through almost every single time if not every time.

I'm just not spending hours of my time digging through the hells of old EQ boards to support something that is already known, especially for someone that I know hates me. If you feel so strongly about it? Research it yourself, I'm not doing it for you.

Completely unrelated, him being mad does make me happy.