Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 01:11 PM
Senior Server Guide

Default 11/29/2022 Petition Results

Vanquish Vs Riot - King Tormax - 9/29/22
This petition is thrown out.
Riot conceded 2x in this petition. As far as we could tell vanquish did not try to communicate that they were going to petition this and escalate it. Riot had reason to believe that 2x was good in this situation. we don't believe it was a malicious act based on the petition and defense contents. It sounded like a chaotic quake and we all know that mistakes happen.

Riot vs Vanquish TOV entrance train 11/6/22
Vanquish is raid suspended for one week starting tonight at 11:59 midnight. Lasting until 12/6 at 11:59 midnight.
This kind of train is the worst kind of train and the kind that we hate to see the most. You guys trained several guilds at the TOV entrance. Communication between the two guilds was lack luster as well. As far as I know Riot gave you a pretty good option but you declined it.

The moral of this story is communication is key
Last edited by Visceryn; 12-06-2022 at 10:54 PM..
Old 11-29-2022, 07:49 PM
Server GM

Greetings!

Quote:
Riot vs Vanquish TOV entrance train 11/6/22
Vanquish is raid suspended for one week starting tonight at 11:59 midnight. Lasting until 12/6 at 11:59 midnight.
This kind of train is the worst kind of train and the kind that we hate to see the most. You guys trained several guilds at the TOV entrance and then tried to concede a couple hot minis. That just wasn't good enough. Communication between the two guilds was lack luster as well. As far as I know Riot gave you a pretty good option but you declined it.
This raid petition has been asked to be appealed. Within the next week; I will examine and potentially contact involved parties for additional information required for my assessment. To be resoundingly clear: Lead-GM Appeals should be rare and only utilized as the last option when it is felt an error has been made in a raid petition ruling. Please note the following:

If it is discovered a resolution too harsh or error in judgment was made by CSR Staff; I will take corrective measures, as appropriate.

If it is discovered CSR Staff enforced less severe disciplinary action, ruling against expectations I have set for them, the appealing party may earn a much severe penalty.

In these matters; my adjudication is final and will not be eligible for further discussions. CSR Staff are excluded from the appeals process and communication to them during that process does not impact my final decision. Please continue to utilize the appropriate UN channel to voice questions, comments, or concerns as those channels were created for the sole purpose of raid discussions. The appeals process is time consuming and is a drain on resources that could be better utilized towards server development.

At this time, until further notice, disciplinary actions for this raid petition have been paused.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:13 PM
Server GM

During this appeal investigation I looked at all affected parties; Not just those that have submitted a raid petition. It’s our goal to support every player on this server. While this may be seen as unprecedented in the context of raid disputes, training and overall zone disruption is also a standard component of our Play Nice Policy, which raids rules complement, but do not supersede.

The incident in question took place on November 6th during an Earthquake. Through my investigation I found there were two attempts from a party (not Riot) at communication to Vanquish leadership. One in the form of OOC, the other was a tell to Vanquish leadership. Neither received a response. The tell was a bit shrewd for my taste but it was still an attempt to reach out. We expect everyone to open a line of communication with some kind of composure. There were no other channels opened during the Earthquake event.

While I understand Riot was fact finding at the time, opening that initial line of communication is extremely important to the CSR team. We want to see that guilds are trying to solve these types of issues in the moment, rather than just waiting to proceed to a formal dispute. In a perfect world, the offending party would state they goofed up, take a time out, assist the affected entities in recovering, and then resume. This is the right thing to do and what we expect everyone to do.

While there’s speculation that players were too close and agroing mobs into the ToV entrance, it's in my opinion the quantity of mobs(especially multiple named) shouldn’t be anywhere near ToV entrance. Especially during a quake when there’s already chaos at this location which is generally a staging point for many entities. Whether or not this pull tactic was intended, it not only caused the train, but also could be considered a form of zone disruption for other players attempting to play in the zone.
It is worth calling out that we have not seen Vanquish deny that they were responsible for this train, and I do believe it was accidental, and with no malicious intent.

There has been speculation that entities lost mobs/targets due to this train, but that is a hard thing to completely prove. It is clear that this slowed down everyone involved during an event where every second counts. I do commend Vanquish for making an effort to concede multiple mobs after the fact, and do not believe the conceded mobs fit the crime but I also believe a full week-long raid suspension is too aggressive. That being said, this issue clearly impacted a sizable number of players attempting to enjoy the earthquake. Instead of the full suspension, I will be introducing a more targeted approach that I believe will be more appropriate for this type of event.

Vanquish is raid suspended from North ToV for a week. This is due to the zone the train was in and timing.
This suspension will start at 11:59 PM EST on the 7th of December.

In addition, Vanquish will have a 1 hour time-out the moment the next Earthquake is announced (system message) in game. Vanquish may gather a raid force outside a zone entrance during this time, but they may not enter the zone itself or engage any raid targets. Accidental FTEs on mobs (like Sontalak) or zone ins must be announced in OOC immediately and corrective actions must be taken.
This disciplinary action will start once the North ToV suspension is served.
Closed Thread