Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 09-17-2023, 07:51 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Non-Steam Games

Hello,

I've been on and off with P99 since about... '16ish. To cut past the TLDR, I've been having issues adding this to my Steam. The reason I want to is because of Steam Link so that I can play on my iPad during the day when I don't have access to my PC. I originally added P99 to my Steam through the "add non-steam" games option and it worked.

While I was playing P99 I was curious as to how retail EQ worked and watched a streamer for awhile playing it. I had asked them a few questions regarding retail and their answers were enough to convince me to give it a try -- so I did. During that time I was pretty impressed with my first impressions so I either deleted or hide my P99 game from my games library on Steam (I'm not sure which, so assume both or either). This was the big mistake, I think.

With the foreshadowing in mind, I ended up not liking some of the changes Daybreak elected to implement into retail, so I returned to P99. I attempted to add P99 to my Steam library, but everytime I hit the "add game to library" button after finding the .bat file in my browser it never actually appeared in my games library on Steam.

I assumed I had hid it so I immediately went to View -> Hidden Games with no avail. It wasn't there.

So I added the .bat file multiple times to Steam in hopes that it would just be added. Nope. It's not showing up, I've added it multiple times, double checked my games categories (including hidden) and still am unable to find it. I don't know what the hell I did with the original .bat that I added to the library that worked, but it doesn't want to work anymore.

For anyone who is curious: this is important to me because I spend a large portion of my day homeschooling my kid and I would like to have some outlet during that time, which EQ could provide on my iPad. But I can only play P99 on my iPad with Steam Link, so I need it to work! lol

Any help is always appreciated and thank you for reading!
Old 09-18-2023, 08:13 AM
Planar Protector

I used to have this setup and, like you, was surprised to see it gone from Steam.

I was able to re-add it just now by:

Choosing Add a non-steam game
Browsing to my p99 directory and pointing it to eqgame.exe
Right-clicking the newly added "eqgame", choose properties
Edit the Target and point it to the launch titanium shortcut. (add quotes because it has a space - "c:\games\eqp99\launch titanium.bat")
Fix the name (if desired).

-Mcoy
Old 09-18-2023, 03:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to have this setup and, like you, was surprised to see it gone from Steam.

I was able to re-add it just now by:

Choosing Add a non-steam game
Browsing to my p99 directory and pointing it to eqgame.exe
Right-clicking the newly added "eqgame", choose properties
Edit the Target and point it to the launch titanium shortcut. (add quotes because it has a space - "c:\games\eqp99\launch titanium.bat")
Fix the name (if desired).

-Mcoy
Thank you! I don't know how I forgot that. It worked adding the EQ executable and changing the target. Thanks again!