Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-18-2023, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Braindead take.

"Everyone who likes things I don't like is stupid and wrong!"

The reality is that, as you have noted, Blue/Green both have PvP of a different sort at the high-end, with all their assorted byzantine raid rules and lawyerquesting. Red PvP is simply a more direct, fun and engaging way to compete for loot. Similarly, griefing surely exists on Blue/Green, and just takes a more indirect aspect. Griefing is an issue of player personalities and incentives/rewards, not rulesets.

The fact that you don't understand such a simple concept is quite appalling, and leads back to my original conclusion that you are indeed FUCKING BRAINDEAD, and should go vigorously rub your face in the nearest pile of dogshit, as this will serve to warn everyone who subsequently comes in contact with you what sort of mentally deficient individual they are dealing with.
Sure other than the fact that griefing is like a billion times easier when you can just cast nukes directly on other players. And okay great you can kill people who are at camps you want. Likewise, they can do the same to you which would be extremely annoying. No thanks.

EQ is just not for pvp. I stick to ultima online for pvp.
Old 03-18-2023, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormmac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its so much better with pvp, if u guys only knew tbh like classic wow if you remove the open world pvp you remove 40% of the game

so many spells and classes find new utility with that added context of pvp, meanwhile NONE of the PVE mechanics are changed or removed

its simply less game
Can't duck interrupt on red still though? Unless that was changed in more recent years.
Old 03-18-2023, 06:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly, Rogean, Nilbog, and whoever else is still left running things have milked all the donation money they can out of the Project, and have abandoned it. Lack of any sort of communication from anyone despite a community seething for what they initially promised is kinda bullshit & indicative of how much they still care about p99...ie they don't anymore.

I get it, life comes up, but holy shit grow some balls, be adults, and let people know what's going on so they know whether or not they should continue waiting for what they really want to play, or get invested in something else if Green2.0 isn't happening.
What has the community been waiting for supposedly?
I am playing on a classic server fro free, thank you to the team.
Old 03-18-2023, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

Exactly. Green isn’t even old. It’s thriving with high population. Go play.

If you wanna get in the right head space listen to the audiobook version of the silmarillion or something, maybe just the first hour.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-19-2023, 04:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What has the community been waiting for supposedly?
I am playing on a classic server fro free, thank you to the team.
I mean, don't be intentionally obtuse. People are waiting for what was promised: a new server once the latest iteration has been in Velious for as long as Velious originally lasted. We're over a year past that due date.

If they didn't intend to deliver any such thing, they shouldn't have promised it. But they did, and therefore people are justified in expecting it.

Don't hate on people for expecting what was promised. It's the server's staff who have failed to deliver on it.
Last edited by Bockscar; 03-19-2023 at 04:48 AM..
Old 03-19-2023, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

I'm praying for jesus (or apophis) to come save ur all, but i'm praying to Jesus about both things.

I really do hope ya'll get a new green SOON TM it would be best for the universe. even if it's sorta close to a TLP launch

you deserve a new green

and it would be healthy for the whole multiverse