Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 01-22-2023, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Erudin for cleric?

Got that steelsilk, got them uniques, what you guys think? Quell's got that sweet calm neck.

Old 01-22-2023, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Thought about gnome too but eh, dunno

Old 01-22-2023, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

All clerics get the paci bracer which is better than the calm neck so that’s not a big deal. Steelsilk is fine if ya don’t want to upgrade it, velious custom helm is bugged on erudite. Not a bad option though I’d go a cha based quell build just research armor looks if you ever plan to upgrade the steelsilk since erudites start to look a little strange imo.
Old 01-22-2023, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All clerics get the paci bracer which is better than the calm neck so that’s not a big deal. Steelsilk is fine if ya don’t want to upgrade it, velious custom helm is bugged on erudite. Not a bad option though I’d go a cha based quell build just research armor looks if you ever plan to upgrade the steelsilk since erudites start to look a little strange imo.
Is the erudite/human only gear worth or nah?

I mean, at that point, are we just basically saying High elf with maximum cha is the go to?

Old 01-22-2023, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

could always go gnome. i mean, how really important are base stats anymore? probably not.

Old 01-22-2023, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

As long as you don’t go Dwarf getting good charisma should be doable om any race with Velious out as long as you dump points into cha upon character creation. Definitely easier with a human or high elf though.

Some swear by sneak, seems like outside a few areas it’s really just useful for vendoring and the odd quests. Halfling yo.

Others want the snare innoruuk neck. Human or dark elf yooo. Humans also get fear clicky for manafree fear kiting, probably gimmicky.

High elf root necklace can be a real manasaver. They also get great wis and cha.

Gnomes have terrible stats but like I said, it’s velious. No clickies but gnome size and wallhack is sweet, especially for lulls.

Erudites get 5MR and have passable stats.

TLDR: Human inoruuk cleric is best. You get clickies, robes, well rounded faction and good charisma and good stats overall. Gnome is coolest. But go with whatever you think looks best because now gear can compensate for any stat weakness.
Old 01-22-2023, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya.dingus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the erudite/human only gear worth or nah?

I mean, at that point, are we just basically saying High elf with maximum cha is the go to?
Human inny worth it I think to get snare necklace and the human/erudite fear mask and deadeye helm not to mention superior fashion over erudite. Will have nice evil faction as well like ot hammer should be fairly easy to quest. Go all cha and don’t look back. Good luck!
Old 01-22-2023, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve never clicked my fear mask. Occasionally snare neck when you can’t trust the snare group member. The helm is really good. GCD and junk buff. Ugly as sin on humans though.

At this point I might lean ERU for a better helm fashion and the calm click necklace. If I duoed without a snare person I’d change that opinion quick though.
Old 01-23-2023, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Human inny worth it I think to get snare necklace and the human/erudite fear mask and deadeye helm not to mention superior fashion over erudite. Will have nice evil faction as well like ot hammer should be fairly easy to quest. Go all cha and don’t look back. Good luck!
I have a hman inny cleric with the fear mask, deadeye helm, and snare neck. It is nice to have the helm for a GCD item and see invis/infra. The fear kiting also helps with leveling in some areas since you can fear kite living mobs. Biggest problem is the snare sucks, so trying to melee can be a pain since they move pretty fast over 50% HP. JBoots would help in that regard, but she doesn't have them.
Old 01-23-2023, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High elf root necklace can be a real manasaver. They also get great wis and cha.
You definitely have to root a ton in groups from all the aggro you generate.