Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Banned

I didn't code EQ Mac (or change it some how before whoever looked) and had no idea if it was working there. It is an untouched area and working as we remember it.

What a coincidence.

Please be sure to attack Xadion too, since he backed me up... and the dev who investigated this on EQ Mac. Gotta share that hardon you got when the Militia took you down, darkie.

It's not that it's so much of a mountain of evidence but exactly what is needed to make this change. I'd suggest he not spawn as a non-see invis version until proof is some how offered otherwise as that was never confirmed (see invis was confirmed and the case).
Old 04-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Who is we? Everyone in my thread doesn't remember him seeing invis. And I don't see any of your evidence from EQMac.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indeed I remeber this on live, I always had to kill him to then single lucan (yes u could! %$%$## agro chain mechanics!!!)

but anywho..yeah it was annoying that this dude would sit there and be like "hit!"
You can't read [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dunno what to say

I believe some of the devs found him to be see invis on EQ Mac. Perhaps the dawg or whoever investigated can fill this in for you. Or, I know! How about screech at them rather than stalk my threads with your tears over 1 (oh wait it was two, you said it got you again in another thread, quick learner here) xp death? The fact you've cried to them and gotten this guard to sometimes spawn without see invis is disgusting and sad.

Just use the sewer (or don't move through at derp speed/necros can harm shield and fd...), get the fix for these guards to always see invis and move on with your life.

Edit: go bother Sundawg or Xadion for a while instead
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-21-2014 at 05:00 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't make this thread. Some one else did who didn't think it was classic. Plus this person doesn't think it was classic. And this person, too. And then this post calling your EQMac evidence a bug.

Xadion is probably talking about Fikus who hangs out right next to Sir Lucan and is there to pop people trying to invis pull him. Notice he mentions Lucan.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Banned

Sees invis. Get some elder beads and dispel yourself or somethin'.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Sarnak

There seemed to be a lot of confusion as to how/why some mobs sometimes see invis. You can see the exact same discussion on other NPCs.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...01570975790634

In the above link, they decided that "players were the ones casting see-invis on mobs".

Right now on P99 we believe its part of the spawn - either they spawn with see invis or they don't.

That should have been very easy to document and prove - someone could have figured this out in many scenarios simply by camping one of those mobs - but no one ever seems to do that. There's always a mystery behind them.

Why?

I found this thread that discussed Pandos in West Freeport doing the same thing.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=611
(search for "The Real Story")

Is it a West Freeport thing???

But then someone weighs in on the REAL reason why some mobs see invis sometimes....

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...06110796936653

Quote:
There's a bug that's been around for years. When you charm a mob and then let the charm go, that mob now sees invisible. It wont be listed on thier buffs list but from then on till you kill them, that particular npc can see invis. Responsible charmers kill off their old pets , but this is a faction mob so thats not so simple. But this is why he sometimes sees and sometimes doesnt. When he does, someone was there before you trying charm.

Meredeth, Coercer, Tunare
Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Sarnak

^ Guard Ledshin was a regularly camped NPC, being one of the lowest level guards to drop the helm for the quest. No one has ever documented "he sometimes respawns with see invis" but im sure as hell he was frequently charmed.

Nirgon was definitely correct about Fikus, but seeing as theres little evidence to support Ledshin, along with new evidence that supports a "See invis bug", its hard to say about Ledshin.

Also think about it.. Fikus should see invis - he always does. But Ledshin only gets it randomly?

That "see-invis bug" could have potentially caused other mobs to incorrectly been flagged on p99 as see-invis, and this is something we should be looking into the validity of existence.
Any old-school enchanters around?
Last edited by Bamz4l; 04-21-2014 at 07:48 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

your all sick for arguing over this non factor shit
Old 04-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Kobold

Ledshin shouldn't see invis. I hunted Kroon all through 54 and Ledshin never once saw though my Selo's Song of Travel.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

I played a dark elf Necromancer for my first three months of eq back in 1999. I never had an issue being able to invis and run through wfp to efp for the docks.