Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-29-2023, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything in particular besides robes on melee classes?

This is niche but DEF cultural chain is for casters, so you can have like a wizard in full purple/red chain armor.

Also a SK with red-dyed plate is pretty cool.
my female ogre warrior is full bdsm mode - aow dildo sodomy helm, skull titties statue bp, dual whips (vyemm main dagarn off), w/e legs that tub of lard is rocking looks like chain

char name is ogre-esque spelling "Cooshinfer Dapooshin"

i think at one point i had a /tell macro for potential shaman duo "mates" that involved advertising whips, chains, and a good time guaranteed
Last edited by Toxigen; 03-29-2023 at 03:26 PM..
Old 03-29-2023, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Langseax of the Wolves and Brazen Brass Kilij. Not sure how obscure they are, but early in the server lifetime they're pretty cool quests. Langseax has quite a bit to do in it.
Old 03-30-2023, 07:43 AM
Large Rat

The Gnoll Slayer! This quest could have been so good if it wasn't broken!
Old 03-31-2023, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

I recall doing the Shakey the Scarecrow stuffing quest as a noob Halfer waaay back in the day on VZ (PvP server). Having to get down to Feerott and track down Rorror (whatever that named lizardman was called) with the threat of PvP from all the evil race players in those zones really made it memorable.
Old 04-01-2023, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything in particular besides robes on melee classes?

This is niche but DEF cultural chain is for casters, so you can have like a wizard in full purple/red chain armor.

Also a SK with red-dyed plate is pretty cool.
Iksar SK in full Kael armor + custom cowl of mortality
Old 04-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'll always remember finally freeing the Crushbone male high elf slave, and he gives you a Dear John letter for a guard back in Felwithe, who I discovered was actually male. I wore what was probably their engagement ring for many levels.

Newbie Dark Elf rogue quests are also fun, at least two quests specifically for you to kill children (Gregor Nasin's daughter and also the halfling pregnant with a dark elf rogue GM baby(!))

Not as obscure but the Wakizashi of Frozen Skies quest was VERY satisfying to complete on a non-twink character of appropriate level. Having a Burning Rapier in one hand and an ice wakizashi in the other was neat.

Also Kerra Isle quests just because I like weird factions.

What's your favorite possibly-useless flavor quest?
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Mystic_Cloak

Some daughter from felwith runs off with dark elfs and her parents get divorced over it and the mom moved to Euridin, if you talk to the father, he asks for your help.

You go out to find the daughter and ask her to come home, but when you do shes in a jail cell in najina! (classic untrustworthy dark elves)

You rescue her, and return to her father, he gives you a letter to take to euridin, and when you do you unite the family and get a cool cloak.

Its really a nice one.
Old 04-02-2023, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

I personally have always enjoyed getting he item Prayer beads from the various quest you can do ( and repeat you will ) to get them. they are very handy if you can get them and can be recharged at the temple of life.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Prayer_Beads

There is a few quest that have a chance at giving this reward.

1. Returning broken prayer beads from the priest who drops the rat shaped ring in west karana.

2. Returning prayer beads from the paladins /cleric who run between qeynos hill zones line and first tower in west karana. Killing them will lower you faction just have a evil friend do for you.

3. Rare from putrid rib bone quest to temple of life in north qeynos.

4. might be a couple more but i can not remember since i did those in eqmac days.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 04-02-2023 at 05:08 PM..
Old 04-02-2023, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Burning Rapier. Fantastic quest and appropriate reward while the content is current.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-04-2023, 05:32 PM
Banned

Definitely qeynos badge of honor. That part with the rat jars is such a janky nerve-wracking weird thing that is completely different than anything I can think of in any other quest, and having worn see-invis just owns. It's amazing how often in the game invis people run right up to you and get in your face thinking you can't see them. No more!
Old 04-04-2023, 08:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Mystic_Cloak

Some daughter from felwith runs off with dark elfs and her parents get divorced over it and the mom moved to Euridin, if you talk to the father, he asks for your help.

You go out to find the daughter and ask her to come home, but when you do shes in a jail cell in najina! (classic untrustworthy dark elves)

You rescue her, and return to her father, he gives you a letter to take to euridin, and when you do you unite the family and get a cool cloak.

Its really a nice one.
I tried to do that quest but couldn't ever get the priest of najena to spawn so eventually gave up. Such a waste of my gd time -_-