Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-06-2023, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would still have Robe of the Azure Sky since it has 5 more resists than Shroud. Monk gear especially has less options for resistance gear, unlike plate.
Highly doubt any monk is taking robe over shroud you also get a boatload of sta which you could always swap in more resist stuff to make up that 5 sv
Old 03-06-2023, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would still have Robe of the Azure Sky since it has 5 more resists than Shroud. Monk gear especially has less options for resistance gear, unlike plate.
nah
Old 03-06-2023, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highly doubt any monk is taking robe over shroud
You would have both, and swap to Robe of Azure Sky when you need more resistances. Monks have a bit more trouble maxing out their resistances due to having no good resistance options for Legs, Feet, and Arms. Silver chains can work for legs, but they are very heavy.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, that's not BiS. You have a bunch of sub-optimal items with lots of stam like Earring of Living Flame, Net of the Deep Sea and to a lesser extent Ancient Wyvern Hide Tunic. They can all be replaced by items with more raw HP and/or other desirable effects. This is why you go stam.
That could explain it. Net of the Deep Sea has highest AC though and EB is fun. Cloak of the Firestorm has 5sta less and Falling Stars if you go for MR has NO stamina. Runs with the theme of the shawl too, if you go for MR instead of AC then stamina does make the most sense then.

So I guess solo dungeon hero goes dex, MR raiding hero goes sta? Seems about right?
Old 03-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A bis monk would have a shroud, sorry you dont got warder loot
Aren't most shroud monks humans? tsk tsk tsk.

Sadly it's also too ugly to be considered BIS by any credible metric. It's one of those cursed items. If you have it youll have to wear it forever even though you look like poop, literally.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I guess solo dungeon hero goes dex, MR raiding hero goes sta? Seems about right?
Personally solo I would still go STA. DEX is still easier to cap if you are soloing in BiS gear due to having Avatar proc.
Old 03-06-2023, 03:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Personally solo I would still go STA. DEX is still easier to cap if you are soloing in BiS gear due to having Avatar proc.
But wouldnt max AC be your best bet for solo? With max AC BIS kit you will cap sta, even if you did not leg stamina buff would get you there. And like I said, going dex means faster avatar proc.

Sure, MR has its uses too (for solo) but more than AC? I wonder...
Old 03-06-2023, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But wouldnt max AC be your best bet for solo? With max AC BIS kit you will cap sta, even if you did not leg stamina buff would get you there. And like I said, going dex means faster avatar proc.

Sure, MR has its uses too (for solo) but more than AC? I wonder...
With BiS gear you are well over the softcap. Softcap is 289 worn ac, and your Magelo is currently at roughly 500 worn ac.

Even when swapping out resistance gear you are going to be well over 400 worn ac. You don't need to worry about ac at that point.

It's an interesting idea to wonder about how much faster 20 DEX will proc your avatar initially, but in the long run I don't forsee it being a big issue. If you have Holgaresh Elder Beads you will just proc avatar on eyes anyway, so it isn't like you are losing HP by waiting on a proc while fighting in combat.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-06-2023 at 04:04 PM..
Old 03-06-2023, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
With BiS gear you are well over the softcap. Softcap is 289 worn ac, and your Magelo is currently at roughly 500 worn ac.

Even when swapping out resistance gear you are going to be well over 400 worn ac. You don't need to worry about ac at that point.

It's an interesting idea to wonder about how much faster 20 DEX will proc your avatar initially, but in the long run I don't forsee it being a big issue. If you have Holgaresh Elder Beads you will just proc avatar on eyes anyway, so it isn't like you are losing HP by waiting on a proc while fighting in combat.
Good point about the beads. This I did not consider yet.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Dude, no real monk has the bag space for carrying something like that. Any that do are shitter's collecting shinies, not winning mobs.

Also if we're using that logic, he should carry a Ssra's eyepatch for the extra +1 to all over the doze face.

/bonk

Anyway, why is that monk magelo being used anyway, it's pretty far from BiS or ideal for anything.
FoN+Gharns for stats & DPS over abashi.
ST Earring
Vulak face over doze arguably. it's a tossup.
Probably SS boots over destroyer for HP
Vyemm range over a shuriken
PD robe over ikky chest

Huge amount of resists missing from that for no real loss.
Last edited by Solist; 03-06-2023 at 08:14 PM..