Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-21-2023, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you aren’t a race that can slam, and if you can’t get epic/not twinked , then I’d probably stick with a 1h until 60 because you’re going to want to fear kite eventually and bash/slam makes this much more tolerable. If you’re an ogre/troll then just go 2h and don’t look back.
That is a good point, Bash is great for fear kiting if you have a short runway. The stun reduces the mob's total run distance. Howling Stones north ramp is a good example where that is necessary. So to some degree the decision could be swayed by what camps you plan on Fear Kiting at.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:29 PM
Fire Giant

I'm like a broken record when it comes to the advantages of a 2her, but people are over thinking it. With Shard, you'll cruise through the levels and by 46 you'll be fear kiting anyway. I'd just start grinding then pick up a Reaver whenever you find one—since they are significantly rarer. Between the two, you get a 1h and 2h and a magic weapon. This will take you all the way to 60 or you grab a Narandi's/raid weapon along the way.

Argent Protector is just kind of a mediocre option. Ebon Mace/Noct blade are just worse Shard's of Night. Another viable option is to just stick to non-magic mobs and use a Reaver (e.g. live in HHK).
Old 02-21-2023, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm like a broken record when it comes to the advantages of a 2her, but people are over thinking it. With Shard, you'll cruise through the levels and by 46 you'll be fear kiting anyway. I'd just start grinding then pick up a Reaver whenever you find one—since they are significantly rarer. Between the two, you get a 1h and 2h and a magic weapon. This will take you all the way to 60 or you grab a Narandi's/raid weapon along the way.

Argent Protector is just kind of a mediocre option. Ebon Mace/Noct blade are just worse Shard's of Night. Another viable option is to just stick to non-magic mobs and use a Reaver (e.g. live in HHK).
It’s worth noting that the shard looks like shit with a shield.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s worth noting that the shard looks like shit with a shield.
It's a shame too.

Such a sick weapon and it looks like a Rusty Dagger.
Old 02-22-2023, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

just save for argent protector
Old 02-22-2023, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

I’d have a 1h/shield for groups and a 2h for solo. The dps on a good 1h outside maybe ToV stuff with procs is very low. I’d prob go Noc or Ebon on cost alone, a reaver if you can afford it.

If grouped it’s more the bash for interrupting casters than mitigation. It’s a tanking mini-game to help pass the time.
Old 02-22-2023, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Ya think i've decided to go with noct blade, fbss, and atra shield in that order. They're cheaper to get started, so it'll give me a bit more dps to start saving for that argent protector.

after that i'll go argent protector or reaver.

Should be a nice progression curve if I can stick with it. I was looking at the 2h bonus chart, and you dont really start getting a lot of damage based on your delay until later levels.

Last edited by ya.dingus; 02-22-2023 at 03:25 PM..
Old 02-22-2023, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

In terms of sheer bang for buck, Atramentous Shield is not worth it over Sarnak Battle Shield. It costs like 3-4 times as much and is only marginally better. Of course, if your finances let you think nothing of spending a few thousand on a shield, you're free to do so. It's just objectively not a good investment. They're also nearly impossible to sell again in case you get bored of the SK or upgrade to a different weapon configuration.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In terms of sheer bang for buck, Atramentous Shield is not worth it over Sarnak Battle Shield.
Depends on your race.

If you have natural Infravision already, I agree.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

My sk slums it with a clay guardian shield.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung