Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 11-30-2022, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve never understood how defense and offense and weapon caps apply to actual damage output and mitigation. It seems almost unrelated or like AC has variable impact
ive never seen a detailed description that really fleshed this out but you can use the link below to get a rough idea:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Me...bat_and_Damage

offense is used to adjust the damage modifier that is multiplied by the weapon damage. higher offense will result in higher max hits and higher potential dps. i dont have any forumlas for it but afaik, weapon caps affect your chance to hit. so if you have lower weapon skills then you have a lower chance to hit the mob.
Old 11-30-2022, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogues have the same defense, parry and riposte skill caps as Monk/Warrior and the same HP per STA as a Monk. They are perfectly capable of pulling and tanking.
Please post a video of a Rogue tanking so I can laugh at them while they crumble into dust.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Lol I guess I’ll have to start looking for some Decent AC armor peaces for rogue to see how it does getting hit by moBs, versus higher dexterity trying to get procs with blood point.
My hazepanther peaces don’t have much ac, really just high on dexterity on them.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

To tank you need levels, defensive skills, hps, ac. Pretty much in that order. Aggro is more of a fluid concept in terms of weighting compared to the main "getting hit" part but obviously more is always better if you want to efficiently tank.

The issue is most rogues dont optimize for hps and AC. If they have a bunch of BIS, sure it comes with the territory. Rogues tank take hits just fine at this point on blue, their defensive skill points (not "defense" which is an AC modifier) are higher than rangers which are higher than bards. They actually have higher Defense Skill than knights, much higher dodge, lower parry, and no riposte skill.

A rogue will generally have less hps and less aggro than a knight, on par hps with more AC than a ranger but with less aggro. They also do a huge amount of damage from the back so even if you have a shaman in the group with torp it's almost always better for the sham to slow/torp and tank the thing to get it killed quicker than let the rogue tank it while putting out 120 damage minimum backstabs from the front.

In short, yea a lot of rogues and rangers have huge hp and ac pools. These are geared at the top of the current expansion. A rogue is basically a warrior compared to a ranger which is a knight in that situation. Comparing either to a warrior or knight with a ton of EC gear isn't fair. Their "apples to apples" comparison is far outclassing them in that same area for good reason (tanking is their job, both in DNA and gear optimization).
Old 11-30-2022, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol I guess I’ll have to start looking for some Decent AC armor peaces for rogue to see how it does getting hit by moBs, versus higher dexterity trying to get procs with blood point.
My hazepanther peaces don’t have much ac, really just high on dexterity on them.
Are you doing some sort of solo experiment?

Typically Rogues try to avoid proccing weapons because it steals aggro away from the tank.
Old 11-30-2022, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you doing some sort of solo experiment?

Typically Rogues try to avoid proccing weapons because it steals aggro away from the tank.
Yea I’ve solo’d to 52 on green at the moment, afk a lot so grouping would just boot me for so much afk Lol
Old 11-30-2022, 04:06 PM
Banned

Are you using a Fungi Tunic or anything?
Old 11-30-2022, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you using a Fungi Tunic or anything?
I have iksar regen plate and epic and 2x blood points, can kill 1 mob then med

Still not sure which is better epic with 1 blood point, or 2 blood points with 22% haste gloves
Old 11-30-2022, 04:15 PM
Banned

You're killing dark blue mobs?

You'll get 20% more haste with your epic, so probably that's most likely better.

You could get one of those swords that proc Snare and then using Intimidation to fear kite mobs.
Old 11-30-2022, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You're killing dark blue mobs?

You'll get 20% more haste with your epic, so probably that's most likely better.

You could get one of those swords that proc Snare and then using Intimidation to fear kite mobs.
Yeah I can kill a dark blue, have to med afterwards.

I have a been fear kiting , whenever it procs LoL, RNG sucks at times though.

Have a serrated dirk, haven’t really thought about using it though, since have j boots I can stay on top of the feared mob.