Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 03-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Planar Protector

Default PvP Level Range

Currently the server has several custom (non classic) features to its ruleset which IMO are hurting the server. Today I would like to address one of the bigger issues of pvp level range. 42's being in range to 50's, 52's being in range to 60's ect is absurd with this resist system. Especially on a FFA server. Because of how resists work, the lower level range you are from a person trying to root(or any spell) you, the more MR (or other resists) you need. You already need a ton of MR to resist CC and other spells from an even con player but there is no way in hell a new player/untwink lvl 52 is going to stand a chance against a lvl 60. This resist system is already crazy.

Why punish new players like this? It is not classic and its not healthy for the server for people to ding 52 then just get raped repeatedly by 60s. The custom level range is too far from fair, balanced, and most importantly too far from classic.

Solution: Implement the classic 4 level range for PvP. This will solve a lot of the resist problems people are talking about because at least now you will be somewhat close to the level range of your attacker. I believe this would be a great first step towards improving the server and making it more classic.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 03-04-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Banned

i concur
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Also I would like to see Solb and Permafrost have their FFA PvP (any level can attack any level) flag taken off. I am not sure if this is classic or not. If its not then there is definitely no reason for it. Those are the main leveling places for people 50+ outside Kunark but right now its really just a grief zone. I've seen level 40's groups wiped because a couple of 60s wanted some easy kills.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently the server has several custom (non classic) features to its ruleset which IMO are hurting the server. Today I would like to address one of the bigger issues of pvp level range. 42's being in range to 50's, 52's being in range to 60's ect is absurd with this resist system. Especially on a FFA server. Because of how resists work, the lower level range you are from a person trying to root(or any spell) you, the more MR (or other resists) you need. You already need a ton of MR to resist CC and other spells from an even con player but there is no way in hell a new player/untwink lvl 52 is going to stand a chance against a lvl 60. This resist system is already crazy.

Why punish new players like this? It is not classic and its not healthy for the server for people to ding 52 then just get raped repeatedly by 60s. The custom level range is too far from fair, balanced, and most importantly classic.

Solution: Implement the classic 4 level range for PvP. This will solve a lot of the resist problems people are talking about because at least now you will be somewhat close to the level range of your attacker. I believe this would be a great first step towards improving the server and making it more classic.
IMO relative level should not impact things like resist rates or at least not much (like a 2 point penalty per level or something). The higher-level player already has a huge advantage in terms of hp/mana/skillcaps/spells and most probably gear as well.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

well it does impact them and by alot here. most important thing is its not classic and is hurting the server more than anything.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

bump, this is definitely a top 3 change needed for red99 along with a new resist dev and no more xp loss on pvp death. This should be an easy fix (I hope and think) this is why i am pushing for it first. Would love to get some comments from Rogean or Nilbog.

edit: obligatory custom level range isnt classic.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

agreed fully

could open up the raid scene too
Old 03-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

another good point made by box hero and legend Big Tina / Jenjen / Jenn
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Banned

Bump for make it classic

3 kinds of complaints since I've been around here.

"Ugh that's stupid.... but its classic so whatever"

"Ugh that's stupid... why did they put in this custom change!?"

"Ugh that's stupid... when are they going to fix it?!"

2 kinds of "other" comments.

"That's not classic, don't say anything"
"Enjoy it before they patch it"

Enjoy it!? WHAT!?
Old 03-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

The OP is mistaken and obviously has little to no experience in pvp on red99.

Level has little to no (probably none at all) bearing on resists. I kill 60s with my 52 wizard all the time. Draughts from a 52 wizard land for full more often than not. With a few dispels, they land for full every time on a target without high resist gear. Roots from a 52 land on 60s, even with upwards of 200 MR.

This is a non-issue.

The real issue is implementing a system where having resists matters more, and level enters the equation to some degree.