Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 01-23-2023, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

My Erudite SK who is 53 is still sporting these guys... Clickes are always fun...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Forged_Shackles
Old 01-23-2023, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My Erudite SK who is 53 is still sporting these guys... Clickes are always fun...

This guy failed on all 3 servers, probably not best to follow the advice.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy failed on all 3 servers, probably not best to follow the advice.
Hi Sunshine!
Old 01-23-2023, 05:53 PM
Orc

Wow, GREAT stuff folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erudites have a nice resist set IMO
I suppose that's true. My resistances are CRAZY and my gear isn't even really spec'd into that. Very vulnerable to poison/disease but pfft whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately not: All shadow knights have access to Reclaim Energy-
Oh. Uh... G-good. :') Good for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

OooooOOOOOOooooo... I ADORE clickies and this one... Well, it depends. How much aggro does this generate? If it's even slightly noticeable I'm totally that dude who would weave this in between swings at every opportunity I get. I basically refuse to play casters without a Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring

A question: Does this thing have range? Last time I saw an item like this it was a Ball of Velium. Got it for a monk to assist in pulling, only to find that the casting range is so short it's basically completely unusable. This would still be good if just because of its cast time, but if this thing also happens to have range, I might seriously consider chucking my bow in lieu of some sort of stat boosting range-slot item. Gotta give this erudite's stats every chance to succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quick tip: Erudite's helm graphic is determined by what gloves they're using.
Ah yes, I've heard this a few times elsewhere. The uh... the issue with trying to get my fashion right via my gloves is I'm totally unwilling to sacrifice my Silver Chitin Hand Wraps. In fact, I don't anticipate ever being able to upgrade from this item. The closest thing to an accessible haste upgrade that I can see from the Haste Guide list is the Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt. And that thing apparently goes for 20k+ so I'm left to assume that it's much much harder to get than it's leading on.

I know that as an SK (especially one grouped perpetually with a rogue) I don't strictly NEED a haste item at all... But I do enough independent work that I want it. Besides, at level 40, my DPS is still matters, even next to the rogue. I'm not totally outclassed. Yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... because if you plan on getting a crown of narandi-
HAHAHAHAHA... ME get an item like THAT? That's a good one. Like I said, this character is 100% absolutely positively not going to raid. It's not gonna happen. I have to work with what I can realistically acquire as a solo, or at most, as part of a group. I main a 59 necro so I can access quite a lot, but obviously I'll never be in a position where I can take down a level 65 mob with 285k hp. Absolute fantasy.
Old 01-23-2023, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know that as an SK (especially one grouped perpetually with a rogue) I don't strictly NEED a haste item at all... But I do enough independent work that I want it. Besides, at level 40, my DPS is still matters, even next to the rogue. I'm not totally outclassed. Yet.
Level 30+ try and get an Argent Protector. They're only around 2.5k and it's a solid 2-hander.

You'll melt through blues when you solo.
Old 01-23-2023, 06:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
try and get an Argent Protector.
Perhaps one day. 2.5k is definitely attainable for me (albeit, rather miserably). For now, my Axe of Lost Souls is doing very well.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps one day. 2.5k is definitely attainable for me (albeit, rather miserably). For now, my Axe of Lost Souls is doing very well.
Get an oggok cleaver. If you are tap-swinging it’s pretty much no loss in dps.

44/60 for like 300p
Old 01-23-2023, 09:00 PM
Banned

My favorite SK:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-24-2023, 04:05 AM
Orc

Quote:
A question: Does this thing have range? Last time I saw an item like this it was a Ball of Velium. Got it for a monk to assist in pulling, only to find that the casting range is so short it's basically completely unusable.
I'm the proud new owner of some Ice Forged Shackles. For anyone reading this in the future one day, sadly these shackles are indeed range restricted and basically only work when within melee range. No good for pulling. At all.

That being said, for spamming between attacks? I LOVE EM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Free damage! Probably some aggro too! Still haven't had a chance to test their aggro abilities.
Old 01-24-2023, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm the proud new owner of some Ice Forged Shackles. For anyone reading this in the future one day, sadly these shackles are indeed range restricted and basically only work when within melee range. No good for pulling. At all.

That being said, for spamming between attacks? I LOVE EM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Free damage! Probably some aggro too! Still haven't had a chance to test their aggro abilities.
its just a like 12 point dd, theres no aggro to it, barely any dmg to it. you are better off casting one of your debuffs in that timeframe then 12 point DD. the range is too shit to work as a pull since its like basically melee range. hope that helps.