Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-24-2022, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

No, but a shrunk halfling does. And halfling illusion makes you a shrunk halfling.

Why are so many people commenting here with no clue about what's going on?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-24-2022, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
halfling illusion makes you a shrunk halfling.
Oh wow that is a real top tip! Is this classic or p1999 bug?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-24-2022, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

I do not know if it is a bug or not. Somebody in the bug forums claims it to be a bug with zero research provided in the thread, so it is basically ignored.

Until then, it is a nice little perk of using the illusion.

And anybody can carry shrink pots.

Back on topic, the rogue race selection for me is whatever is best for end game gear and not having to swap to resist gear at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
STR: 188
STA: 205
MR: 200
Dorf makes those requirements before any other race because so much gear has STR and even STA, but MR is a little lacking.

Why would I invest so much time and DKP into getting super high end equipment to bag it for items with 1 or 2 more MR when I can pick the right race that starts with more MR?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-24-2022, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
No, but a shrunk halfling does. And halfling illusion makes you a shrunk halfling.
TIL. But for posterity it should be noted that the halfling mask doesn't drop until the end of the timeline (it's not out on green yet) and a pita to acquire iirc.

That being said I might have to pick up the mask once Chardok 2.0 drops. I find carrying extra pots super annoying personally.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

"Why would I invest so much time and DKP into getting super high end equipment to bag it for items with 1 or 2 more MR when I can pick the right race that starts with more MR?"

I never said to bag anything. When I said "swap out" I meant you buy a better replacement item and sell or trade the old unneeded item. This was under the assumption that the Dwarf and Barbarian in the example have the exact same gear. As a Barbarian you are +13 str and +5 sta on a Dwarf so you can replace items earlier.
Old 03-24-2022, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a Barbarian you are +13 str and +5 sta on a Dwarf
Nah, it's more like +0 STR, +0 STA, -5 MR for me.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Overall minmax Race choice: barbarian
Reason: throwing boulders

Race choice: other
Reason: whatever look you prefer

Dwarf is best stat min max because of the magic resist racial. That’s a fact

But with rogues it basically doesn’t matter because ogres aren’t an option or anyone with regen.

The gnome argument is pretty robust but mostly because of tinkering racial bonus.

But being that short does screw you up sometimes. The being medium sized works best overall.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-25-2022, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Why are so many people commenting here with no clue about what's going on?
Heheh
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-25-2022, 04:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TIL. But for posterity it should be noted that the halfling mask doesn't drop until the end of the timeline (it's not out on green yet) and a pita to acquire iirc.

That being said I might have to pick up the mask once Chardok 2.0 drops. I find carrying extra pots super annoying personally.
This really is big if true.

I don’t think the disciple symbol quest line halfling illusion makes you a shrunk halfling, so it surprises me to learn the chardok one does. I’ll check it out!

Old 03-25-2022, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heheh
It’s a discussion forum - the whole idea is to exchange knowledge, ask/answer questions, be social and grow (both individually and community).