Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 03-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Default Players desyncing?

Was fighting another player today and he would randomly move 15-20 feet in bursts, or complete spells without any message/spell graphics. When I spoke to him afterwards he said he was having similar issues, such as not seeing my character but only registering the melee damage. I have also seen a lot of people having trouble sending/receiving tells or doing /who's until death. Not sure if this is a lag issue or something else is going on.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2014, 04:49 PM
Banned

Seen this a few times when I have been forced to watch 1 on 1 melee fights, One player is severely warping(not hacking afaik, otherwise theres alot of cheaters) in different ways, then will end up in another spot.

The ghosts though is somewhat of an issue I think they already talked about fixing, Right now anyone who plugs if you chase after them zone to zone. You can find them on the other side, they will not say <Linkdead> or anything. You can attack them and they will attack you right back but they act like a NPC with a delay, They can do real damage and hurt you badly, But they no longer selos speed and go ham on you. If you kill them(itll show -2 or -11%) they stop attacking otherwise you must zone to avoid the damage only you take.

I know there is a lot of desynching and tells not going through too, Some of it has to do with people from the same IP or I think just someone having another account open at char select on it and it will cause /tells to not work or say player is offline. Once the client thats not logged in is closed, the tells will begin to work. But people still desynch quite frequently to the point you cannot /who or /tell them or see them in zone and they can see you. Bad situation to be placed in during pvp, When your sitting there being hit/casted on by someone and you see 0 damage, 0 cast messages, 0 anything then you just die(seen this happen only a few times, very rare)