Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 06-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Kobold

Default Auto Attack (PVP) -- Attacking players who are standing behind you

I have no idea if this is working as intended, but I was doing some testing yesterday with a friend and realized that you can just as effectively attack somebody directly facing them as if you were faced 180 degrees the opposite way. If you are not facing them, you still get the "you cannot see your target error" being spammed faster than you can even auto attack... but you continue to swing just as many times (hits/misses/etc) as you would if you were facing the player.

In fact, your orientation relative to the player doesn't matter whatsoever for auto attack (at least as it pertains to your # of swings against the player). Each player seems to have a hitbox of radius 'X', say, and so long as you are anywhere inside that ball of radius 'X', you will be able to attack that player. Your orientation does not matter, just that you are within that player's hitbox.

Definitely does not seem classic to me, but my memory isn't the best. Would love any insight on this (maybe this is really common knowledge--sorry if that's the case).