Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 10-12-2023, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

I want the people who had fun doing classic guild vs guild PVP. I'm sure they still exist.

EMU has been so garbage though I mean I doubt it. There's a blue community and that's it. Basically.
Old 10-12-2023, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

3 real people online can we get one more lets go for 4. If we get 6 before next week I won't shut the box down and we keep going.
Old 10-13-2023, 05:28 AM
Orc

Keep us posted about the numbers online... #eqemu #thriving #seriousstaff
Old 10-13-2023, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

I have listed my credentials that go back to being a Live Legend. If that isn't enough to be a GM I don't know what is.

How did some kid like Gangsta get that status? Engelbert? Can we compare credentials.

Also I have 4 unique people that have logged in and played in the last day. I will keep it running and hope for a slow growth.

No seasons, no new expansion, Kunark forever. Classic drops and EXP highly increased.
Old 10-13-2023, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

I think GM/People of a box is a partnership in a way.

I have my overall view of how things should run and any box creator shouldn't compromise that, but if something like raid mobs are completely cock blocked to one day of the week for years, I mean maybe variance right?

Other people broke over bow quest, I mean endless gestures that the community doesn't matter and the server is a containment zone for reets.

Almost like they are... The Forsaken.
Old 10-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Level 2+ you are flagged PVP, in range to 60's.

You will not feel safe in my world. MUUUUAHAHAHAHAHAH>
Old 10-13-2023, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

POSTED FROM DISCORD, COME JOIN IN. My decision is for THE PVP and THE PVP only. Therefore I have come to the conclusion to leave root/snares out and leave Mez line in.

You won't like the news Hazek. ResistDif is a fucked mechanic that is tied to level, resist type, and minimum resist chance. So I can alter the minimum resist chance higher, which effects mobs too. It is still unreliable and level based.
[10:50 AM]
The mechanics doesn't allow it to work for NPC or PC difference, so the only option is make mobs not flee, roots/snares disabled PVE and PVP. Mes will work I might put a higher Resistdiff on mez.
[10:51 AM]
Snares/roots are irrelevant if mobs don't run, the only thing is it feels shitty and they do have utility. But I can't bring it in without breaking PVP.
[10:51 AM]
If you get mez'd and hit you can bail to a zoneline, it's not like being rooted and burned by a bunch of n..oobs
[10:52 AM]
so mez is in but the rest will remain out in summary
[10:52 AM]
And realistically I can make it so people of the same level, wearing MR gear, won't get mez'd either. But some noob shitter might get mez locked but this is the fucking jungle after all.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Kunark PVE isn't very difficult, have some tanks. TY for your time. The PVE is designed to be fast and easy. Pets are broken and I'm leaving them that way. I think they have 30 hp level 1? I'm not sure I think it's the regen rate that makes them broken.

Every group should have at least 1 mage. I don't have 2 box limit, play as many as you want IDC.

The Forsaken. The one true box. On the THRONE.
Old 10-13-2023, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

End game Kunark won't be super easy mode, I mean it'll be standard garage box Trakanon probably 20 people stacked properly etc.

But by that point you can manage without roots/snare kiting adds. Have a few tanks or don't do content.
Old 10-13-2023, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

I have a funny story with Gongshow/Engelburt. I was in KC just afk doing the Red99 PVP scene. They roll in just for me. I throw down anon and run down to like way deep basement undead in that water area deep down aon'd fd in a corner.

Start saying to exit my castle immediately etc in OOC. Gongshow comes down fd looking finally finds me 10 mins later. He tries attacking me Engelburt is there too. I just bail and FD down near Verix etc just keep train FD. Gongshow starts doing that too.

Eventually we end up with some serious trains floating around Engel has to peace out. Me and gong are breaking each other's FD's and he gets casters on him. I get a proc on him take him down low but didn't get the kill and he bailed out.

Then I kept hiding/afking etc and shit talking in ooc they eventually just left.

STORY TIME ABOUT PVP.

This thread is a good PVP memory thread also now. Post em up boys. Rettiwalk dog shitter Halfling druid with sow, ran down by a rogue with saw in Solb for the YT.

I can keep going. Big ass fucking train on Colgate in Sebilis when I was nihi just fucking ass raped them with this giant bugs train all the way to the jail.

BTW training is legal, I don't like griefing newbs that's my one weak point. Griefing newbs isn't cool, grief other griefers cool.