Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-30-2023, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure I didnt say that. Dont be confused with the voices in your head.
I asked for a clarification on something I found ambiguous and you called me crazy. Imo looneytoon is a humorous reflection of what you said to me - that I was confused listening to voices in my head. Honestly I don’t find your phrasing entertaining for that. Certainly uncivil which is why I rejected your claim of civil behaviour - you are the one that first raised that issue. You were the first one to call the other crazy. Imo if you can’t take it don't dish it or you’ll get upset.

So anyway, we were both just speaking in the spirit of jest even if the jokes landed flat?

Sorry if you feel I’ve antagonised you - you’ve been throwing a lot of ‘STFU’s out, which is why I suggest you ignore me.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Last edited by Jimjam; 03-30-2023 at 04:28 AM..
Old 03-30-2023, 05:15 AM
Kobold

Im not familiar with ALL the components drop locations and difficulty for every race. Perhaps there are others that could be reviewed as well.

As for EW, I would suggest that they be removed from one drop creature, and added to another, closer to home. Or several, with very low drop rates. I would suggest adding them to the ice bone skeletons. The baby mammoths are very common, while the ice skeletons are far less common, and I believe are harder to kill. I dont want them to be too easy(or to hard) to obtain or commonly dropped. As an example, I used to farm iksar blood not long ago, and I would find like 5-10 of them a day in dalnir, with an appropriate level group for the dungeon. Some people I have heard have found more per day than that. Up to a stack of it per day. The entire day. How does that rate with essence of winter? I cant say. I have not yet been to hunt yetis or wyverns to find out how often they drop. But they are very far away from Halas, and so is CS, while all of the imbued cab scale temper items are all close to home and easier to obtain. Some easier than others.

It doesnt make sense to me why the essence would be so difficult to get right in halas's own nearby territories.(permafrost) or not at all.
Last edited by Drueric; 03-30-2023 at 05:22 AM..
Old 03-30-2023, 05:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Compare that to every other race's cultural armor componants are easy to get, and the armor isnt half bad.
Quote:
Im not familiar with ALL the components drop locations and difficulty for every race
Not sure of the exact wording of the old saying, but it goes something like this... "Better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and erase all doubt."
Old 03-30-2023, 05:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Im not familiar with ALL the components drop locations and difficulty for every race. Perhaps there are others that could be reviewed as well.

As for EW, I would suggest that they be removed from one drop creature, and added to another, closer to home. Or several, with very low drop rates. I would suggest adding them to the ice bone skeletons. The baby mammoths are very common, while the ice skeletons are far less common, and I believe are harder to kill. I dont want them to be too easy(or to hard) to obtain or commonly dropped. As an example, I used to farm iksar blood not long ago, and I would find like 5-10 of them a day in dalnir, with an appropriate level group for the dungeon. Some people I have heard have found more per day than that. Up to a stack of it per day. The entire day. How does that rate with essence of winter? I cant say. I have not yet been to hunt yetis or wyverns to find out how often they drop. But they are very far away from Halas, and so is CS, while all of the imbued cab scale temper items are all close to home and easier to obtain. Some easier than others.

It doesnt make sense to me why the essence would be so difficult to get right in halas's own nearby territories.(permafrost) or not at all.
Putting them on icebones is a good shout as it would encourage people into the tunnels by the river too.

Old 03-30-2023, 05:40 AM
Kobold

For the record, halflings don't just have to travel across the world to get their components easier... they have to make that trip to get their components AT ALL.

And Erudites... why don't you look up Steelsilk? They have to spawn the Terrorantula multiple times, yielding what? A half a swatch at a time?

And the armor isn't half bad? Well, I guess that depends on whether you're the right class and deity worshipper for the "not half bad" armors that your race can make.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Not classic.
Old 03-31-2023, 05:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic.
Classic can be improved upon.
Old 04-01-2023, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Classic can be improved upon.
That is anathema to p1999’s basic purpose though.

Old 04-01-2023, 06:37 AM
Kobold

Which is why I am confident my suggestions will be seriously considered.
Old 04-11-2023, 10:28 AM
Kobold

Barb cultural armor is nekkidness.