Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-23-2023, 09:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
never forget
Kind of wish you didn't bump this.

Not that he doesn't deserve mockery and insults, but more that he lacks the intelligence and maturity to acknowledge why he deserves it.
Old 06-23-2023, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sorry, did you think this reply makes any sense?

The thread has exposed you long ago for the psychopathic man child you are. You would do well to bow out and never return.

I didn't even want this thread bumped again. But if you're going to make a post saying this thread "exposed the trolls", when you should have left well enough alone, then you are the most pathetic human being I've ever seen on the internet.

Just fuck off already.
Blame Toxigen for bumping the thread, not me.

When you make posts like this, you aren't doing yourself any favors, or making yourself look good. It simply proves my point.

I said you have a reading comprehension issue because it is the truth. That, or you are trolling by twisting what I said.

I did not say Shamans can out DPS a Mage in single target scenarios, which is what people are going to think when you accuse me of saying "Shamans can out DPS Mages". I said Shamans can out DPS a Mage if you can root rot multiple mobs at a time, which is a perfectly valid strategy in an XP group where you are just churning through mobs.

The zealous behavior in this thread was people saying "you can't root rot multiple mobs in a group, that isn't allowed!". This is clearly not true, but apparently people can't have Mages be in a position where they aren't out-DPSing the Shaman.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

Can you honestly tell me, throughout this thread, you weren't making some of the most disingenuous arguments imaginable? You deserved every insult and mockery thrown towards you.

We already explained more than half a year ago to you why no one is going to root rot mobs parallel to a 2 charm group sawing through one mob at a time. Do we really have to have another 300 pages explaining to you why this is insane behaviour?

Are you this insanely childish to continue with this rhetoric after this amount of time?

You knew you were wrong then, and you still know you're wrong now. Coming back after this amount of time doesn't lessen this.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you honestly tell me, throughout this thread, you weren't making some of the most disingenuous arguments imaginable? You deserved every insult and mockery thrown towards you.

We already explained more than half a year ago to you why no one is going to root rot mobs parallel to a 2 charm group sawing through one mob at a time. Do we really have to have another 300 pages explaining to you why this is insane behaviour?

Are you this insanely childish to continue with this rhetoric after this amount of time?

You knew you were wrong then, and you still know you're wrong now. Coming back after this amount of time doesn't lessen this.
"You can't play the game in a way that allows Shamans to do more DPS". This is why you are a troll. You are trying to force people to play the game in a specific way so you cannot be wrong on an Elf forum[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And you are trying to claim you are the adult here?
Old 06-23-2023, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

You remember that comment I made about having a wizard and bard doing their own thing parallel to 4 other people taking one mob at a time? You remember how I said how insanely illogical it would be for them to be engaging in a snare kite would be in this group?

Nobody said that shaman couldn't hypothetically do more damage than a mage with enough rooted targets taking DoTs -- we said it was adding unnecessary risk to this 4 man group, and that it wasn't conducive to speeding up the kills in a charm group.

Listen: I know you're not very intelligent, considering you're back here again, but can't you see how irrelevant shaman is here in a 2 enchanter 1 cleric group?

You really can't see how you're being checkmated here once again?
Old 06-23-2023, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You remember that comment I made about having a wizard and bard doing their own thing parallel to 4 other people taking one mob at a time? You remember how I said how insanely illogical it would be for them to be engaging in a snare kite would be in this group?

Nobody said that shaman couldn't hypothetically do more damage than a mage with enough rooted targets taking DoTs -- we said it was adding unnecessary risk to this 4 man group, and that it wasn't conducive to speeding up the kills in a charm group.

Listen: I know you're not very intelligent, considering you're back here again, but can't you see how irrelevant shaman is here in a 2 enchanter 1 cleric group?

You really can't see how you're being checkmated here once again?
I am not sure why you are angry then, or disagreeing with me. You seem to agree that Shamans can out DPS a Mage when root rotting, which was my point.

I simply disagree that root rotting is risky in a group scenario, because a Shaman can do it just fine solo. It wouldn't be a very good solo strategy if it was so risky you are dying often.

Please stop trying to discourage people from playing the game in different ways simply because your ego can't handle it.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

But why would a shaman be doing that? This isn't a group with 2 necromancers and 1 bard -- this is a group with 2 enchanters and 1 cleric. Mage is the better fit for this group.

