You know what they say:

"One man's ookie dookie butter is another mans spookie ookie strutter."
Old 07-29-2023, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Preferred double epics on my Ranger over 2h
Old 07-29-2023, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Preferred double epics on my Ranger over 2h
its worse dps at end game, my cek 2h does much better than my kflame and epic off.
Old 07-30-2023, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

For knights? Not bad if you want to keep AC up and bash if no slam. Dps drops a lot but that’s not what you’re there for. Any extra chance to stop a gater is worth it.

On like plugging away at ToV stuff? Nah 1h sucks.

Warriors, rangers, and monks most 2h’s currently beat em. At least tier per tier comparisons. Definitely easier to loot a 1.15 ratio weap than two BiS 1h’s.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-30-2023 at 12:17 AM..
Old 07-30-2023, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its worse dps at end game, my cek 2h does much better than my kflame and epic off.
It’s nice when soloing. Swarmcaller dps sucks and I’d rather just swap in 1 wep instead of 2 after proc. Better stats too. Not saying it’s better dps overall. Just preferred.
Old 07-30-2023, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s nice when soloing. Swarmcaller dps sucks and I’d rather just swap in 1 wep instead of 2 after proc. Better stats too. Not saying it’s better dps overall. Just preferred.
its only nice when soloing cause ya dont have a good tov 2h, even soloing 2h is better. no need to bother slowing when just grinding normal stuff less ya doing very particular stuff like juggs with duo.
Old 07-30-2023, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

I think everybody agrees 2h is currently better in P99 right now from a parse and damage reduction standpoint.

1h feels more fun though, in my opinion. I use Baton of Royal Stature and Adamantite Club on my Monk because it feels fun, and I am still killing the mobs I want to at a good rate. I have an IFS too, which I use when I need to maximize my DPS.
Old 07-30-2023, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its only nice when soloing cause ya dont have a good tov 2h, even soloing 2h is better. no need to bother slowing when just grinding normal stuff less ya doing very particular stuff like juggs with duo.
I guess it depends on the solo target. SK’s have notoriously used willsappers to farm level 50+ targets and borked their dps hoping for a 35% slow. The drop between a Meljeldin and normal DW setup (or even an swarmcaller) isn’t that severe and the slow is better.

For most stuff with a ranger, 2h and nukes to keep dps high probably makes more sense than hoping for rng. Unless your earthcaller is on par with your 2h as mentioned.
Old 07-30-2023, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If I got cek 2h I’d prob still use double epics for grinding xp since rangers can’t mitigate for shit. I don’t think the dps difference is substantial enough to totally ditch trying to slow. Like the herb spade I found wasn’t really worth giving up double epics for. Obviously cek 2h is better but I haven’t played with that on a Ranger to know if it’s worth it. Is it truly THAT much better.