Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-12-2023, 01:30 PM
Large Rat

Default Zem Exp Modifiers

i was wondering if the wiki is current on the zone exp modifiers or if it isnt is there a updated list kicking around somewhere that im just not seeing?

appreciate it fellas!
Old 03-13-2023, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

The list on the wiki should be up to date, their were changes made like 1-2 years ago iirc which boosted outdoor and underused kunark zones, and reduced the Hole and HHK a bit.
Old 03-13-2023, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

The wiki is most definitely not up to date ... in the sense that it never has been: it's always been inaccurate.

The wiki numbers are based off the stock EQ Emu numbers (ie. the numbers every fake EQ server starts with). The devs have modified many of those numbers ... but we don't know how much, or which.

People have since updated the wiki, after the devs announced that they were changing ZEMs ... but they only posted the changes. If you didn't know a zone's ZEM before, knowing that it just got changed by 10% still doesn't tell you what its ZEM is now.

In short, the wiki's numbers are known to be inaccurate ... but they are the best numbers we have, because to get an accurate list would require a lot of painstaking research.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

/bonk Loramin

The details of those ZEM updates...

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=353369

Quote:
South Qeynos was not changed.
North Qeynos was increased by 33%.
Surefall Glade was not changed.
Qeynos Hills was increased by 33%.
Highpass Hold was increased by 25%.
High Keep was reduced by 25%.
North Freeport was increased by 33%.
West Freeport was increased by 33%.
East Freeport was increased by 33%.
Runnyeye Citadel was increased by 50%.
Western Plains of Karana was increased by 33%.
Northern Plains of Karana was increased by 33%.
Southern Plains of Karana was increased by 33%.
Eastern Plains of Karana was increased by 33%.
Gorge of King Xorbb was increased by 100%.
Blackburrow was increased by 25%.
Infected Paw was increased by 67%.
Rivervale was not changed.
Kithicor Woods was increased by 33%.
West Commonlands was increased by 33%.
East Commonlands was increased by 33%.
Erudin Palace was not changed.
Erudin was not changed.
The Nektulos Forest was increased by 33%.
Lavastorm Mountains was increased by 33%.
Halas was increased by 33%.
Everfrost was increased by 33%.
Solusek's Eye was reduced by 4%
Nagafen's Lair was reduced by 6%
Misty Thicket was increased by 33%.
Northern Desert of Ro was increased by 33%.
Southern Desert of Ro was increased by 33%.
Befallen was reduced by 22%.
Oasis of Marr was increased by 33%.
Toxxulia Forest was increased by 33%.
The Hole was increased by 50%.
Neriak Foreign Quarter was not changed.
Neriak Commons was not changed.
Neriak Third Gate was not changed.
Najena was reduced by 4%.
Qeynos Aqueduct System was increased by 25%.
Innothule Swamp was increased by 33%.
The Feerrott was increased by 33%.
Lost Temple of Cazic-Thule was increased by 76%.
Oggok was increased by 33%.
Rathe Mountains was increased by 33%.
Lake Rathetear was increased by 33%.
Grobb was not changed.
Greater Faydark was increased by 33%.
Ak'Anon was not changed.
Steamfont Mountains was increased by 33%.
Lesser Faydark was increased by 33%.
Crushbone was reduced by 22%.
Castle Mistmoore was reduced by 3%.
South Kaladim was increased by 33%.
Northern Felwithe was not changed.
Southern Felwithe was increased by 33%.
Estate of Unrest was reduced by 13%.
Kedge Keep was increased by 63%.
Guk (Top) was reduced by 17%
Ruins of Old Guk (Bottom) was reduced by 6%.
North Kaladim was increased by 33%.
Butcherblock Mountains was increased by 33%.
Ocean of Tears was increased by 33%.
Dagnor's Cauldron was increased by 33%.
Plane of Air was not changed.
Plane of Fear was not changed.
Permafrost Caverns was increased by 88%.
Kerra Isle was increased by 11%.
Paineel was increased by 33%.
Plane of Hate was not changed.
Erud's Crossing was increased by 33%.
Whether the wiki was updated based on these updates and if those changes were tested properly in all zones is another matter.

(EDIT: and the wiki page for anyone looking -> https://wiki.project1999.com/Zem )
Last edited by Swish; 03-13-2023 at 08:06 PM..
Old 03-13-2023, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/bonk Loramin

Whether the wiki was updated based on these updates and if those changes were tested properly in all zones is another matter.

(EDIT: and the wiki page for anyone looking -> https://wiki.project1999.com/Zem )
Loramin wants you to do the work and then takes all the credit.
Old 03-13-2023, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/bonk Loramin

Swish, I know you're British, but surely you understand the meaning of the word "by" ... right?

