Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-22-2014, 11:12 AM
Banned

I remember it, I find a comment, it works like that on EQ Mac... and yet...

(Getting an erudite necro through Qeynos was a bitch on live too. I might test that next.)
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-22-2014 at 11:49 AM..
Old 04-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Sarnak

Ledshin Reply... By: Ediena
Posted @ Sat, Apr 22nd 9:42 AM 2000 Score: Decent[2.50]
For some reason this guard can see invisible. I am KOS in west freeport and everytime I con him, its scowls ready to attack, while the others are indifferent. So keep an eye out for him if you are KOS. He usually walks around near the Freeport Militia House entrance.

Plus all the other evidence. Working as intended.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Banned

Should have tested the charm bug or something? HIGHLY DOUBT the stumbled upon eq mac version had this going on :P.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWDL_Prexus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ledshin Reply... By: Ediena
Posted @ Sat, Apr 22nd 9:42 AM 2000 Score: Decent[2.50]
For some reason this guard can see invisible. I am KOS in west freeport and everytime I con him, its scowls ready to attack, while the others are indifferent. So keep an eye out for him if you are KOS. He usually walks around near the Freeport Militia House entrance.

Plus all the other evidence. Working as intended.
That's the only evidence. That's it. All we have is that one comment to support Ledshin see invis.

And against that we have no other website saying so, Alla's mods not labeling him see invis, EQatlas saying invis running through FP is safe, and a dozen people posting here that Ledshin seeing invis isn't classic.

Add in the charming mobs makes them see invis bug and it's quite clear that Ledshin never saw invis. That poster was just wrong.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Banned

What a coincidence he saw invis on eq mac tho right haha
Old 04-22-2014, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Bamz4l's post is pretty well-laid out and this forum needs a lot more stuff like that. Has anyone been able to replicate the bug here?

If we're going to make Guard Ledshin see invis based upon 1 Allakhazam poster's comment, then by that logic Pandos Flintside should be see invis, as well, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's the only evidence. That's it. All we have is that one comment to support Ledshin see invis.

And against that we have no other website saying so, Alla's mods not labeling him see invis, EQatlas saying invis running through FP is safe, and a dozen people posting here that Ledshin seeing invis isn't classic.

Add in the charming mobs makes them see invis bug and it's quite clear that Ledshin never saw invis. That poster was just wrong.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also used a classic post as evidence. He's a see invis guard.

(try the sewers)
the fkn sewers wont open up at the casters guild
Old 04-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Sarnak

the rabbit hole gets deeper

http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewt...hp?f=16&t=5358

Quote:
it is verified that sometimes, under some conditions, mobs gain the ability to see invis. Not for someone on their hate list already, but for everyone.

I don't have the references, but a search here should get you the original posts.

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...?f=167&t=58970

Quote:
This happens more often then not when your ex pet has residual agro on other mobs in the zone. Another fun thing to do, is say go to Plane of fire, charm a spider, to make life easier cast NDT on it for easier identification later(it matters not, shrink works just as well for that purpose) , then send it out to agro a few mobs. Zone out, then back in again to "clear" your agro. Pet will no longer be fighting, go recharm it and watch the fun begin - every mob that the pet was agro on, will again have agro - and as an added bonus, every mob that those mobs run past, will also chain agro. Most impressive trains can thusly be created. Note that indeed, most of the time (oddly, not all the time) your ex pet will now have the wonderful ability to see invis, weather or not you left zone via gate, or via a dirt nap
^ interesting tidbit, suggesting that a hatelist bug is triggering the see-invis bug.

(same thread)

Quote:
This is an old old bug, happened using charm pre-luclin even, altho I don't know what specifically causes it. But yes, pretty much any charmed pet randomly gains the ability to see invis after it is released from charm.

... my personal experience is just as a druid with animal charm, but it works the same way.

It is common knowledge by 2004, but my initial finding (and one above) suggest that the bug "existed for years". i'll keep digging later
Last edited by Bamz4l; 04-22-2014 at 08:11 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Banned

No mobs in EverQuest saw invis because of maybe a charm bug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Care to explain why he saw invis on EQ Mac and why that comment is there?

Hint: not a charm bug