Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Why do you like the Red Server/EQ PVP?
I like to gank/grief low level players! 9 31.03%
I like to be able to challenge players when they piss me off! 7 24.14%
I like the option of be able to kill other guilds that are gatekeeping raid targets. 11 37.93%
I'm a sociopath/psychopath that derives pleasure from screwing over other people. 11 37.93%
I like to compare how powerful my toon is by directly challenging other players in combat. 5 17.24%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2022, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

it adds a different element to a game, lets face it at this point that everything is known and min/max'd to a point that everybody knows everything and is the roughly the equivalent of working on an excel spreadsheet and trying to find joy in that. With a pvp mechanic it adds flavor to the soup, many points Jib pointed on are true. Thus taking a higher skill cap and makes the most routine things more exciting, i genuinely see the appeal and find most PvP games fun by that principle. Biggest problem however, is this particular server attracts the bottom of the bottom population as a whole, which that level of toxicity spreads throughout any emu server. Any rational adult will tell you the most important thing on a PvP server is population, you need a healthy balance of predators and prey, mess with that ecosystem and this is the result you get. Subsequently, the mechanics of EQ in general lead itself to this easy fracture. Take for example a pvp mechanic system of DAoC it's a three faction team system which is a system inherently put in place to negate alot of the problems that generate itself in EQ pvp. This isn't to say I don't like EQ PvP, it just has a lot of things going against if you're a casual player.