Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-24-2023, 07:07 PM
Kobold

Default What are your favorite obscure quests?

I'll always remember finally freeing the Crushbone male high elf slave, and he gives you a Dear John letter for a guard back in Felwithe, who I discovered was actually male. I wore what was probably their engagement ring for many levels.

Newbie Dark Elf rogue quests are also fun, at least two quests specifically for you to kill children (Gregor Nasin's daughter and also the halfling pregnant with a dark elf rogue GM baby(!))

Not as obscure but the Wakizashi of Frozen Skies quest was VERY satisfying to complete on a non-twink character of appropriate level. Having a Burning Rapier in one hand and an ice wakizashi in the other was neat.

Also Kerra Isle quests just because I like weird factions.

What's your favorite possibly-useless flavor quest?
Old 03-24-2023, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Phenocryst's Focus

not widely known, easy to do, great item
Old 03-25-2023, 03:38 AM
Kobold

Turning in Lucie Elron's dress (off Cuburt) to her father instead of the guy cleaning the sewer yields a "golden locket" with 5 charges of Courage, instead of the more commonly completed quest for the +3 int earring. Great for young toons who need that extra ac/hp buff when soloing.

Darkwater piranha quest for kerran fishing spear (3 charges eb) not bad either.
Old 03-25-2023, 03:40 AM
Kobold

And not really obscure but another favorite is the squad ring, 1 charge instant click Healing. Gotta do the companion quest (many times perhaps) for faction with the Halfling clerics to be able to recharge it.
Old 03-26-2023, 07:41 AM
Aviak

Pickled Frogloks. Got my RZ worshipping Barb Warrior non-kos and even mildly friendly with most of Oggok doing that quest about 50 or 60 times. Fun and convenient to run around in Ogguk and be able to shop and bank with the ogres there. Froglok meat is super easy to come by too, if you happen to be leveling in Guk. Too bad there isn't as easy of a way to raise the dumb Shaman of War faction. They were the only holdouts who still didn't like my character.
Old 03-26-2023, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquestalot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turning in Lucie Elron's dress (off Cuburt) to her father instead of the guy cleaning the sewer yields a "golden locket" with 5 charges of Courage, instead of the more commonly completed quest for the +3 int earring. Great for young toons who need that extra ac/hp buff when soloing.

Darkwater piranha quest for kerran fishing spear (3 charges eb) not bad either.

That's cool I didn't know you could get rewarded for sleuthing out her dad!

I also love that Kerran Fishing Spear quest as an ALS DEF ROG. That was my emergency don't drown item until I was able to get two moss masks from Guk (I can't stand camping one hours-long spawn so I'll probably never have an earring)

The Phenocryst's Crystal is an interesting one, I've hardly done any Velious OR caster quests. I did collect the Staff of the Wheel or whatever it's called, just for an Identify item. So that I can find out that most Lore items just have their name as their Lore haha.
Old 03-26-2023, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve always enjoyed the badge of qeynos quest line.

It seems way ahead of its time, and more like a wow quest. Gives a great item too.

Also- gnoll slayer quest (baby Martin)
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 03-26-2023, 06:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by htabdoolb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad there isn't as easy of a way to raise the dumb Shaman of War faction. They were the only holdouts who still didn't like my character.
Actually there is, incredibly easy. Turn in Zimbittle's pouch to Marda. I think it's part of the Marda's Secret Mission questline. And if you do the intestine necklace to the frog prisoner all the way to the note for Marda parts, more faction in one trip into Oggok.

Re: gnoll slayer... LOVE it on live, magic weapon, upgradeable in later era to gnoll bane weapon with 2 charges of summon shaman pet. But pre-Velious... it's not even a magic sword. meh
Old 03-27-2023, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

fashionquest
Old 03-29-2023, 03:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fashionquest
Anything in particular besides robes on melee classes?

This is niche but DEF cultural chain is for casters, so you can have like a wizard in full purple/red chain armor.

Also a SK with red-dyed plate is pretty cool.