Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 03-30-2022, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Out of curiosity, why were manastones originally removed back in the day?
IIRC it was becoming a req for a cleric to have a manastone for guilds/raids, and the devs didn't like that.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:35 AM
Kobold

i wouldn’t touch it if book staring to med is a thing. would be neat if there was a pure classic server, no expansions at all.
Old 04-01-2022, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would be neat if there was a pure classic server, no expansions at all.
I would love that. Classic is best!
Old 04-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolguy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i wouldn’t touch it if book staring to med is a thing. would be neat if there was a pure classic server, no expansions at all.
You can't say you want a vanilla server and then say you don't think that looking at the book to meditate is not okay can you?

Having to look at the book to meditate is one of the draw backs of being a caster, a class type that is better in almost every single way than a melee. But they gotta focus on their studies.

Wish there was a way to have the locked in solid viewport UI.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 04-01-2022, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't say you want a vanilla server and then say you don't think that looking at the book to meditate is not okay can you?

Having to look at the book to meditate is one of the draw backs of being a caster, a class type that is better in almost every single way than a melee. But they gotta focus on their studies.

Just give blind effect and all noises are muted so you can't even hear a giant walking near lol
Old 04-01-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

Yeah book medding is classic af. And getting to the point of not needing to do it anymore is like a rite of passage for casters, I was honestly kind of bummed it was removed as early as it was.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So, thematically I agree with you. It makes sense that meditating means you have to focus to gather your power and that the drawback is you are unaware of your surroundings.

However, in practice, I remember it got real old and super boring fast. I remember being so happy back in the day when you could just sit and med and not have to stare at that book. In retrospect, I wish they had made meditating a sort of mini-game. Something, fun and active, that you did to get your mana back faster.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

The player base can never revert back to classic

So in that regard we can avoid, hopefully, this time, forcing broken mechanics that were never a part of the game for way , way , waaaaaaaay too long. That were not part of the classic experience. Can be avoided.

Ex.
-Pets over 34 not existing by accident on EQ release, it was never experienced in classic, fixed as soon as it was discovered.
-Abuse of clicky that were not part of classic experience, lets not wait too late

I am sure people can think of others that are possible to fix to recreate the classic experience. Unless i am wrong and what were are trying to simulate is to have the same 0's and 1's at the same dates, without taking into account the consequences.

The simulation is great, but we must take our distance of those who do not understand the difference between reproducing the classic experience and reproducing numbers. I repeat, the player base can never revert to classic. The server will be filled with 50's in no time and i believe, for the best experience, we need to account to that.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:33 PM
Sarnak

Still hasnt fixed how dark everything should be at night. Before next server launch, pls fix the immersion factor of blind characters at night. #lightstonesmatter
Old 04-01-2022, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still hasnt fixed how dark everything should be at night. Before next server launch, pls fix the immersion factor of blind characters at night. #lightstonesmatter
Don't beg for this, because what they implemented on green made you run dynamic lighting completely fucking the performance of the game in the ass, and then was not classic at all hyper dark with unnatural wall of brightness around the player when player had a light source.

I don't know if they can fix the human barb erudite blindness issue on this version of the game without it being terrible (and not classic)
Lost but not forgotten.