Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 02-27-2023, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my 40 cha bard with crusty armor on is doing fine. put your points into stamina at start. end game velious gear will do the rest

On the yellow server, there will be even more enchanters since they can do what you do but better. this happened late blue, all of green. we got like two decades of experience here man
And yet, as time and time again proves, appeal to authority is a logical fallacy.

People still figuring out how to play classic wow better with the knowledge they have now gleaned.

It's the exact same here. The stats and links I have provided fly in the direct face of *conventional wisdom* on these forums.

And I'm going to press that point until someone posts statistics and data that are better than those sources provided.

Otherwise, everything else said here is meaningless boomer ego dribble.

Old 02-27-2023, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do any of you have an actual source better than the links and stats I have provided?

Like, do ANY of you have empirical evidence?

It's a simple yes or no.
I mained it for years in, was in a team , Ib, then rampage (fasttimes) then changed mains in velious . Sta/hp is 2nd most important stat to resists. You can believe what you want tho DSM
Old 02-27-2023, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Never played bard beyond lvl 20 but I'll chip in and since we're having the discussion I take it we're minmaxing for endgame.

Look at a kit of bard BIS gear on your selected race of choice OR your ideal set of gear that you can stomach farming.

- Which stats aren't capped that aren't wisdom and agi?

- Do we wanna be as strong as possible solo self buffed or in a group or raid? What do we wish to achieve in either setting?

Unless you make it clear what the parameters are there's no point in arguing because it's apples and oranges really.
Old 02-27-2023, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

DEX cause when you are clicking a new song every 3 seconds any fizzles are just super duper annoying.
Old 02-27-2023, 05:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mained it for years in, was in a team , Ib, then rampage (fasttimes) then changed mains in velious . Sta/hp is 2nd most important stat to resists. You can believe what you want tho DSM
Mained it for years is not evidence. All I hear is "I've made suboptimal characters for nearly two decades, and never bothered questioning if I was wrong in doing so."

Post stats/evidence or get out.

It's literally that simple.

Save that Freudian interest in a random poster's genitals for whatever coom-brained, degenerate, shit subreddit you're used to posting in.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 02-27-2023 at 06:01 PM..
Old 02-27-2023, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mained it for years is not evidence.

Post stats/evidence or get out.

It's literally that simple.
np DSM, take care
Old 02-27-2023, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Waa, i cant get people to play my numbers game.
AGI for the win.
Like the WIS Necro.
It's true, game has been played to death.
The only true min/max option left is playing suboptimally, for the challenge.
Are you up to the challenge, big boy?
My mother thinks you are not.
Old 02-27-2023, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AGI for the win.
Like the WIS Necro.
Ha! I've practically done this challenge for Green. Tried to go for an agility-based build for level 1-60. Serpentine bracers, dragonhorn boots, cat-o-nine-tails and everything.

It was an interesting challenge, and I learned a lot of things about subtle p99 combat mechanics.

It did eventually have its limitations so after about 6 months or so I have since then switched to a more conventional hp-is-king approach to do some solo challenges with a lot more success. I rarely have any buffs so an extra 100hp makes an impact on almost every fight (current vs. total hp vs. mob hp vs. mob max hit are all interesting variables of combat mechanics no one ever talks about).

cheers,

Astuce
Old 02-27-2023, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AGI for the win.
Like the WIS Necro.
Nah you nerds just can't admit you were wrong the whole time. Getting blasted by anyone with the ability to search google and an excel spreadsheet.

Old 02-27-2023, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

I created a test Magelo with BiS gear. It is a human since they start with 85 DEX and 85 CHA. This means it is easy to see what stat is higher after you apply gear. I put 12 points into DEX, 12 points into CHA, and 1 point into STR (just to avoid having DEX or CHA being higher).

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_...rdVeliousBiS01

As I thought, CHA is the harder stat to cap with BiS gear, so I would dump into CHA during character creation. A Human's STA is 246 pre-buffed, so dumping into STA would end up being a waste. CHA is like 50 points behind DEX. At 172 CHA, you would still end up being under 200 CHA pre-buffed after dumping 25 points into it. Bards may switch to different instruments other than epic in certain situations, so stats will change a bit based on what instrument you are using. Even taking that into account, you aren't going to be in a situation where CHA becomes higher than DEX.

Obviously people in non-BiS gear will have more variation in what their stats are, but generally speaking the trend with Velious era gear for melee classes is a focus on melee stats (STR, STA, DEX, AGI), and less focus on WIS, INT, and CHA.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-27-2023 at 09:17 PM..