Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-17-2023, 09:23 PM
Banned

There's always a first time for everything.

Wishing u well tho.

No evil warlock curses.
Old 07-19-2023, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if people can finish the badwater 135 im sure he'll be ok
Ya I watched a documentary on it back in the day

When it’s 125 degrees they wear fluffy white sun-repelling suits and have a van with a doctor driving behind them most of the way

I think Goggins has done badwater but I don’t recall
Old 07-19-2023, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Yea no shit, when I lived in California's central valley I used to run in 100'+ weather every summer. Shit, we had football practice in that. Just gotta hydrate and recognize your limit. 110+ is a bit intense, got to be careful with that because if you run out of water at the wrong time you die

A lot of these heat deaths occur in places unaccustomed to that level of heat or in vulnerable people like fatties and geriatrics
Last edited by Lune; 07-19-2023 at 02:41 PM..
Old 07-19-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A lot of these heat deaths occur in places unaccustomed to that level of heat or in vulnerable people like fatties and geriatrics
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2023, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

No idea how you guys do endurance

Half marathon is the most I’ll ever do and I hate it
Old 07-20-2023, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No idea how you guys do endurance

Half marathon is the most I’ll ever do and I hate it
I think most people screw up training endurance

There are so many adaptations going on when doing cardio below the anaerobic threshold, but people fuck that up and try going too fast too early. If someone can’t comfortably talk while doing cardio without feeling winded they are going too fast. I think people think that if they aren’t gasping for air, they aren’t improving

Not only does the VO2 max oxygen carrying capacity increase, but the muscles adapt to be more energy efficient. As these adaptations occur, cardio continues to feel more and more comfortable. There should be a particular run speed that you can do essentially indefinitely without feeling winded or tired

Once that is achieved, it’s just a matter of slowly and slightly increasing that speed. I dunno why people hate cardio, but I assume it’s from going too hard too soon
Old 07-20-2023, 04:33 PM
Fire Giant

I'm calling for a P99 Physique Competition. I need to know who is giving out credible advice around here.... Unsung has already submitted his resume numerous times. I respect that.
Last edited by strongNpretty; 07-20-2023 at 04:38 PM..
Old 07-20-2023, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think most people screw up training endurance

There are so many adaptations going on when doing cardio below the anaerobic threshold, but people fuck that up and try going too fast too early. If someone can’t comfortably talk while doing cardio without feeling winded they are going too fast. I think people think that if they aren’t gasping for air, they aren’t improving

Not only does the VO2 max oxygen carrying capacity increase, but the muscles adapt to be more energy efficient. As these adaptations occur, cardio continues to feel more and more comfortable. There should be a particular run speed that you can do essentially indefinitely without feeling winded or tired

Once that is achieved, it’s just a matter of slowly and slightly increasing that speed. I dunno why people hate cardio, but I assume it’s from going too hard too soon
I haven’t run in a while. When I did I’d do 4-6 miles. Maybe once or twice a month I’d push it out to 8-9 and the most I’ve done is a half marathon. I like cardio, but things like an actual marathon are insane to me.
Old 07-20-2023, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm calling for a P99 Physique Competition. I need to know who is giving out credible advice around here.... Unsung has already submitted his resume numerous times. I respect that.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is me today, 155.5 lbs, sitting at around 8% body fat. I do have the loose skin on the stomach a bit, but it's soooo much better than it used to be. I think I look pretty good.
Old 07-21-2023, 09:55 AM
Fire Giant

Lookin good brotha. Props.