Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-02-2023, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aggro management for casters is trivial. Spell aggro was too high before, but now it's way too little.

So pets and warriors can hold aggro like ubertanks, and casters don't need to worry about pulling aggro with heals, slows, or debuffs landing too soon.
Lol, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Warrior aggro is basically negligible. Enchanters and shamans (and druids when they're doing real work) are getting murdered after 2 slow attempts. It's miserable for them and the tanks.

Slow aggro on a proccing weapon seems to be almost nil. Slow aggro from a shm/enc is wayyyy higher than anything a warrior can do, even after waiting until the mob is like 80%

READ THIS PLEASE.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Last edited by Samoht; 01-02-2023 at 03:00 PM..
Old 01-07-2023, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Warrior aggro is basically negligible. Enchanters and shamans (and druids when they're doing real work) are getting murdered after 2 slow attempts. It's miserable for them and the tanks.

Slow aggro on a proccing weapon seems to be almost nil. Slow aggro from a shm/enc is wayyyy higher than anything a warrior can do, even after waiting until the mob is like 80%

READ THIS PLEASE.
Everything about this situation (and I'll add the disease cloud/shadow vortex break as well) feels desperately in need of being reverted to how it was pre-patch. Yet, is there talk of this happening? Do they realize how completely broken aggro is now? And how utterly useless SK's have become?

If the logic is "do what the live devs did," then take a look at the whole timeline of EQ, where SK's received several lines of different aggro spells to make them the absolute, undisputed kings of snap aggro, as they were always meant to be.

I was on my 60 SK last night trying to help a group of lowbies by tanking for them bc they didn't have one. The humiliation when I couldn't keep aggro off a bunch of lvl 25-30's spamming disease cloud/shadow vortex.

So what... SK's are supposed to rely on their taunt now? Right...
Old 01-07-2023, 05:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK's are supposed to rely on their taunt now? Right...
Warriors be like

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2023, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everything about this situation (and I'll add the disease cloud/shadow vortex break as well) feels desperately in need of being reverted to how it was pre-patch. Yet, is there talk of this happening? Do they realize how completely broken aggro is now? And how utterly useless SK's have become?

If the logic is "do what the live devs did," then take a look at the whole timeline of EQ, where SK's received several lines of different aggro spells to make them the absolute, undisputed kings of snap aggro, as they were always meant to be.

I was on my 60 SK last night trying to help a group of lowbies by tanking for them bc they didn't have one. The humiliation when I couldn't keep aggro off a bunch of lvl 25-30's spamming disease cloud/shadow vortex.

So what... SK's are supposed to rely on their taunt now? Right...
This is a free server, ran by humans that spend their hard time offering a free game. Why don't you calm down buddy and if you don't like it, leave! I personally love the changes and have been keeping aggro no problem. This isn't wow where you have a " pull aggro" button. Learn to communicate with your group members.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:27 PM
Banned

OH NO AUTOATTACK AFK ISN'T WORKING
(lol)
Old 01-07-2023, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a free server, ran by humans that spend their hard time offering a free game. Why don't you calm down buddy and if you don't like it, leave! I personally love the changes and have been keeping aggro no problem. This isn't wow where you have a " pull aggro" button. Learn to communicate with your group members.
lets get real here, the game is free because it is illegal for them to make money off of it.

obviously we all appreciate the work the staff does. but does or should their altruistic labor of love shield them from all criticism? I propose it does not.

these p99 devs have heard alot worse than, "wahh a game mechanic got broke", and they have thick skin. They tolerate a lot of staff bashing up to some line where shit gets real I guess.

Now, if you're a game developer, and when something goes wrong in your game and all your players get pissed, and express that they are pissed, that means that they like your game, and care about it.

If nobody got pissed when your game broke then it means your game sucks and nobody cares that it broke.

The internet is no place for amenable meekness, and every single one of us knows it.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

The guy he's replying to has been throwing a total temper tantrum on multiple areas of the forums over shadowknights specifically, while taking apparently zero time to actually understand the issues instead of just raging out.

Criticizing the changes is fine, acting like a baby is a dumb look and he's getting called out for it.
Old 01-08-2023, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The guy he's replying to has been throwing a total temper tantrum on multiple areas of the forums over shadowknights specifically, while taking apparently zero time to actually understand the issues instead of just raging out.

Criticizing the changes is fine, acting like a baby is a dumb look and he's getting called out for it.
Octavian also keeps mentioning using hp scaled aggro spells vs low level (presumably low hp) mobs and wondering why they don't generate aggro as well as a group full of (presumably) hasted twink weapon swinging away ...

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-08-2023, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Octavian also keeps mentioning using hp scaled aggro spells vs low level (presumably low hp) mobs and wondering why they don't generate aggro as well as a group full of (presumably) hasted twink weapon swinging away ...
Yeah, part of the not taking any time to understand what changed exactly.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yet, is there talk of this happening? Do they realize how completely broken aggro is now?
This bears repeating: The senior developers don't play on P1999 insofar as we know, and we have little reason to believe they're even aware that there's a problem, let alone how severe it is. At least I haven't seen 'em post anything on the forum. Can't get fixes until we first get their attention.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 01-09-2023 at 12:46 AM..