Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-13-2023, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

TBH my favorite unpopular leveling places I don't really want to talk about because based on the reality of my playtime I will probably need to use the most efficient unpopular solo places so I can level without conflict when I have the time to do it, if I have any hope of playing.

So I am hoping for a popular server, so I can avoid people. /thumbsup
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:16 AM
Fire Giant

List needs to include

Dalnir
ToFS
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 04-07-2023, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but what zone could you level 1 to 60?
I think Ocean of Tears is possible.
Old 04-07-2023, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

There are some zones that I have been in where I have yet to see someone else leveling.

Kitty island on odus
Beholders maze
Eruds crossing

But with the change is ZEM, I have seen CZ, permafrost, runnyeye and a few other obscure zones come to life.

I think one of the original issues with live was that many zones just weren’t worth going to because risk/reward. At the same time that’s kind of what makes EQ so fun, the fact that just because something is hard to do, doesn’t mean it’s worth doing.

So for instance gorge of king xorb is just an all around shitty zone, that’s also hard to get to, that also has high hitting mobs and no good loot camps. Contrast that with estate of unrest, where every mob is like a piece of paper and exp is damn good.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thread got me thinkin, does EQ have a zone where you could do 1-60 without leaving the zone?
10 possible zones that I know of, approximately ordered in terms of viability (least viable = certain levels will be big wastes of time with the NPC's available, or outright impossible for some classes when solo and untwinked):

East Freeport
South Qeynos
Lake of Ill Omen
Butcherblock
Swamp of No Hope
Greater Faydark
Everfrost
Paineel
West Karana
West Freeport (totally unrealistic; from level 54+ the only blue cons are the Sir Lucan Dlere spawns 2x every 7 hours, LOL).
Old 04-22-2023, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10 possible zones that I know of, approximately ordered in terms of viability (least viable = certain levels will be big wastes of time with the NPC's available, or outright impossible for some classes when solo and untwinked):

West Freeport (totally unrealistic; from level 54+ the only blue cons are the Sir Lucan Dlere spawns 2x every 7 hours, LOL).
Eh. Kroon and Inofus, as well as a few randos inside the militia house, can take you past 54. I've done it on a Bard, though it was like pulling teeth at the time. Totally solo, was my first toon on the box during 40% hybrid penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Butcherblock
Completely untrue. Nyzil Bloodforge is Blue to 59 and doesn't have much HP. Hardest part is splitting him from his guards. Can be root rotted by a ranger, though arrows will get expensive if you don't have a Tolans bracer. Put 30% of 59 into that fucker back when 40% hybrid penalty was in play, and have never been able to fix my dwarf factions.

Unpopular zone leveling route to 60 lets go:

Steamfont Mtns 1-15
Gorge of King Xorbb 15-20
Dagnors Cauldron 20-25 (think of all the aqua goblins!)
Sol A 25-35
Great Divide 35-45
Cobalt Scar 45-50
Sol B 50-55
Plane of Mischief 55-60
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 04-22-2023, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kroon and Inofus, as well as a few randos inside the militia house, can take you past 54. I've done it on a Bard, though it was like pulling teeth at the time.
They don't give full exp at 54 though, no? So yeah you can exp on them, but it's very slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely untrue.
I'm not sure what you mean? I didn't talk about Butcherblock for the high levels. The bottleneck for that zone is some of the lower levels.
Old 04-23-2023, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
They don't give full exp at 54 though, no? So yeah you can exp on them, but it's very slow.
Level 40 mobs are blue through 54, and turn green once you hit 55.
Old 04-23-2023, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

The first level a mob turns green they still seem to be reasonable xp.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 04-24-2023, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Lots of people have used Gorge to level since they increased the Zem there. Its really fast. Not like a pick up grouping zone of course, but I solo leveled there a bit myself. You can single pull minos and mudmen near the EK zone side all day, and the occasional eye they aren't even all that hard.