If the devs said:

Quote:
North Qeynos was increased by 33%.
That means "whatever it used to be (on P99, not EQ emu), plus 33% more" ... but you still have to know what the ZEM used to be for North Qeynos. Knowing that it's 33% more doesn't tell you anything: maybe it used to be 100%, and now it's 133%, or maybe it used to be 200% and now it's 266%.

Again, the wiki started with the EQ Emu numbers, not the P99 numbers. When the devs announced the ZEM changes, people did update the wiki based on them ... but they updated the EQ Emu numbers. The P99 numbers for any given zone might be wildly different from the EQ Emu numbers: we just don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loramin wants you to do the work and then takes all the credit.
No, I don't expect anyone to do it, because it's a metric assload of work. You'd have to take a level 6 to every zone with level 6 mobs, then kill a whole ton of level 6 (not level 5, not level 7) mobs in that zone and record exactly how much XP you got.

Then you'd take a level 6 to another zone, and kill a whole ton more mobs, repeat for every other zone with level 6 mobs, then repeat it again with characters of other levels, in other zones. In every zone you'd have to kill at least 100 (I'd think; a stats nerd might correct me) to be able to see the differences between zones.

Finally, you'd have to plug all that data into a spreadsheet, and compute the baseline across all zones, and then finally you could say "P99 has a ZEM of ____ for zone ___".

... and then the staff would probably change the ZEMs as soon as you publish it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] There's a good reason we have innacurate ZEMs in the wiki: getting accurate ones is borderline impossible.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-13-2023 at 09:50 PM..
Old 03-14-2023, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

I believe in the wiki numbers as a baseline generally. Lake of Ill Omen is a grindfest which is why those sarnak fort ledge groups haven't been a consistent thing beyond the first year of Kunark on blue.

Unrest/Highkeep/etc on the other hand? Yes its quick (its still quick despite the mentioned reductions).

So....with some (flawed I'm sure) self experience of where's been good to me over the years I think we're closer to the original values from EQemu/EZserver/etc than you think. The well trodden path here is for a reason.

Double XP in Gorge versus what we had before whatever it was. I suggest people make use of those kinds of zones.
Old 03-14-2023, 03:21 AM
Planar Protector

Oh there were further updates to the one I quoted, nothing like muddying things a little more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Based on the ones further up, these changes were made.

Quote:
runnyeye -15%
beholder -15%
blackburrow -5%
paw -15%
soldunga -5%
soldungb +15%
befallen -5%
najena -5%
qcat -5%
cazicthule -15%
crushbone -5%
mistmoore +10%
kedge -15%
guktop -5%
gukbottom +15%
airplane +10%
fearplane +10%
permafrost -15%
hateplane +15%
arena +10%
soltemple +10%
fieldofbone +10%
warslikswood +10%
hole -15%
droga +7%
swampofnohope +10%
firiona +10%
lakeofillomen +10%
dreadlands +10%
burningwood +10%
kaesora +5%
sebilis +11%
citymist +11%
skyfire +8%
frontiermtns +10%
overthere +10%
emeraldjungle +10%
trakanon +10%
timorous +10%
kurn -15%
stonebrunt +10%
warrens -15%
karnor +11%
chardok +11%
dalnir +1%
charasis +11%
nurga +7%
veeshan +15%
iceclad +10%
frozenshadow +11%
velketor +11%
kael +11%
skyshrine +11%
thurgadina +11%
eastwastes +10%
cobaltscar +10%
greatdivide +10%
wakening +10%
westwastes +8%
crystal +11%
necropolis +11%
templeveeshan +11%
sirens +11%
mischiefplane +5%
growthplane +13%
sleeper +11%
thurgadinb +11%
That -15% on the Hole cleared out a lot of the regulars you'd see in there.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I believe in the wiki numbers as a baseline generally. Lake of Ill Omen is a grindfest which is why those sarnak fort ledge groups haven't been a consistent thing beyond the first year of Kunark on blue.

Unrest/Highkeep/etc on the other hand? Yes its quick (its still quick despite the mentioned reductions).

So....with some (flawed I'm sure) self experience of where's been good to me over the years I think we're closer to the original values from EQemu/EZserver/etc than you think. The well trodden path here is for a reason.

Double XP in Gorge versus what we had before whatever it was. I suggest people make use of those kinds of zones.
Oh I agree: I'm sure lots of ZEMs started out the same or similar to the stock EQ Emu ones ... but I'm also pretty sure (from my own experience) that some aren't.

The hard part is, without objective data, there's no way to know which are which ... or if they are similar, how similar. LOIO might have a low ZEM, sure, but is it exactly 83 like the wiki says (which actually would be about 110%, since the baseline is 75)?

Old 03-14-2023, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Basically, the wiki numbers can give you a general idea of which zones have a high ZEM and even which one is higher than another, but don't count on the proportions to be accurate.