Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-28-2023, 03:53 AM
Fire Giant

The best solution would be to make all the legacy items only drop 5 times max.

Then we can laugh at casuals.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best solution would be to make all the legacy items only drop 5 times max.

Then we can laugh at casuals.
Make legacy items nodrop and increase drop rate.

Basically anything is better than /list as it is now.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajbert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make legacy items nodrop and increase drop rate.

Basically anything is better than /list as it is now.
Guise is already No Drop.

Would 100% approve this for the droppables, though. No Drop Manastone changes the game significantly in relation to the item.
Old 03-31-2023, 04:25 PM
Aviak

it'd be cool if they opened up legacy camps for a few weeks once every year or two

maybe randomly sometime between every 12-24 months

lets people still get items, but doesn't completely devalue them

idk maybe a bad idea i'm just spitballin
Old 03-31-2023, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it'd be cool if they opened up legacy camps for a few weeks once every year or two

I think few are happy with how legacy items work, at least when I discuss it with other players.

I've heard many suggestions, including yeah legacy item camps opening up again every few years.

My main gripes are simply that the camp isn't healthy and actively promotes account sharing which I still have no idea why it's allowed at all. It opens up a can of worms where players lose items or even have their accounts suspended or abused to inappropriate behavior or cheating. It also created huge bot armies that guilds use instead use of actual player characters, which I think is detrimental to fun and I believe it wasn't a common phenomenon on original live either (?).

The p99 community is aging. It's a matter of time before someone literally dies from an extreme session resulting in a deep venous thrombosis and resulting pulmonary embolism and death. A system that encourages players to stay on for 24+ hours is also encouraging players to take risks with their health.

Then the camps are simply unfriendly to anyone with work and life responsibilities. Once again, I'm not sure why we should premiere the very small group of players that are willing to forsake everything else or have nothing to forsake in order to participate in these camps.

There are many reasonable solutions. One example being players getting a ticket each hour of participation and a roll going out when the item drops and those tickets being saved between sessions. Another one being simply upping the drop rate to a rate that promotes fun and player health. Sure, there may then be more ogres with guises around and manastones may not be AS valuable anymore, but lets not pretend the current drop rates are classic either.

In fact, there's nothing classic about the current legacy camp system.
Old 03-31-2023, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Make it an automated /random for everyone /listed at the time of the drop. People can still no life it if they want but everyone else can come and go from the camp without the toxic ladder climb to the number one position and unhealthy maintenance of that position. Casuals have a shot to grab an item from sheer luck, which is more than they had in the current iteration.

Sure there's going to be bot toons just parking it but it would be an improvement despite not perfect, there's no perfect solution. Guild-bot armies have pre-dated /list and are as much a function of unlimited free accounts as anything else really.

Manastone really should get flagged no drop though, unclassic though it may be.
Last edited by Fammaden; 03-31-2023 at 06:37 PM..
Old 03-31-2023, 10:45 PM
Large Rat

manastone is a ridiculous farm, flagging as no drop...why?
Old 04-01-2023, 06:06 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know how they'd stop account sharing without making it an awful experience for regular people as well.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiktaalik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
manastone is a ridiculous farm, flagging as no drop...why?
To keep it from getting further bottlenecked by having people just camping it for cash. Manastone is one of *the* big things in EQ a lot of people have always wanted to see drop for themselves, but never got to due to either tike constraints or the excessive greed of others. No reason to not make it No Drop when the server is all about chasing those nostalgia endorphin moments.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nah not a bad idea at all, but a problem I see is the same endgame people monopolizing the camps every cycle just to sell or whatever.