Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 03-10-2023, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

oh lawd here we go again
Old 03-10-2023, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JBB is still great at 60. One common use is for clearing out trash that isn't too difficult, since you don't need to spend mana doing it.

I also use it when fighting WW dragons. If the dragon gets my health down faster than anticipated, I throw on a torpor and do 1-2 JBB casts while waiting to get back to safe levels of HP.

I also use it for low agro damage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY . With the new changes to poison/disease spells it may not be as necessary anymore, I need to test it.
You might be right. I have just found that the duration of pox/bane ends up lasting about the amount of time it takes me to canni back the mana I used to cast them, then torpor and by then bane has usually worn off. Bane does more dps than a JBB if chain casted with no interrupts, so it never made sense to me to use JBB over Bane when the time it takes to build the mana back up after casting it, is similar to the duration of bane.

I admittedly don’t enjoy my shaman that much and therefore don’t play him that often. I’d rather use my enchanter to farm, if I’m gonna do it, so I’m not the best authority on the class. I would never use a JBB over Bane though. The only time I could see clicking a JBB is on a mob that wouldn’t live long enough for Bane to run its course (which is almost never) or if you have 8 seconds left before bane wears off and you canni/torpor back to full, then I’d click it. But that’s not worth 16-18k to me.
Old 03-11-2023, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might be right. I have just found that the duration of pox/bane ends up lasting about the amount of time it takes me to canni back the mana I used to cast them, then torpor and by then bane has usually worn off. Bane does more dps than a JBB if chain casted with no interrupts, so it never made sense to me to use JBB over Bane when the time it takes to build the mana back up after casting it, is similar to the duration of bane.

I admittedly don’t enjoy my shaman that much and therefore don’t play him that often. I’d rather use my enchanter to farm, if I’m gonna do it, so I’m not the best authority on the class. I would never use a JBB over Bane though. The only time I could see clicking a JBB is on a mob that wouldn’t live long enough for Bane to run its course (which is almost never) or if you have 8 seconds left before bane wears off and you canni/torpor back to full, then I’d click it. But that’s not worth 16-18k to me.
Yeah it's mostly a mana saving tool. The problem with high level Shaman spells is they all cost a lot of mana. There are plenty of times where I resort to JBB because it can save a bit of time on cannibalizing. If a mob is at like 5% HP when all your DoTs run off, it sucks to have to recast Bane on it to finish it off.

Since you have a 60 Enchanter that is generally the better class to farm on. I don't have a 60 Enchanter, so most of my farming is done on my Shaman. For someone who has both a 60 Enchanter and a 60 Shaman I agree JBB is less necessary since you aren't farming on your Shaman anyway. It's best when you main your Shaman. Saving a spell slot is really nice on a Shaman since typically 5/8 slots are filled already .
Old 03-11-2023, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh lawd here we go again
Old 03-11-2023, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Has to be kept in mind, too, that clicky items circumvent the global cooldown. While any instant-click item can reset the GCD, it can't reset the inherent cooldowns that some spells have. There will be times when you just have dead space between casts no matter what. In a lot of cases, you need to weigh a clicky item's cast time against the fact that you never have to wait for it, you can just start the cast immediately and then cast another spell immediately afterwards as well. By and large, you can probably treat an item with an 8.0 clicky as being functionally the same as a spell with a 6.0 cast time, just because you don't have to deal with any in-between waits.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:45 PM
Kobold

It's my life's mission to min/max a 20+ year old game to the point where I get no enjoyment out of it but I want a false sense of accomplishment of my life.
Old 03-14-2023, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's my life's mission to min/max a 20+ year old game to the point where I get no enjoyment out of it but I want a false sense of accomplishment of my life.
You get it
Old 03-15-2023, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

I mean, is it any less nerdy to make major, character-defining decisions based purely on appearance in a game that looks this primitive? It's not as if you're choosing something that looks great, it's one step above preferring triangles over squares.
Old 04-26-2023, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might be right. I have just found that the duration of pox/bane ends up lasting about the amount of time it takes me to canni back the mana I used to cast them, then torpor and by then bane has usually worn off. Bane does more dps than a JBB if chain casted with no interrupts, so it never made sense to me to use JBB over Bane when the time it takes to build the mana back up after casting it, is similar to the duration of bane..
This is the correct answer. Either epic or Bane fully replace JBB.
Old 04-26-2023, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

There's usually a lot better things you can be doing than clicking JBB (at 60 w/ torpor).

Its amazing til you get bane/pox/epic/torpor tho.