Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-27-2023, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Tribunal has Batman morality/logic: how many of you cheer against Batman?
Batman is 100% a psycho, more an anti-hero. And yes, vigilante shit, not really justice. Tribunal more Judge Dredd than objective justice.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I did not. I did not play before kunark. But it still sucks that one has to farm their race's cultural armor components on the other side of the world (to get them easier)

EC has geared my barbarian, and if I am able to collect my own essence on that toon, there would be no point, now.. And I would still need ALOT of it, compared to other races.
Cultural armor was implemented for bored max level tradeskill weirdos to have an endless timesink grind to work on, hope that clears things up.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:54 PM
Planar Protector

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Tribunal has Batman morality/logic: how many of you cheer against Batman?
Does it really? The lore I've seen has been like, "The Tribunal doesn't like high elf necromancers, but is okay with evil cultures being evil."
Old 03-28-2023, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allakhazam
A fundamental concept behind the justice of the Tribunal is cultural relativity. While a High Elf of Tunare may be condemned for practicing necromancy, a gnoll may be accused by his clan of excessive leniency towards prisoners. Sending someone before the Tribunal is usually reserved for serious crimes, as it can mean a virtual eternity of imprisonment and suffering. However, the definition of "serious crimes" can vary widely among societies. Some acts aimed against the gods themselves are considered under a broader scope, but The Tribunal looks primarily at the rules of particular civilizations.
So they are Batman, but like a relativistic version. They act like one Batman when dealing with Humans, another for Gnolls, and so on.

It all makes perfect sense [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ... well, except the part of gnolls appealing to The Tribunal.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

P.S. Contrast this image of the Tribunal:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

with:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

They're like Batman with a hammer and a hood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Batthor

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-28-2023, 12:59 PM
Aviak

I am not sure how much you have really looked at cultural but they are all very similiar in terms of manufacturing, especially the tempers.

That said they are not necessarily equal in drop rates and collection.

For example:

Barbarian temper
1 x Brandy - Crafted, Bought, Dropped
2 x Essence of Winter - Dropped
1 x Ice Goblin Blood - Dropped

High Elf tempers
2 x Essence of Moonlight - Dropped
1 x Morning Dew - Foraged, Dropped, Ground Spawn
1 x Swirling Mist - Dropped

Human Tempers
1 x Fish Wine - Crafted, Bought, Dropped
2 x Mug of Sea Foam - Dropped
1 x Saltwater Seaweed - Fished

You need roughly 50 morning dew for a visible set of High Elf cultural plate which is a fun journey (because its not used just in the tempers). But the High elf plate is also extremely viable armor until 50+ dungeons.

And yes the wife and I are tradeskill fanatics or "max level tradeskill weirdos" as someone else stated.

thanks
jaladian/jaladiun/vekter
Old 03-28-2023, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I did not. I did not play before kunark. But it still sucks that one has to farm their race's cultural armor components on the other side of the world (to get them easier)

EC has geared my barbarian, and if I am able to collect my own essence on that toon, there would be no point, now.. And I would still need ALOT of it, compared to other races.
Lol this guy is a imbecile
Old 03-28-2023, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
They're like Batman with a hammer and a hood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the batman comparison is hilarious, which makes it worthwhile and good. would love to see some barbarian batman-inspired roleplay!
Old 03-28-2023, 05:36 PM
Banned

What does the armor actually look like? I don't even know. I'm assuming people only bother getting it for the way it looks.

The wiki always sucks for this. It'll say like "appearance:" and then you click it and it's some picture of a purple dark elf or something.