Meanwhile, in order to reach this higher DPS in order to show that mages are somehow the inferior DPS class, you're either doing very low targets to prevent a problem, which mean nothing in an exp group and a group trying to get some really juicy loot, or you get unlucky root resists which could waste time at best or spiral out of control at worst.

Why would 2 enchanters be fine with you doing this in their 2 charm group as they safely obliterate one mob at a time? Would they do it to appease your childish attempt to prove a point?

Your ego comment might have got to me if it weren't for the fact you've demonstrated over the course of this thread your complete and utter lack of sanity, intelligence and maturity.

In fact: why am I even trying to make counter arguments to you again? Despite my anger towards you, I still feel I'm being too polite by repeating myself again after more than 6 months.

You've had this told to you before, in case you've forgotten (you haven't).
Old 06-23-2023, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But why would a shaman be doing that? This isn't a group with 2 necromancers and 1 bard -- this is a group with 2 enchanters and 1 cleric. Mage is the better fit for this group.

Meanwhile, in order to reach this higher DPS in order to show that mages are somehow the inferior DPS class, you're either doing very low targets to prevent a problem, which mean nothing in an exp group and a group trying to get some really juicy loot, or you get unlucky root resists which could waste time at best or spiral out of control at worst.

Why would 2 enchanters be fine with you doing this in their 2 charm group as they safely obliterate one mob at a time? Would they do it to appease your childish attempt to prove a point?

Your ego comment might have got to me if it weren't for the fact you've demonstrated over the course of this thread your complete and utter lack of sanity, intelligence and maturity.

In fact: why am I even trying to make counter arguments to you again? Despite my anger towards you, I still feel I'm being too polite by repeating myself again after more than 6 months.

You've had this told to you before, in case you've forgotten (you haven't).
I think you forgot that people basically kept bouncing back and forth between XP groups and Loot groups to muddy the water because their arguments couldn't hold water.

In an XP group, the Shaman can root/rot if you want more kills, because XP groups are generally killing mobs easy enough to do so. I can't really think of a location that a group would go to where they can chainsaw mobs extremely fast, while also fighting a bunch of mobs with heavy magic resistance. It's a very specific scenario you are trying to create to prove your point, and that isn't P99 generally speaking.

In a Loot group, a Shaman provides great utility including damage mitigation, and DPS isn't that relevant when you are already doing so much of it with the 2x Enchanter pets. The difference between 200 DPS and 250 DPS on a mob with 18000 HP (Fungi King) is 90 seconds vs. 72 seconds. When you are waiting 30 minutes for a mob to respawn, saving 18 seconds is basically irrelevant. That 18 seconds is what the Mage is providing, vs. all the utility a Shaman has to offer.

Again, Mages are a great addition to the team if you are doing a lot of CoTH shenanigans, but most camps don't need that. This is more of a specific scenario where the group has agreed to do certain camps as their primary targets.
Old 06-23-2023, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

This is a whole lot of "I know this is an insane situation I've created, but I'll be damned if I admit to being wrong" to me.

Bards can AoE kite 25 mobs in zones and can do far more DPS than mages. Are you going to tell me with a straight face that bards are the superior DPS class over mages because you fail to realise external factors in that DPS?

DSM -- one of the sorest losers I've ever seen on the internet. And I've been on the internet for more than 20 years on forums.

Just let that sink in.

Yes. He really is that insane...
Old 06-23-2023, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
This is a whole lot of "I know this is an insane situation I've created, but I'll be damned if I admit to being wrong" to me.

Bards can AoE kite 25 mobs in zones and can do far more DPS than mages. Are you going to tell me with a straight face that bards are the superior DPS class over mages because you fail to realise external factors in that DPS?

DSM -- one of the sorest losers I've ever seen on the internet. And I've been on the internet for more than 20 years on forums.

Just let that sink in.

Yes. He really is that insane...
You are the only person trying to advocate for bard kiting in a group. Great strawman. But since you cannot rebut the other arguments I made in the last post, that is all you can do.

The amount of space you need for a bard kite is much greater than the space needed for root rotting, so I fail to see why you think you are being clever here with that comparison.

The only extreme situation being created is the one where you have an XP group that can chainsaw through mobs with 2x Enchanters, while also fighting a bunch of mobs that have so much magic resistance that root doesn't work very well. Disregarding the fact that that would influence Enchanter pets as well. You are the one who created this scenario[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-23-2023 at 11:22 AM..