Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-13-2023, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Good suggestion Fox, I like that.
Old 03-13-2023, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Weighting rolls based on the number of mobs killed in a challenge makes sense.
Using the Sleepy Challenge as an example - Riot kills 4 mobs in 24 minutes Yelinak sont klandi and ltk, but gets the same chance at the reward as Vanquish who only had to kill Zlandicar. Doing this was a massive investment for Riot and a real challenge because of the delay on the Yelinak spawn. Rolling once per target killed in the challenge makes sense to recognize where guilds invested their time. It disincentivizes guilds from killing more than a single target in a challenge to maximize their prize rolls, optimizing for potential loot rather than challenge completion. Outside of this, I think it was a great event, and I especially like the guild coming together once Yelinak was actually popped and we were facing a clock with 4 dragons to kill and less than 30 minutes. *Game faces* Super fun. Thanks. :Heart:
Old 03-13-2023, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

As Diamond pointed out, one of the harder parts of open server rolls is handling the loot. Not just figuring out who won, but making sure they get to it, particularly if it's for a character who is not present (because of desyncing, death, or otherwise).

Is staff able to extend the duration of mob corpses? That wouldn't necessarily solve any of the issues, but it would at least make sure people had more time to figure it all out without loot rotting.
Old 03-13-2023, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondfist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Firstly, Thanks!!! for putting in the time for creating, and implementing this event.

Without being able to have "Multiple FTEs" This event would have locked up at least one guild entirely making at least some of the other milestones unachievable. Allowing guilds for a special event like this to have "Multiple FTEs" could have seen each guild sending a group or two towards this event as a server, and alleviating the stress on other zones while doing so. This event honestly would be great for the average joe player to assist in due to access, mob levels, straight forward nature, and lack of AEs. There are non raiders and new players who are terrified about stepping into the planes or tov still...
Yea that was basically the idea. Each guild could send a few groups or whatever they can spare while killing other targets. It would make for a good backdrop to the main objectives
Old 03-14-2023, 05:10 AM
Orc

It's great to see events like this. I'm a huge fan of them.

To get the most amount of participants, I think you'd need to do it on a weekend at a time that suits both Euro and NA folks - Saturday or Sundays around 3-5pm ET would probably cover the most amount of people.

Other types of events that could work:
-Travel/logistics type challenges where you have to find/collect/forage lots of things from around the world. Maybe that is a way to create key that opens a room to a new custom event mob.
-Custom mobs - think a giant flurry rabbit who AOE silences at random, or a giant 1m hp bear that is immune to magic and prioritizes attacking halflings, or a boss level mob than spawns other mobs through the fight.
-Ghosts of the Warders - Respawn the warders but in ghost format where only spells can kill them. Once they die they don't respawn but can drop Warder loot.

Would also be a fan of having loot that no longer drops, drop very occasionally for certain events. E.g Hosh Staff.
Old 03-14-2023, 06:27 AM
Orc

I am Europe based so it was 2am for me, however feedback for events:

- I agree with Solist that Guise on blue is super unique. Handing them out now dilutes its charm. It's like the Tink mask and SoD being obtained (not bought lol), you know when you see one that it is original.

- I like the idea of a mob hunt. Hiding the mob in different sizes in different zones (if possible?) sounds like great fun.

- Could we do an event similar to the WoW expansion where users had to gather resources to trigger an event? Maybe run it over a week long period, and the amount of resources obtained by the community dictates the sizes/amounts of the rewards? Is it possible to have a mob that you create that accepts bone chips, pelts, peridots, etc etc and allows staff to keep a tally?
Old 03-14-2023, 08:17 AM
Sarnak

it would be nice if there were some temporary staff lead guild more to participate in the event than actually compete against the guilds that raid to the detriment of their health, finances, and social circle

specifically even if this temporary pug was ineligible for the top tier loot it would be nice to see more successful pugs in the raid scene.

once upon a time knights who say ni used to do 100 man crawls through fear and hate. this sort of community raiding died when the raid rules shifted to lock players out of loot when specific mobs spawned in specific zones.

otherwise this event is a walled garden that benefits toxic players disproportionately than the actual casuals regardless of length of time spent on the server and actual contributions to the server and the community itself
Old 03-15-2023, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Something else I would suggest. We need to recognize specifically what choices are being made and not look at things in isolation. By that I mean giving a RoD for completing RW is huge, but that also means not letting your members roll on 3 vulak loots and whatever else goes open roll. Strictly speaking, it's a bad proposition to lock into when contributing to another kill could result in a better/more enjoyable experience. Everyone was looking at the casuals and smaller guilds to do RW but if you're a casual wouldn't randoming for vulak loot be better? Missing out on 2 hours of the event for a bonus RoD probably isnt a great trade and is certainly less fun. My suggestion would be make it a huge reward and just start spawning raid targets - make it a challenge. People lose RWs because of bugs or mispositioning but this is a challenge. Make it difficult! If veteran raiders know youre going to %^$# with them, it sounds like fun. Pop CT with Narandi, spawn sisters of the spire everywhere that will agro and DT anyone that gets close. Just make it awful. LOL Do rewards on each wave and Narandi completion and make it more difficult each time. Just pop Nexona and watch the dwarves melt and taunt the players "Oh sorry did you want those for wave 3?". Have fun with it. Be awful we can take it. <3
Old 03-15-2023, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Default yes pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbud [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suggested today in P99 blue general possibly have a draft event where each entity gets opportunity to kill all raid content.

Call it a rolling draft?

2 days for each entity to clear ToV, 1 day for kunark bosses, 1 day for planar bosses etc. Would take coordination and possibly team ups for certain encounters.
uhm, yes please - the racing, the arguing, the competition is well not a great player experience. People want to experience content. Lets find an agreeable way to do that.
Old 03-16-2023, 12:07 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am Europe based so it was 2am for me, however feedback for events:

- I agree with Solist that Guise on blue is super unique. Handing them out now dilutes its charm. It's like the Tink mask and SoD being obtained (not bought lol), you know when you see one that it is original.

- I like the idea of a mob hunt. Hiding the mob in different sizes in different zones (if possible?) sounds like great fun.

- Could we do an event similar to the WoW expansion where users had to gather resources to trigger an event? Maybe run it over a week long period, and the amount of resources obtained by the community dictates the sizes/amounts of the rewards? Is it possible to have a mob that you create that accepts bone chips, pelts, peridots, etc etc and allows staff to keep a tally?
We'll work on some euro friendly stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If not Guise or a classic item, what item would you offer as the All Milestone complete prize?