Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-22-2023, 01:25 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah don't worry about claiming Turnkey. Just run through LCY, go up the stairs to ramparts, head towards Hands, then take that right before and go down the spiral staircase to basement.

Off to the left in that first main corridor, there are 3 undead. Just beyond them on the left is an empty room. This is entirely safe. Lull out your singles, root/nuke, med, repeat.

More mobs further down the hall, go left, they will be single in their little cubbies so either IVU or use /tar to get your lull targets.
At what level should a cleric safely hunt there?
Old 02-22-2023, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxiglass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At what level should a cleric safely hunt there?
I don't recommend a cleric to solo, ever.

However, as the OP requested, its the best spot for a solo cleric 58-60.

You could probably do it as soon as 55 (exile undead) but you're going to get some lull resists. Bring dat clicky.
Old 02-22-2023, 06:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always zone into HS with HoT then IVU on, that way at most you’ll only take 1 HT.l with healing immediately kicking in after. There’s a spot against the wall in OT by the orb you can cast it and have your key ready to click asap so they don’t attack you. Once in, if you do happen to get 1 HT, should be plenty of time to handle the adds or just da until you figure out your plans.
Pro-tips. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah don't worry about claiming Turnkey. Just run through LCY, go up the stairs to ramparts, head towards Hands, then take that right before and go down the spiral staircase to basement.

Off to the left in that first main corridor, there are 3 undead. Just beyond them on the left is an empty room. This is entirely safe. Lull out your singles, root/nuke, med, repeat.

More mobs further down the hall, go left, they will be single in their little cubbies so either IVU or use /tar to get your lull targets.
This is amazing. Thank you! I'm looking forward to fighting there in the near future. It will be nice to be in a zone with some pickup groups too for when I can be a bit more active.

Quote:
I don't recommend a cleric to solo, ever.

However, as the OP requested, its the best spot for a solo cleric 58-60.

You could probably do it as soon as 55 (exile undead) but you're going to get some lull resists. Bring dat clicky.
I've found soloing on my Cleric to not be too bad relative to other characters I've played. I've leveled a handful of characters to the low-50s, mostly always solo and usually doing an odd sort of restrictive or role play play style, and I've found Cleric to be the only one that I was able to not burn out at level 51 or 54, ha! So, actually, I guess that says more about me than the class, ha!
Old 02-23-2023, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is amazing. Thank you! I'm looking forward to fighting there in the near future. It will be nice to be in a zone with some pickup groups too for when I can be a bit more active.

I've found soloing on my Cleric to not be too bad relative to other characters I've played. I've leveled a handful of characters to the low-50s, mostly always solo and usually doing an odd sort of restrictive or role play play style, and I've found Cleric to be the only one that I was able to not burn out at level 51 or 54, ha! So, actually, I guess that says more about me than the class, ha!
Yeah it'll be slow, but steady. Very rare to be bothered down there with any train shenanigans. If you really want to be safe on an AFK just imp IVU and you're good for 10 minutes.

i'm sure you're already aware, but the key is figuring out which combo of undead DDs finishes off the mob without "overnuking." There are different level mobs down there, so it'll take some adjusting.

I highly recommend investing in a Donal's Bracer if you haven't already. It'll save a TON of mana on that long grind of 58-60.

Pacify is really nice over lull for a solo cleric. As long as you can keep the (approx) 7 minute duration in mind, it'll come in handy more times than you can count.

Can bind outside for quick trips to the entrance when that 60 druid is offering POTGs in /ooc or you find a duo.
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-23-2023 at 11:43 AM..
Old 02-23-2023, 01:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooboredtoquit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Same here, I am a level 55 Cleric, I like the simplicity of the class, fights are fast, and the tools for survivability.

I will wait for your feedback on those mentioned spot. Right now I am soloing in front of lord room in lguk. The spot has single pulls (when you learn all the wandering mobs), great safe afk spots for medding up.

Looking for something similar, somewhere else once mobs will no longer con blue.
Old 02-23-2023, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxiglass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same here, I am a level 55 Cleric, I like the simplicity of the class, fights are fast, and the tools for survivability.

I will wait for your feedback on those mentioned spot. Right now I am soloing in front of lord room in lguk. The spot has single pulls (when you learn all the wandering mobs), great safe afk spots for medding up.

Looking for something similar, somewhere else once mobs will no longer con blue.
Yep. Aint shit for loot (ok, turnkey book of obulus but i digress) - KC basement is your next spot.

There really isnt any easier, more reliable camp for a solo cleric.

Plenty of mobs to go around. If theres a group at Verix you may have to fight their puller for Turnkey hall stuff but just claim it.
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-23-2023 at 02:03 PM..
Old 02-23-2023, 02:37 PM
Orc

Great will try it out 1 day after lguk. Does it have faction hit with OT outpost?
Old 02-23-2023, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Great will try it out 1 day after lguk. Does it have faction hit with OT outpost?
Yah per wiki decayed prisoners have a VS faction hit.
Old 02-23-2023, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yep.

Fortunately you can pay someone with Puppet Strings for a charge and charm the foreman for your OT hammer.
Old 02-27-2023, 07:10 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Toxigen was 100% on point. Choice spot. Safe and straightforward. Little tricky getting there for the first time if you're not comfortable, but no big deal at all and certainly very easy to get to compared to some camps in other places.

I was able to solo very briefly as groups were pulling everything from there to their camps elsewhere both times I checked, but definitely viable for soloing if available (and more mobs than I would be capable of keeping down).

I was also able to get in a pickup group as well, however, mixing in some non-Undead has led to me get a sacrifice in the tunnel as penance.

Thank you!
Last edited by Tooboredtoquit; 02-27-2023 at 07:25 PM..