Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-22-2023, 04:03 AM
Planar Protector

Default Is spamming your lowest lvl spell of a school the quickest way to lvl the skill?

Suppose I neglected by Evocation skill for like 40+ levels and want to train it up to 200+ from like 30. Is the quickest way to do that just spamming my lowest lvl / mana nuke on a mob 15-20 lvls lower me?

Or does spell level, mob level, or other things increase the skill up rate?
Old 03-22-2023, 06:05 AM
Planar Protector

Doesn't apply to evocation (afaik - due to lack of appropriate clickies), but if you have a instaclicky version of a spell in your book you can quickly level up a skill by spamming that.

Like a SK levelling up by spamming grim aura on their sword of pain.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 03-22-2023, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't apply to evocation (afaik - due to lack of appropriate clickies), but if you have a instaclicky version of a spell in your book you can quickly level up a skill by spamming that.

Like a SK levelling up by spamming grim aura on their sword of pain.
Does it have to be an instant clicky? I honestly can't say I have ever seen a skill gain from a clicky, but maybe I haven't been looking closely enough.

I have noticed Evocation will raise much faster than other casting skills, at least when being cast on monsters.

As for the original question, I believe (with no proof except anecdote) that casting higher level spells will indeed have a higher chance to raise the skill. However the obvious trade off being that higher level spells cost a lot more mana. I typically just spam the lowest mana spell I have as I find that faster over all.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Suppose I neglected by Evocation skill for like 40+ levels and want to train it up to 200+ from like 30. Is the quickest way to do that just spamming my lowest lvl / mana nuke on a mob 15-20 lvls lower me?

This is a great question, and while I can't answer directly, what I do is just spam the lowest cost spell over and over. It definitely works!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-23-2023, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes. Specifically because a fizzle still consumed a portion of the spell mana. So higher level spell means more mana consumed which means less casts vs the lower level spell.