Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 02-02-2023, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

We got the hand wraps, we switched back to an area with mostly blues and it has been amazing. This is even before I have regen or canni.

Trying to find a good spot 22 to 24, seems most places have a mix of whites/yellows and dark blues in kurns are getting to be too sparse for a duo.

Thanks again everyone! Night and day with your advice.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might not even bother rooting something; you can alternately stand and take a few hits while the monk peels it off. That saves the running around and hassle. As a shaman you'll want to make sure you level your defense skill anyway.
thats a really solid point, totally forgot about that
Old 02-02-2023, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to find a good spot 22 to 24, seems most places have a mix of whites/yellows and dark blues in kurns are getting to be too sparse for a duo.
You're both Iksar right? Probably trying to stay close to Cab?
Old 02-02-2023, 05:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're both Iksar right? Probably trying to stay close to Cab?
Yes, I was debating soloing up a troll for JBB to swap out for my iks, but not sure I'll have the motivation for that.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I was debating soloing up a troll for JBB to swap out for my iks, but not sure I'll have the motivation for that.
JBB is very good for leveling, but you are already duoing with your wife. It's better for when you are soloing. Unless you really think you can gain those 20ish levels back quickly, I wouldn't worry at this point. If you were only level 10 I would say it may be worth rerolling.

That being said, if you do decide to roll Troll, it isn't too difficult to be an Iksar outside of Kunark. You can get wolf form in EC when your wife needs to train new monk skills, and a troll will be able to buy stuff for both of you since they aren't as hated. Monks can also sneak behind merchants and buy/sell.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Reroll if you want. Jbb is a cool toy to have. I’ve rerolled in the 50s. It’s really not a big deal. There’s no rush, get as much enjoyment as you can along the way. As a troll you can just hang near ec/wc and get Druids to buff you then just plow through the levels in befallen.

Also trolls get the clicky snare necklace which will come in handy since you have a monk with you.
Last edited by Crede; 02-02-2023 at 07:20 PM..
Old 02-02-2023, 09:46 PM
Sarnak

I probably will reroll troll, not a huge issue as was said before with EC buffs and I could have her help sometimes too with fd dps.

Amazing community as always.
Old 02-03-2023, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I probably will reroll troll, not a huge issue as was said before with EC buffs and I could have her help sometimes too with fd dps.

Amazing community as always.
Good choice. Make sure to go innoruuk for the clinging darkness necklace.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Don't re-roll. That is god awful advice you're getting and shame on these veterans for steering you in that direction. You have a monk as a static duo there is no need for a JBB.

Save the money and upgrade your wife's weapon (IFS), haste (RBG / RBB), and HP / str gear. You'll get WAY more bang for your buck doing that than a stupid JBB you'll only want to click in niche situations.

I don't know of a good place near Cab for your level...but if you're willing to empty your inventory (bring some spells for future levels) you could bring the wife to Unrest. Its a great beginner friendly, classic dungeon.

I'd try to bring her around to as many dungeons as possible, honestly. Keeps things fresh and challenging (having to learn new areas).

I'm still shocked these guys were seriously recommending re-roll for a 20k item you have utterly ZERO need for. /facepalm
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-03-2023 at 02:44 PM..
Old 02-03-2023, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

We’re talking about rerolling in the 20s. Not at 59 and 3/4. Jbb will be clicked a lot when you get it, and the snare neck should also be clicked on like every mob to makes the monks life easier. Those are 2 things 100% worth considering if you’re having some doubts. As mentioned before iksars main benefit is robe fashion.