Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 03-01-2022, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Insect protein will be a necessary staple in Russia diet after the West punished them economically 🦞🦞🦞
Old 03-01-2022, 03:32 PM
Banned

Paradoxes Stellaris has a great (it's great because it's bad ironically) Federation system lol. Each member state contributes units from its own pool and the leader can design and build when it's in control though some system. So the leader changes hands. The units will do their own thing when your not the head of the Federation. When you are you can send them around and control them directly. This results in a completely weird mismatched force that is hard to retrofit. Belligerent leaders can scrap most of the force or engage them in pointless maneuvers. Although the Federation has to vote unanimously to open an offensive war.

What happens when your in a Federation can be absolutely hilarious. Also you can get lucky and completely dominate the map with a force 10x the size of everyone else.

I typically only gave the minimum effort giving units to the Federation (u have to give a certain amount) and maintain my own large standing force. Although the real fun wins where constantly pumping the Federations pool as much as possible.

Always fun. Completely random...having a range of random units .. some almost completely useless and obsolete on their own was always interesting.

Sometimes a particularly strong militant a Federation member would hand me an elite force well beyond the technology of anything anyone else or I could produce. The complexity was really fun.

Anyway I hate to see that play out real time. Ukraine is not a game to me. Yet... I think some of you may be amused by this anecdote.

EU membership is likely going to really help Ukraine.

Imagine if Belarus and Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan like solidified against Russia.

I don't think the generals would allow Putin to nuke them.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:37 PM
Banned

They CANT hold it.

No matter how deep they go.

Nothing short of occupation for years, concentration camps, will make it part of russia.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Wouldnt be the tribulation if it wasnt.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

It's been a long time since there has been good global news and right now Ukraine's story is like standing under a waterfall forgetting all the B.S. we've been swimming in.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:17 PM
Banned

Russia is gonna stop soon

they got the entire world on their balls telling them to cut this shit out
Old 03-01-2022, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

No one is going to believe the Russian army is capable of sustained offensive operations for a long long time.

This is way worse than any Afghanistan pullout or even Vietnam. No one doubted our combat ability, we could have flattened both countries over and over but had no will. Everyone knows that the United States can pick any spot on Earth outside of Russia and China and take it in 3 days.

I want to give credit where it's due. The Red Army saved Europe from the Nazis, not the atomic bombs or the Normandy landings. When the Allies charged into Europe they were facing decimated and shell-shocked troops reconstituting from being slaughtered out east. And they didn't do it all with human wave attacks. Russia like Germany faced severe manpower shortages throughout the war. They won because they fought better, fought smarter, braver and their general staff proved far superior to the OKH.

They rode that reputation until today.

Look for Finland to start making territorial demands on Russia soon.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:31 PM
Banned

either russia stops doing it

or they go ape shit and it escalates to nuclear war
Old 03-01-2022, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

I would like to see Finland regain their territories.

Kaliningrad should be given two options, nationhood or Lithuania.

Crimea should be given to the Tatars. All Russians and Ukrainians to be removed, Crimean Tatars allowed to return and settle.

The Donbass should remain part of Ukraine.

After that a new constitution should be shoved down Russia's throat, making it's current borders forever and inviolate and turning Russia into a non-nuclear power.

Lastly, Russia and Ukraine to join NATO.

Then we all gang up on Lukashenko.
Old 03-01-2022, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Holy shit I think I just found the formula for world peace and my ultimate goal, the promotion of a one world government.

The sooner we get the Federation the sooner we can mate with the Vulcans!

Everyone has their own sexy Vulcan they would like to mate with I'm sure! Here is my perhaps surprising choice. But everyone has their tastes, amirite?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]